First Time Grow! Need Some Assurance It's Fine!

mali1992

Hi there first time posting here and my first grow. currently day 56 froom planting germinated seed of NYC Diesel. At the start of the budding cycle i did end up what i diagnosed as excessive Phosphorus and i had ywlloeing leaves bottom of plant and brown marks of some leaves at the top, however u flushed abd corrected at that time, this time its the final 10 days as stated online its a 60-65 day strain, but now i have yellowing leaves at bottom middle and light green at the top. I do think its the age however the yellowing is kind of confusing me as my previous runoff showed 40 uS/cm (4.0 EC) i was worried regarding lockout if too many nutrients/salts, but as its almost harvest time im not so sure. Could anyone kindly help?

What Strain is it? NYC Diesel Auto (Advanced Seeds)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid 60% Indica 40% Sativa
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? Day 56 from planting germinated seed.
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Coco 60/40
Temperature? 24-32 C 45-60% humidity
What type of Setup? Bedroom Corner
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 600w HPS
Is it Air Cooled? Yes, drawing in fresh ait from window (Large Fan)
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 24-32 degrees Celsius
RH of Room/Cabinet? 45-60%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5.8-6.2
Any Pests? No.
How Often are you Watering? Daily 1.75 Litres.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Ferro Growth Nutrients, Dutch Pro Take Root, uptil Veg. Plagron Terra Bloom, Plagron Green Sensation, Epsom Salt. (Once 1/4 teaspoon /1.75 litres, mid flower) for flowering.
Size or Square Footage of Room? 0.8m x 0.8m x 1.8m
Thanks in advance!
Capture437.PNG
Capture1103.PNG

Pics?
That EC is crazy high.
At this point I wouldn't worry much about yellowing or deficiencies though- just feed very low bloom nutes (about 0.1- 0.2 EC of high PK bloom booster) through to harvest- or water only for the last week if you prefer, and get rid of that excess nutrient.

since 3 days ago i saw EC 4.0 but been giving 5.8ph tap water, my tap water is hard, 0.7EC. This should be the last week, day 56 out of 65. 1 other thing i realised is the Plagrom terra bloom nutes are for soil, i am using coco however have been giving half dosage comes up to around 1.8-2.0 EC. Another thing i realised 3 days ago it showed me 3.8EC i then chose to give it water only, the following day run off was 4.0, have not checked since but only been giving water. Could this be the issue?

Thank you for your reply, do i feed bloom nutes with high EC and this late?
Pics?
That EC is crazy high.
At this point I wouldn't worry much about yellowing or deficiencies though- just feed very low bloom nutes (about 0.1- 0.2 EC of high PK bloom booster) through to harvest- or water only for the last week if you prefer, and get rid of that excess nutrient.

I think your plant looks great. Just the way they should look when getting close to harvest. I would just stick to a very very light feed- or water from now on. You may want to leave them a bit more than another week. See how it looks in a week I suppose.

Thank you for your reply, do i feed bloom nutes with high EC and this late?
No- very low EC, as I described. Or water only depending how much nutrient (green) seems to be left in the leaves. The bud seems happier at harvest when the plant gets the chance to burn through the nutrients contained in the foliage.

No- very low EC, as I described. Or water only depending how much nutrient (green) seems to be left in the leaves. The bud seems happier at harvest when the plant gets the chance to burn through the nutrients contained in the foliage.

I understand thank you for your help, last but not least would you feed nutrients every water from veg to harvest? i have been on veg had some issues of yellowing but corrected it, now on my second plant as you can see Amnesia Haze (royal queen seeds) and its nice and green because i have given it nutrient, water, nutrient, water. However the NYC Diesel i have been giving daily until 4 days ago since the start of veg, what would you say is the correct procedure?

Im not sure what medium you're in. It says coco 60/40 (?).
In pure coco and other similar mediums like perlite and rockwool, generally people feed every time they water, and the medium should never dry out.
The light feed through to harvest thing is something that I started doing about a year ago. I used to flush. Now I never flush- I find it easier and better to just let them clean up the remaining nutes on their own.
A lot of people would recommend flushing - which is a way of cleaning out the growing medium so the plant can focus on draining excess nutes from its foliage. I don't find it necessary. But I try to avoid over feeding, while some people run their plants at the maximum feed levels throughout, and in those cases flushing might be a good thing.
If I have a plant that is getting close to harvest and it has quite a lot of life left in its leaves I will just go with water only and let it feed off itself.
If the leaves are getting close to used up but the bud seems like it could develop a tiny bit more, I'll keep it on very low level nutes just to give it some feed to finish with.
Yours could go either way. I'd probably keep it on a tiny amount of food -if it's in coco. If it's in a soil mix them probably not, since that would tend to retain the nutrient more.

Im not sure what medium you're in. It says coco 60/40 (?).
In pure coco and other similar mediums like perlite and rockwool, generally people feed every time they water, and the medium should never dry out.
The light feed through to harvest thing is something that I started doing about a year ago. I used to flush. Now I never flush- I find it easier and better to just let them clean up the remaining nutes on their own.
A lot of people would recommend flushing - which is a way of cleaning out the growing medium so the plant can focus on draining excess nutes from its foliage. I don't find it necessary. But I try to avoid over feeding, while some people run their plants at the maximum feed levels throughout, and in those cases flushing might be a good thing.
If I have a plant that is getting close to harvest and it has quite a lot of life left in its leaves I will just go with water only and let it feed off itself.
If the leaves are getting close to used up but the bud seems like it could develop a tiny bit more, I'll keep it on very low level nutes just to give it some feed to finish with.
Yours could go either way. I'd probably keep it on a tiny amount of food -if it's in coco. If it's in a soil mix them probably not, since that would tend to retain the nutrient more.

Thank you for all the help and informtaion! really! and im in 60% coco 40% Hydrocorn (clay pebbles), i will water as i think the bloom nutrient im using is potent its made specifically for soil grows, and i think water just dilutes and provides enough i will check ec levels beforehand to make sure there are enough if not ill give it a light feed. Thanks alot! my first post here and great help indeed! Just all the worry off my first grow, learnt quite alot! alot more to go!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom