First time grow - Help!

Nuggbunny96

Strain: Wild Indian Sativa

Soil: Coco Peat + Perlite + Vermiculite + Neem (herb)

Soil pH: 5.6

Water pH: 5.8

Temperature: 75- 82°F

Humidity: 65%

Light: 45w LED (cool day light) equivalent to 85w CFL, 4500 lumens, 6500k- 6 inches away.

Day: 10

No nutrients added. Watering once a day, 2 spoonful.

All my plants are bending at the stem, I have lost 6/10 plants to this so far.

This morning I woke up to my strongest plant looking a bit frail, I'm afraid this one might die too. What can I do?!?! Please help!
420-magazine-mobile1396276394.jpg

Firstly... 1 plant per pot. Sometimes people do two but you do not want your roots fighting one another for space... even with two one plant usually ends up dominating the other.

Your seedlings need a fan blowing on them to toughen up the stems. A gentle breeze making them dance works their muscles so to speak... creating stronger legs.

Your mix does not look like coco to me. It also looks entirely too damp. Cannabis thrives when it is given a wet to dry cycle. You don't want to be keeping it wet by watering every day. I do not know what you mean by coco peat. Coco has very different requirements than peat based soil mixes so its either one or the other. I also do not know what you mean by using neem in the soil. Neem is an natural insecticide.

In would transplant the seedlings that are still kicking to their own container. It can be just a small plastic cup at this point in their life. You want a small container that won't stay moist for too long. A small container allow their roots to flourish quickly and then you can transplant to a larger container.

Can you give us an idea of what exactly in is your soil mix and what percentages of each component?

Are you keeping the bulb as close as you can without burning the seedlings? Thats what you want in the very early stages of their lives...

The more info the more we can help.

Best of luck.

xxKItty

Thanks CannaKitty!!
I started off with 1 plant per pot but they weren't doing so well. Was hoping at least one of them would make it in the pot.

The fan is the first thing on my list. I really hope it's lack of ventilation than anything major.

The mix is coco peat brick, I added perlite and Vermiculite to it. (70-20-10) I didn't really have anything else to add to the mix so I added a handful of soil blend mix containing cocopeat, vermicompost and Neem. It's supposed to have a bit of Calcium, magnesium etc.

I have started the wet dry cycle today. Will let you know how it goes .

Thank you!!!

Firstly... 1 plant per pot. Sometimes people do two but you do not want your roots fighting one another for space... even with two one plant usually ends up dominating the other.

Your seedlings need a fan blowing on them to toughen up the stems. A gentle breeze making them dance works their muscles so to speak... creating stronger legs.

Your mix does not look like coco to me. It also looks entirely too damp. Cannabis thrives when it is given a wet to dry cycle. You don't want to be keeping it wet by watering every day. I do not know what you mean by coco peat. Coco has very different requirements than peat based soil mixes so its either one or the other. I also do not know what you mean by using neem in the soil. Neem is an natural insecticide.

In would transplant the seedlings that are still kicking to their own container. It can be just a small plastic cup at this point in their life. You want a small container that won't stay moist for too long. A small container allow their roots to flourish quickly and then you can transplant to a larger container.

Can you give us an idea of what exactly in is your soil mix and what percentages of each component?

Are you keeping the bulb as close as you can without burning the seedlings? Thats what you want in the very early stages of their lives...

The more info the more we can help.

Best of luck.

xxKItty

I'm thinking of starting another seed. My Nirvana autos will be arriving soon but I wanted to practice with these seeds first since I'm new.

Could you tell me if this soil mix will work?
Satavic Farms Special soil-less blend with imported Peat moss, Perlite, Vermiculite and Cocopeat (900 grams): Amazon.in: Garden & Outdoors

Here's another one.
Green Roots Organic Soil Mix 990gms: Amazon.in: Garden & Outdoors

Back
Top Bottom