First Time Grow: Pics & Questions

kushcobain

First attempt at cultivating some erb. A friend of mine, who has grown before, supplied me with a plant. He's been out of touch for a couple days so my questions have went unanswered. Now I'm here.

I believe him saying the plant was around 4-5 weeks, but I have no clue. Maybe you can tell from the pictures.

First day he gives it to me, I transplant it to a bigger pot, and hours later the dog knocks it over. Bruised a few leaves and uprooted it, but I assume the plant didnt suffer too much damage. Here is the plant after the dog fvcked with it

and after the replant

I'm more concerned about the drooping leaves, yellowing, and wilting of some of the bottom leaves. Some leaves look healthy, like this one

While others look pretty sick/dying

Not really sure whats the problem, or any of the solutions. I'm trying to figure out where to go from here, and some common pitfalls. I'm scouring the board for information, but would like a bit more case specific help.

Re: First Time Grow: Pics & Questions.

Hi there. It doesnt look 4-5 weeks old to me. What lighting has it been under? What are u feeding it? it looks to me like it is over fed and over watered. What ph is ur nutrient, what is ur medium? soil, coco? it looks pretty sick to me but i certain a few minor adjustments will sort the prob out. U need a quality ph meter and preferably a meter to measure ppm/ec/cf (same thing just depends if u american or european, its like inches and cm, well kind of).

Re: First Time Grow: Pics & Questions.

Hi there. It doesnt look 4-5 weeks old to me. What lighting has it been under? What are u feeding it? it looks to me like it is over fed and over watered. What ph is ur nutrient, what is ur medium? soil, coco? it looks pretty sick to me but i certain a few minor adjustments will sort the prob out. U need a quality ph meter and preferably a meter to measure ppm/ec/cf (same thing just depends if u american or european, its like inches and cm, well kind of).

The past 48 hours it was outside. Looking worse by the hour outside. So I just decided to bring it in. Set it up under a 60 Watt CFL, approximately 8 inches above the top of the plant. Someone mentioned a small fan, so I set that up as well, gently blowing on the plant. Thats it as far as a set-up. Not sure what else is needed.

As far as feeding, it rained the past two days so the soil is moist. Its drying up now that it has been inside. I dont have any nutrients, and I'm not 100% sure which soil was purchased, my friend handled that. I'm going to try and get in contact with him again today and get more specifics about the plant. I'm sure that would help in identifying the problem. Things like pH, medium, coco, I have no working knowledge of. Tis all a learning process as of now.

im having the same issue, my plants were growing like mad, and gypsy millers didnt help, but same discoloring and such, and i panicked, the guy said something about turn the lights out for 24 hours before or after i repot it, so i tossed some real dirt in there and watered it good, and ill call the guy tomorrow maybe lol, my friend should be by this weekend, he knows plants, i think it just used all the nutrients from the seedling dirt, but i will try to tel you what he says, im sure he will say that 24 hours thing is nuts , but hes the expert ill ask him to have a look

Its over. Shes a goner. Saw a major decline in health on a daily basis. Couldnt stop it. Im sad. All the leaves arent browned yet, but shes wilting away.

The soil was probably way out on ph and too strong on nutes. if it was under fed u could give a feed and it would have picked itself up. In future either grow in coco coir which to a beginner is simple as growing in dirt but with the benefit of u know what is in and what is not in. plus it is harder to over water than soil (although still possible) and easier to flush if to much feed given, both of which new growers tend to do. If u have another pop at it remember less is more as a basic guide. Good light source and correct cycle for stage of growth, plenty air circulation, and a basic 1part grow feed for veg and a basic 1part bloom feed for flower with a basic boost. That is enough for a basic starter grow then learn from there. Dont buy loads expensive gear and feeds until u understand what u are doing and what u want to achieve. Sorry about ur loss but good luck in the future. peace...............;)

im having this issue, my plants were beautiful then they got some kind of brown curling thing, and leave are falling off at an alarming rate, it looked like a nitrogen overdose, but ...

Back
Top Bottom