First Time Grow Journal - Advice Welcome!

kaylablazeit

Alright so I had posted pictures before in another thread, but now I wanna make a legit grow journal, so here it goes :)

what strain is it? Unknown
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? I am pretty sure they're Indica dominant
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg :)
If in Veg... For how long? about 2 and a half months, almost three
If in Flower stage... For how long? n/a
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Some soil I got from homehardware, its not miracle grow or anything like that so I think they're all right
If soil... What size pot? 5 gal I think
Size of light? cfl 100w I think
Is it aircooled? Uhh, a normal house fan,
Temp of Room/cab? Usually between 22 and 27 degrees celcius
RH of Room/cab? ?
PH of media or res? ?
Any Pests ? not known
How often are you watering? when needed
Type and strength of ferts used? none.

image14331.jpg
image14330.jpg
IMG_193515.JPG
IMG_193412.JPG
IMG_193313.JPG
IMG_193214.JPG

There are more recent photos... my laptop is just being dumb and wont let me upload the photos.... or I just dont know how to do it.

Today I plan on making holes in the bottom of the flowering pots and flushing the soil with Ph balanced water since some of the old leaves on one of my girls were getting yellowish brownish reddish spots on them... I tested the water yesterday and the ph and alklinity were the highest the strips would test, so I added some vinegar to the water and let it sit over night, the ph is about 6.5 now. Im content with that.

Should I wait to flush out the soil until the soil is dry? Because it's moist right now.

For your CFL: How many bulbs? Is 100w the actual wattage used, or is it the equivalent number?
How often are you watering?
RH means relative humidity. It's a helpful measurement to know, especially when asking for help, or trying to locate the source of a problem.
Same for PH. It's extremely important. You can pick up a hygrometer/thermometer combo for a few dollars. Digital PH meters are the best, and most accurate. But if the $20 cost is out of range, a cheaper Analog meter can help.

This will help you make sure you're taking all the steps to upload photos and add them to your post: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

The soil looks like it holds a lot of water for a very long time. Were there any pre-existing drainage holes in the pot?
The addition of perlite will drastically improve the drainage of soil.

I don't think you need to flush. I would maintain a steady PH, and watch the leaves to see if the problems continue to advance, or if they stop.

There is a chance that you might need to start feeding nutrients.

For your CFL: How many bulbs? Is 100w the actual wattage used, or is it the equivalent number?
How often are you watering?
RH means relative humidity. It's a helpful measurement to know, especially when asking for help, or trying to locate the source of a problem.
Same for PH. It's extremely important. You can pick up a hygrometer/thermometer combo for a few dollars. Digital PH meters are the best, and most accurate. But if the $20 cost is out of range, a cheaper Analog meter can help.

This will help you make sure you're taking all the steps to upload photos and add them to your post: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

The soil looks like it holds a lot of water for a very long time. Were there any pre-existing drainage holes in the pot?
The addition of perlite will drastically improve the drainage of soil.

I don't think you need to flush. I would maintain a steady PH, and watch the leaves to see if the problems continue to advance, or if they stop.

There is a chance that you might need to start feeding nutrients.

The box for the cfl lights just said 100w so I am not 100% sure to be honest, But I am using two on one plant and one on the other, I was using a floodlight and A CFL on my other one but someone mentioned its a waste of energy and could potentially burn my bbg. So I removed it and will be purchasing some more cfl's. The PH now stays around 6.5-7 I think, but I do know its low enough for my babies. I would say its pretty humid in my room, but I will purchase one of those rh meters , just so I will know for sure.

AND! I think I'm going to need some people to watch to see if they're females, I know where to look and stuff but my eyesight is very poor so It'll be harder for me to see, I'm still trying to figure out why I cannot upload pics, but Once I do figure it out, I will upload em!

image14384.jpg
image14383.jpg
image14382.jpg
image14380.jpg
image14379.jpg
image14378.jpg
image14378.jpg
image14331.jpg

Here are the most recent photos of my babies... I wouldve uploaded more but I do not have the patience to upload them one by one off my iphone lol, And I still didnt figure out how to rotate them yet.

So yeah, I've added holes to the bottoms of the flower pots so water can drain through.. so now there are bowls under them. I've removed the floodlight and the plant is up higher now so its like three inches under the light..... Any more suggestions?

I didn't drain the soil through, I'm just gunna water them when needed with the Ph balanced water... I have three clones in total, although the two that are in the photo are 8 days old and Im pretty sure one of them has already rooted,... the bottom leaves are starting to fade to a lime green/ yellow, and Im pretty sure she grow a few points of a centimeter since yesterday, so Ill give her until day 12 to take the dome off for 10 minutes to see if any wilting has occured... if not she will be on her way to getting transplanted in a bigger pot and she will be staying in the Veg closet until she is due to be flowered :) The other one is still green and looking healthy but I havent noticed if it grew or not, the ends of the leaves are starting to turn yellowish lime greenish, and its not the burn type of yellowish, its the type where the plant if using up all the energy for roots. Im excited! HOPEFULLY she's gunna be a she lol, cross my fingers :)

Sounds good!!!: once transplanted can stake but many perfer to transplant with 1 inch from soil to first set of leaves this makes for a deeper root ball and help with the early growing strecth. Make this your last transplant - use your final pots this also helps stress, -- takes about 1-2 weeks to re-cupe for transplanting

I've also taken another clone; I bought some rooting propoganda (I think thats how you spell it) gel from Canadian Tire , is that basically like a rooting horomone? I dip the bottom of the cutting with it, and put it in a cup filled with water with a plastic bag over it and put the cutting through a small hole in the plastic, then I put the top of a 2 liter pop bottle with the cover on it over the cup as a dome... does that sound allright?

image14385.jpg

This is my current set up!

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING.... I was looking at my floodlight, and realized its not a floodlight after all! It looks like a floodlight but the bulb inside of it is a CFL! So I think Imma keep it! There is no heat coming from it at all, well, a little, only the heat that cfls produce, the reallly light warm , not the heat a floodlight would produce

A lot of people do that -what works for you
and you are right a root stimulator (great white, ect) is a necessity For all types of germination methods look at Mandalla Seeds - germination methods discusses Remember: next time take cutting 1/2 hr after watering plant

The 100w rating is most likely the incandescent equivalent, so I'm guessing they're about 23w each.

Try moving your lights closer, 1-2" 2.5-5cm away, I would also suggest adding more lights. 4 per plant in Veg, 6 per plant in Flower. Without more light, your yield will be decreased. The distance from the lights is causing the stretched appearance in the stem, and is also why they're leaning into the light.
If possible, an overhead light rack will help a lot. They're pretty easy to build using random household materials. You can also make the most of your light fixtures by buying socket splitters, which turn a single socket into a double light socket. They're quite cheap too.

Floodlights can also be CFL, but the housing/lens may, or may not limit light that gets to your plants. If anything, the housing/lens focus the light out of just the end.

The 100w rating is most likely the incandescent equivalent, so I'm guessing they're about 23w each.

Try moving your lights closer, 1-2" 2.5-5cm away, I would also suggest adding more lights. 4 per plant in Veg, 6 per plant in Flower. Without more light, your yield will be decreased. The distance from the lights is causing the stretched appearance in the stem, and is also why they're leaning into the light.
If possible, an overhead light rack will help a lot. They're pretty easy to build using random household materials. You can also make the most of your light fixtures by buying socket splitters, which turn a single socket into a double light socket. They're quite cheap too.

Floodlights can also be CFL, but the housing/lens may, or may not limit light that gets to your plants. If anything, the housing/lens focus the light out of just the end.

Can I just buy all that stuff at places like homehardware, or canadian tire or walmart?

So the more light = more yield?

And how long can I keep my *girls* In veg? I wanna keep them in it as long as I can so they can grow more,

Hi kaylablazeit mate dont mean to sound rude or anything but i would throw those lights out and get real grow lights your not doing your self any favours using those what look like common house lights .

p.s look at other peoples grows on here do some reading you will soon relise your wasting your time with those lights.

They're cfl lights, except the floodlight, but that has a cfl in it, I will be getting more lamps at the end of this week, they've got clips on them so I can put them closer to my bbg's , I heard that cfl's are alright for Veg

This is my first grow ever, I just wanna see if I can do it, without them dying. Its been almost three months and they're doing alright. Once I order seeds from online, then I will invest in some grow lights... Id like to think of this first grow as an experiment I guess, then hopefully when *she* is all grown and flowered, she will have some decent smoke :) but im not gunna 100% disappointed if shes doesnt have decent smoke, because At least I was able to take care of a plant for the first time with out it dying :)

Back
Top Bottom