First time grow - General questions

DarkRelic

Hi everyone, this is my first test grow and have some questions.

I have been following information I have found on the Interwebs and so far so good

I currently only have one plant and really unsure of the strain, by the looks its probably Indica-Dom
its growing small and bushy as i have kept the lights about 4-6 inches away

i have topped it twice (not sure if this was the best but only time will tell i guess) topped at the fifth node and then and then at the first node off of them, in the hopes to create 4 tops

Its currently showing preflowers but unsure of what sex they are at this point

I am using 3 23w 6700k CFL, 2x 2700k CFL

my grow area is compact and has enough vertical height of about 4 feet

Im using Jungle Juice 2 part nute for veg

now for the question

I have noticed that there are fine white hairs coming out of the alt node on two sites, but no calyx, and preflowers on 4 sites calyx, no hairs

i have already destroyed a male and hoping this is not going male on me?

this is my first post so i apologize if it is at all confusing

DR, :welcome: to :420:

I agree with Ricky. Let's see some pictures! Sounds like you have a girl, but one picture is worth blah blah blah... :cheesygrinsmiley:
With CFLs, keep 'em close. Instead of 4-6", I'd try for 2", or as close as possible w/o touching. Do you have a way to monitor heat and RH? How about air circulation? Your topping sounds fine assuming you have the room for a bigger, slower plant.

whatami.jpg

Pretty plant from what I can see, though I can not see where the white hairs you were referring to are. (bad eyes, a part of being OLD) Perhaps it would help if you took a few pics from different angles showing the white hairs you were referring to. From the sound of it, it would imply you got yourself a young lady but can not say for sure from that pic. Also have to agree with everyone as far as moving your lights closer. That is one of the beauties of CFLs you can have them super close.

I can't tell from that picture. I can't see a calyx or pistils.

Since you only have one plant I would suggest you keep on doing what your doing, she looks dandy, and let her/him spread her /his wings a little fully develop. I have seen plants that appear at 1st to be female turn out to be males and vise versa. Heck with my old eyes I actually got all excited last week because I thought I had a male in my veg tent because of the way she looked until I remembered that she was a clone off the female I had in my flowering tent... DOH
How old is she/he by the way? many say you can tell within 2 weeks, though I find by end of week 4 I will know for sure. Generally speaking males will show sooner then females but that really means nothing.

It may take several weeks & perhaps more for some strains to show pre flowers in veg.

At the moment i can not see any real signs of whether it is a boy/girl ?

The only real way is to force flower by flipping to 12/12...

But suggest that the new growth from topped branches gain a few inches or more of growth first or it will lower yield, perhaps you could take or find suitable clone/cutting material & may look at lower limbs for such just in case it turns female !

No harm in a few clones/cuttings & may well progress your own growing skills in the process of learning :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom