First Time Grow - Headband & Blue Dream

Sorry...but I like weed. If it is properly dried and cured mature sensimilla, then I will be happy.

My latest new favorite is Gorilla Glue #4.

Big fan of Sour Diesel, Blueberry and even better Blueberry Kush. WW is always a knock out although some of the F1's that have been made from here are supposedly really rocking. I have some but Snow White which is WW x NL F1 but all I got were males so far.

I am very happy with both Blue Mystic and Raspberry Cough. I almost won POM on here with some RC.

I prefer the afghan and Kush lines for indica.
I prefer Mexican for Sativas.

Hybrids are usually preferable.

According to a very reliable site...

Top most popular

Hybrids:
Blue Dream
Girl Scout Cookies
OG KUSH
White Widow - I have some of these...growing now
AK-47 - I have some of these...not tried yet
Train Wreck
Pineapple Express
Headband
Gorilla Glue #4 - I have experienced a very good bag of this stuff lab tested from a reputable dispensary!!! My wife called it "the strong stuff"

Indica:
Grand Daddy Purple - Its not bad...maybe just the bag I got
Bubba Kush - Yummy
Northern Lights - The foundation
Blue Cheese
Purple Kush - Very good
Grape Ape
Blackberry Kush - Just finished some of this last week. Pretty good.
Blueberry - Very good
Master Kush - I am buyng some of this next
Afghan Kush

Sativa
Sour Diesel - May be my favorite
Green Crack - Be carfull there are 2 kinds of this and one is more sativa and on is more indica but it really is more of a mix but it is a complex one
Jack Herer
Durban Poison - Great to start a breeding program from as it is a land race but not the best. Very Very good but no WW.
Super Silver Haze - 2 Thumbs up here
Lemon Haze
Alaskan Thunder Fuck - Boy that takes me back to the 80's
Strawberry Cough
Super lemon Haze

I have NOT found a cookie hybrid I like yet.

It is all a personal choice.

Hello again VI I agree with you 100% on all those strains I have yet to try silver haze and raspberry cough. If you like those check out Dr.Atomic's stuff and also blackberry kush. I really need to check blueberry kush out. I may order some seeds from hempdepot.

I have some picture updates for you guys of harvesting 1 plant the scroged headband. I got off work on Saturday at 6 chopped it down, thought I would have it down and hanging in a few hours boy was I wrong. I ended staying up all night.

I also sprouted some headband x bluedream seeds I wonder how mango taste will taste with blueberry.

So I smoked a joint of this with a moist bud and a dry bud nice mango taste right now. I put some in a jar for a test smelt good the first day and now it smells not so good.

Bought a 4 liter Cvault as well cant wait to use it!

Chop and hang hanging day 6 days 19c-21c 45%-5%% RH::
Headband_scrog_harvest_1_plant_hanging.jpg

Closeup headband harvest hanging day 6 days 19c 50% RH:
Headband_scrog_harvest_closeup.jpg

Closeup headband harvest hanging day 6 days 19c 50% RH:
Headband_Scrog_harvest_hanging_buds_burnt_leafs.jpg

Fact check this next tip , its a trick sometimes used in the commercial grow industry , don't take my word for it look into it.

if you cure/dry your bud at 60% humidity the left over nutrients will be consumed in the curing process this cleaning up of the nutrients allows the buds taste and flavor to come out , making it healthier at the same time.

My drying tent is 37% RH with nothing inside it. When moving the plants or chopping and hanging the buds at the top would I want to add a sonic humidifier. From what I have read if you do just passive intake with no fan it will probably dry in 4 days with 40% RH.

That is the cure. You dry first and then seal it up at about 60% RH. there is an anaerobic bacteria that grows in there and will consume left over sugars and chlorophyll. That removes the harshness and gets you to the true flavor of that strain. But it has to be sealed for the bacteria to grow otherwise it dies. it has to be between about 55 and 65% humidity otherwise they die.

so you dry first then cure for 2 - 6 months. Then it is smooth tasty smoke.

The sell these humidity packs that will release or extract water from the air to maintain a specific humidity and you can buy them in 62% which is what most people use.

If you let it get too dry the bacteria die and the weed has a hay smell.

Good luck. In my journal I have a few pages on it starting about here... VI's Subcool Based 2 Worm Multi-Strain Mother Hunt - 2016 - Page 7

Just be patient. make sure it is "dry" before going into cure otherwise it will mold and ruin the batch.

There are a ton of posts on this. I think we have an entire sub forum dedicated to harvest and curing here.
Harvest, Preparation & Curing

I think that section deserves more attention as it is important and most people are doing it wrong.

Also look up "bud washing" while you are cruising around. It is a long thread but just read the first page until you get through the post from the guy who started this. Don't use hot water and you will be happy.
Bud Washing

Hello guys thanks for the likes. I snapped the steams today and they seem good. So I jarred them up and put what I could into the cvault. Blue dream needs another flush or 2 it was 900ppm 3 days ago.

Cvault of headband:
Headband_scrog_first_harvest_cvault_bowl_April_22nd.jpg

Big headband scrog buds laid out:
Headband_harvest_scrogged_plant_big_buds.jpg

Hello guys chopped the blue dream today and its hanging I pulled fan leafs last night. I did not trim I will do that before the jar.

New seeds!

6 female True Canna Genetics Terperlla. Chocolope(DNS Gentics) x Super Silver Haze(Greenhouse Seeds).
6 female DNA Martian Mean Green - Sharksbreath x G13
2 female Crystal M.E.T.H.(Sweet Pheno)s

Have a question about this plant is it all seed? When I look at it I only see small buds at the bottom and around the middle. Is this normal for a 6 foot plant going into week 14. Also still now sure how all these got seed I did get the male quick before
Headband_all_seed.jpg

Should I chop this plant down then or wait for the seeds to mature? Are the seeds from it worth salvaging/keeping? If so will they be feminized?

Nope your not going to want those seeds they will be a replica of the plants traits or a high chance of

Get her out of there and away from any and all plants is my suggestion

I would cut it down and try vaporizing some or could make a little oil or some big batches of cookies.

It beats a sharp stick in the eye not all is lost

Thanks LEDBud I sure hope my clones did not come off this plant. I will chop this sucka down right away.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom