First Time Grow: Need Help Identifying Problem

throwAwayNoob

420 Member
As it is my first time growing i dont really know what im doing ...
One problem might be that the pot is too big and i kind of overwatered(watered the whole pot wich is kinda big for the tiny plant) in the beginning so i though i had root rot. However after google research i found out that its almost impossible to get root rot in coco/perlite. I dug a little ant the roots are white, so i guess no root rot, at least not on the top.
Im currently in week 3-4 and im using biobizz nutrients and calmag. I use 1ml calmag/L and 1ml bio-grow/L and 0.5ml/L of bio-bloom and top-max ( half the recommenden dose of the vendor).
I watered yesterday, but just a little, no longer the whole pot... hoped it would get better but it went downhill fast ... maybe the plant needs more time to recover ? Im not sure if its too much or too less nutrients.
Ill add 3 Images ... 51 is from one week ago, 55 is from yesterday and 59 is from today ...
Any help appreciated ... THX

Attachments

• DSC_0051 - Kopie.JPG
    DSC_0051 - Kopie.JPG
    927.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0055 - Kopie.JPG
    DSC_0055 - Kopie.JPG
    808 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0059 - Kopie.JPG
    DSC_0059 - Kopie.JPG
    890.5 KB · Views: 72
Organic soil is very forgiving for ph, but with straight coco/perlite you have to be a bit more exact.
okay ... i was reading everywhere that 5.5-6.5 was okay for coco/perlite... so your sure that this little difference of 0.4 fucks my plants up so hard ? because what i was reading is that they wouldnt just grow as fast ... but yet again this is my first grow and i dont really have any experience.
also ordered a ph-meter.
thx anyways

okay ... i was reading everywhere that 5.5-6.5 was okay for coco/perlite... so your sure that this little difference of 0.4 fucks my plants up so hard ? because what i was reading is that they wouldnt just grow as fast ... but yet again this is my first grow and i dont really have any experience.
also ordered a ph-meter.
thx anyways
You have to treat coco like hydro, you can go as low as 5.6 but I prefer 5.8, but if you go above 6.2 then your plant can no longer pick up the nutrients. So yes a 0.4 move in the wrong direction can mess your plants up.

If you go to the "growers forums " section in the menu, there's a coco growers thread in there, got loads of good info for you to have a nose at.

Back
Top Bottom