First time grow - Opinion needed

arpowre3

Hi guys.

First post, long time lurker.

I have these 4 autos that are about 5 weeks old. Grown in 5 gallon pots, FFOF/Happy Frog, lime, worm castings. Fert with super bat guano tea, mykos wp, asoz, espoma liquid bloom and grow.

How are they looking at this point?

Grown in 4x4 yet under 315 LEC, and 4 CFL. Any advise would help! I ponytailed, and continue to tuck large leaves.
7ab7b26a64ac83b26b7d82ad75d211d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420

Re: First time grow.. opinion needed

Is this back plant not budding? It doesn't have flowers like the others.
ed426f98bfcba5dd14cede025998dfd3.jpg

There's a few things that I'm seeing that could be helped along, but I don't want to sound overly critical or anything, so I'll just start with one and the biggest one..

Too much water. That might be because your container size is very large in proportion of the plant, and/or it might be because you're watering too frequently. They really need a chance to dry out. They're not a bad size for their age but they will grow into that big pot a lot better if you force their roots to have to seek out water. Are you drenching the pots until run off? Try giving them about half the water you normally would, try to accelerate the soil drying out and keep most of the moisture at the bottom which will make the plant drive roots down there and outward, which will stimulate the vegetative growth.

I'm not sure what ponytailing is? They seem okay as far as light needs go, and maybe a little bit too much nitrogen but it's really hard to diagnose that kind of problem without first addressing water issues.

No I really appreciate the input! I need critical feedback. I won't be happy with small crappy yields.

Yes I was totally doing full root drench watering every single time. Probably at least every 3 days. So that's the first thing, stop watering for a while and let total container dry up.

Ponytailing is a technique I saw where you gather all the top growth upper canopy and lightly wrap with a pipe cleaner to expose the under growth to light.

Also can someone take a look at that second picture I posted? I question if that plant is budding or not. I think it was a dud autoflower

Is the other one a different strain? Some of them will start and finish flower later than the others, especially with autoflowers. Just give it time, it could also be a little stunted as it looks the most stressed out.

Over-watering is easy to do and is a pretty widely covered subject around here. The long and short of it is that the plant won't grow a big root structure if the soil stays very moist with easy access to water, and without a big root structure it's not going to grow a lot of vegetative growth above ground, which in the end means it won't produce much flowers. So you have to let them dry out a lot to encourage that root development if you want the biggest yield. Don't be afraid to let them wilt a little bit, they're very resilient plants and they will bounce back from a little bit of leaf droop.

Thanks a lot Fert!

Yeah there is 3 different strains out of the 4. So based on their size and age when I water next after a complete dry out, should I water like 1L, 2L?

When I water I don't go on fixed amounts, well when mixing nutes I obviously do then lol but once it's all mixed up il just pour it free flow and not measure it out as every plant is different and has different needs. I usually go for about a 20% run off. Yeah fert said it with the over watering, they are a hardy plant so don't worry to much :) One thing to note though mate when I or others say over watered that term is widely used to describe lack of oxygen at the roots. So even if your not pushing too much water through them the symptoms can still show if you have poor drainage or heavy soil that's not getting oxygen. Just a Lil tip that helped me alot :) also looks like a little bit of nutrient burn, you can see this on the end of the leaf tips that have yellowed. I will tell you what a great old grower told me. It doesn't matter how much you harvest on your 1st 2nd or 3rd attempt as the most important and valuable thing you will take away is the knowledge that you have learnt. Don't worry about the end result too much as it's your first grow dude, try and learn everything you can. Hope this helps somewhat :)
Peace Love and Respect.
Triggz.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for that great heartfelt advice triggz! I really appreciate it! This forum is awesome!

Also can someone take a look at that second picture I posted? I question if that plant is budding or not. I think it was a dud autoflower

Im on my 16th auto grow..ive noticed half the autos start alot later at flowering, so what do i do? I let her veg until i see the sex come out then switch her to 12/12 for a couple days then back over to 20/4 light cycle. Sometimes you just need to manually induce the light cycle. Cause some autos have that regular photoperiod trait dominating the autoflower genetics. Its normal. Looks healthy to me too i should say. Keep it up. I water from the bottom and let the soil soak it all up. So my roots can actually do some work and not be a lazy woman lol

Sent from Deez Nutz

Back
Top Bottom