GANJA SQUAD

Hello everyone so i am currently underway with my first grow. I have 3 420 white widow fem seeds in miracle grow organic soil. The seeds have popped out of the soil and are now on their second day above ground. I have a few questions as to the curvature of the leaves and am a little worried about one that seems to only be growing a single true leaf after the cotyledons (yellow cup) . If anyone has some advice or tips they would be greatly appreciated.
4x 23watt 6500k(daylight spectrum cfls)
slight overwatering on first day so i am letting solid dry out and have put a small fan to blow air across the soil to help speed up the process.
Photo_on_10-9-14_at_2_45_PM.jpg
Photo_on_10-9-14_at_2_46_PM.jpg

Everything looks fine with them man, dont sweat the small stuff. If I was at home right now I would show you a picture of my seedling, it has some abnormalities in its growth regarding leaf structure. They dont always come out completely symetrical every time. As for the soil you chose to grow in, I would never recommend growing in Miracle-Grow soil. You made the right choice regarding the organic soil but unfortenatly Miracle Grow soil contains time release nutrients within the medium. This means if you over fertalize a certain value say N (Nitrogen), when you go to flush the soil with plain water it will still be releasing Nitrogen to your plants meaning you can never really truly FLUSH the soi to correct itself. You still may be able to correct a deficeincy or abundance, but it will take much longer.
Keep up the good work though, I say wait it out and see how the do after the 1st and second node.
:peace:

thanks for the reply i know i am probably just the paranoid newbie grower haha. as far as the one with only one true leaf coming in is that something to be worried about? also i know miracle grow is a no go but i got my seeds and was on a tight budget and was way to anxious to start cultivating! XD i plan on going to hempy pots with the vermiculite perlite mix and nutrients.

Just keep an eye on your seedling, but don't worry about it. It may be that it only comes out with a leaf set on the one side, at the next internode you will see a normal leaf set. As for the soil, just moitor your girls, watch for colour fluctation and what not, less is always more when it comes to Cannabis and nutes.

Back
Top Bottom