First time grow. Looking for help!

BeMaxified

Hey guys!! I decided to grow some plants from seeds I got from a friend.Will be starting the journal from today.Anyway... I'm having a few issues with the seedlings! I germinated 6 of them on 10th May using a paper towel and buried them in a coco,perlite and vermiculite mix on May 12. By 14th All of them had popped out.The leaves on 2 plants turned yellow at the tips.So thinking that it was a nutrient deficiency I Transplanted them on 21st May from a 2 1/2" coir pot to a 4" diametre pot which is also 4" in height filled with Soil and Coco Mix with some sprinkling of Organic Manure. After the transplantation the plants seem to be growing faster but one of the plant curled down and is dead I think. Not sure why. And the other 3 plants still have a yellow tip. One of them is perfectly fine and it was the one which popped out of the coco first.

They're 11-12 days old. Is this growth good or bad?

IMAG018828.jpg

IMAG019023.jpg
IMAG018927.jpg

- Plants with yellow tips

IMAG019220.jpg

- The plant that is dead?

IMAG019126.jpg

-The One that's perfectly fine!! :D

IMAG019318.jpg

- This is my setup

Strain - Unknown
# of Plants - 4 Surviving + 1 Dead
Grow Type - Soil + Coco Mix
Grow Stage - Seedling
Light - 2 x 27 Watt CFL
Nutrients - None so far
Medium - Regular Soil 50% + 50% Coco mixed with perlite and vermiculite + Organic Manure
PH - Unknown (Dont have a PH metering device)
Humidity - around 60%
Room Temperature - 29-31 C
Grow Box has 2 Fans for air circulation. 1 pulling out and 1 pushing in.
Pests - None Known

Please help me figure out what the problem is.

Re: First time grow. Looking for help!!

Thanks for the quick reply guys!! :D I had a few more questions!!

1. Will those leaves recover?
2.My lights are 27 Watt CFL giving me around 58 lumen per watt.Are my lights sufficient for now? If yes...when do i need more? If no..how much do i need? My grow box is approx. 1.5 ft x 1.5ft x 4ft.

The leaves won't recover, but I would leave them on the plant. They'll take the rest of the damage before it spreads to other leaves. This will keep your plant looking nicer, with fewer damaged leaves, and will keep more healthy leaves for photosynthesis.

Those are decent lights, but you'll want them 3-6" from the plants at all times. As the plants get bigger, you're going to need more lights.

For a really good grow, honestly, I would suggest at least 12 more bulbs for the 4 remaining plants.

Usually people figure wattage two ways, they either look for 30-50 watts per square foot, or 100 watts per plant in Veg and 150 watts per plant in Flower.

I would also suggest reading up on LST here (among tons of other useful topics): How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

CFLs will be best used on a plant with a flat canopy. If you let them grow tall, it's going to be a pain getting light to all of the bud sites.

Thanks Antics!! :D The plants are growing well and looking great.. All of them are developing their 4th node. :D Is this a good time to top?
Also when is a good time to mainline the plants?

You can top any time you want, providing they're not stressed currently.

'mainline' (This term isn't commonly used here, as its definition is to inject drugs intravenously, and we want a nice crowbar separation between Cannabis and that shit, 'manifold' is another term sometimes used or fluxing, is a different animal entirely, and I'll just refer you to the topic written by the king of fluxing: Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

Back
Top Bottom