First Time Grow - LED - Advice Welcome!

100_11576.JPG
100_11566.JPG
100_11557.JPG
100_11548.JPG
sp today is day 27 in 3 days will be one month from seed, so how many more weeks should i veg for, brfore going to 12/12?

sp today is day 27 in 3 days will be one month from seed, so how many more weeks should i veg for, brfore going to 12/12?

A lot depends on the size of your space. Between the time that you flip to 12/12 and harvest the plant will roughly triple in size - not just taller, but fatter around the middle, too. You don't want to get too close to the light.

You've just gotta gut it out and decide when to flip based on how much space and light coverage you have. If you think about the plant being three times as big as it is now, it will be really small like the difference in size between a one-year old human and a two year-old human. Think about the size of the plant in three dimensions and use the triple size formula to decide when to flip.

huh? i dont get it, i will upload some pics, and then KJC or PeeJay, or SOLO anybody tell me what the lick is with this, i feel like im getting overwelmed with all these instructions.

How big do you want the plant to get? Think about it this way. Cannabis will continue to grow on a 18/6 light schedule for years without making buds. When you switch to 12/12 you sign the plant's death warrant. It will start to flower, either male or female. It will grow through a growth spurt for a few weeks and then the plant will stop getting bigger. The buds will get bigger and fatter, but the plant won't.

When the buds get nice and ripe, you harvest them. If you don't harvest the plant, the buds will lose potency. Eventually the plant will die.

In a closet space, like you have, the size of the closet limits how big the plant can get. If you wait too long, the plant will get too big for the space. If you flip too soon, you'll end up with a small harvest because the plant will only triple in size after you flip to 12/12.

Look at the plant and imagine what it would look like in the closet if it was three times bigger than it is. Right now, that plant would still be quite small if it was 3x bigger. You can flip today if you want. Heck you can grow a plant on a 12/12 light schedule right from seed and get some bud. You just won't get as much bud as if you let the plant veg longer.

100_11666.JPG
100_11658.JPG
100_11648.JPG
100_11615.JPG
100_11607.JPG
ok today is day 29 almost week 4 and i wanted to know, how much more should i veg for? should i rise my light up some more? is my grow space good enough? should i top? i just dont know i though this would be easier than it seems, i find my self getting confused and overwhelmed.....and last can you tell if this is a female or male?.......any tips will help

ok so here are some pictures of my girl, and my closet space, at week 4 into veg, i was thinking of waiting until week 6 to flip to 12/12. i think i have enough room in my closet for the spurt. im just nervous that it might be a male,(i dont want that) and i fear that im not giving it enough nutes, after 1 week of feeding im not seeing any difference in size or node production, so, what do you think?

Your plant looks nice and healthy! It will grow faster and faster. You should have the light about 16" above the top of the plant. Some people say lower, others say higher, but 16" should be good. If the light was too far above the plant it would be growing taller and floppier. The way it is now, you have a nice compact plant. That's a good thing. It is doing really well where the light is.

If you were not feeding it enough, the lower leaves would be turning yellow. They all look nice and green. Stick with slowly increasing the amount of nutrients each feeding. A sure way to screw up the plant is to give it too much fertilizer. Once you have too much in the soil, it is hard to get it out.

Two more weeks of veg should be just about right. In two weeks you might look at it and decide to let it veg another week. You'll know in two weeks!

There is no way to tell if it's a male or female until after you switch to a 12/12 light schedule and it starts to flower. In general male plants tend to grow taller and have more space between nodes. The nice compact growth you have going on is a good sign. It doesn't mean the plant is female, but it is a good sign.

Don't be nervous. You're doing great. If you think about it, it's easy. Don't overwater. Don't dump a ton of fertilizer into it. Don't let it get too hot or too cold. It's as simple as that.

thanx bro, i really thought i was getting to far over my head with this, but i think i got it. so im gonna water with nutes today i have been mixing half a teaspoon with 3 cups of water and im using about a cup and a half in the plant and dumping the rest, is that ok, or should i put more water in it before i dump it? i think im going to go ahead and use 3 cups with 3/4 teaspoon and pour about 2 cups in the plant, i think i would want advice before doing that tho. so let me know if that is smart to do or bad? oh yea is my closet space good enough for what im doing or should i make some more room?

I need to know some details to give you better advice. what brand fertilizer nutrients are you using and how much? how much do they say to mix with 1 gallon of water? what size is your grow area? how tall is your plant now?

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

k my plant is about 5.5 in tall, the brand of my plant food is EXPERT GARDNER PLANT FOOD, they say to mix 1 teaspoon into 1 gallon of water,4ft x 3ft. roughly, and i also have Green Light Super Bloom for flowering and they say to dissolve 2 teasppon into 1 gallon of water

so its day 16, and all is well, the plants seems to have made a good recovery, so monday im going to start with the water and plant food, now it has options for outdoor plant and indoor plant, what do i go with? cause im am mimicking the outdoor weather, im guessing to use indoor, with it says to mix 1 tablespoon in 1 gallon of water, now how much do i feed the the plant

k my plant is about 5.5 in tall, the brand of my plant food is EXPERT GARDNER PLANT FOOD, they say to mix 1 teaspoon into 1 gallon of water,4ft x 3ft. roughly, and i also have Green Light Super Bloom for flowering and they say to dissolve 2 teasppon into 1 gallon of water

Conflicting information... Is it one tablespoon per gallon or one teasoon. I think I found what you're using. Is it Schultz water soluble? If so the website says 1teasoon per gallon for indoor potted plants, and one tablespoon per gallon for outdoor potted plants and gardens...

ok so i feed today, i just filled up a big cup with water and mixed 3/4 of a teaspoon and i will see what happens in the next few days. i hope i didnt fuck this up, i am going to wait until the 23rd and then switch to 12/12 and start flowering. that will be 8 weeks of veg, and im going to hope i can get done around 8 to 10 weeks of flowering maybe sooner if i can help it

so i have feeding and watering and so far so good, im very proud of my self for doing this and i want to thank everyone for your input and advice...........One Love

Ok big problem here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My a/c took a shit so its been around 90 degrees in my closet, my leaves are turning brown and curling, so i put it outside for the temperature to be lower and to start the 12/12 cycle, did i fuck it up? What should i do? Is my plant going to die? Fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone please help me!!!!!!!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom