First time grow, please help! advice welcomed Royal creamatic

Johnsnow

Hi all!
We are attempting to grow our first plant, its the royal creamatic strain and we have a few seeds but wanted to start with one at a time. Our space is very limited and we were trying to figure out the best space/cost efficient way to grow one. We did alot of research and still couldnt come up with a definant setup so we figured what better place to get answers then from our fellow botanists Anyway we have a few things we were thinking of getting heres they are, feel free to scrutinize them or tell us we're stupid were just here to learn and hopefully make a beautiful baby out of our knowledge.

Housing - Grow Lights Canada. Canada's #1 source for Grow Lights / HID / LED / CFL / Induction / CMH Lights and Hydroponic Equipment
(would two plants fit in here or just one?)

light - https://www.greners.com/i/grow-lights...row-light.html
Grow Lights Canada. Canada's #1 source for Grow Lights / HID / LED / CFL / Induction / CMH Lights and Hydroponic Equipment

ducting - Grow Lights Canada. Canada's #1 source for Grow Lights / HID / LED / CFL / Induction / CMH Lights and Hydroponic Equipment
6 inch carbon scrubber (lost link)

Soil - weve got this pretty down but any suggestions?

accessories? - anything more advanced then thermometer and light timer? also what about cooling?

welcome to 420 magazine.
please take down those links. we are very particular about which companies and web sites we link to.
plus they appear to be broken links anyway.

take a look through our sponsor section to find similar products to link or alternatively save an image of the product and upload it to here with the product name.

just giving you an early warning before the moderators notice and edit your page.

i appologise for the inconvenience, the strict rules we have to follow on this forum are what makes us stand out from the crowd, the level of accuracy of answers and civility of peers is generally unmatched by similar forums, well in my opinion anyway ;)

looks like a very nice plant and im sure we will by happy to assist your needs as soon as you make those minor edits =)

havent used the threads much obviously so how do I edit my post? Thank you for the heads up by the way we are obviously still learning the ins and outs of the site

no worries my friend, think you may have left it a little too long and the edit button expires ;)
admins will probably clean it up =)

as i cant see the items you linked ill just wing it =)

for royal creamtic you probably need an area of about 7' tall to be safe, this includes a ft for the pot a ft for distance between plant and bulb and another ft for the bulb leaving only 4' for the plant which grows about 3.5 ft tall assuming no stretch. and at least a 2' square footprint per plant. i highly reccomend a tent that can do 4 of them at once to maximise energy/yield so maybe 5'x5'x7'

i reccomend CFL's 6500k to veg (i believe that veg lights should be used even on an auto until preflowers). and then flowered using a 600 or 1000w HPS, alternatively just a get 600/1000 dual spectrum hps for the entire grow on about 18 hours of lighting

and i highly reccomend buying the strongest cooltube, cabon filter and extrator you can. i spent more money upgrading in the long run because i bought cheap and small and its always inadequate.

a strong enough extractor/ cooltube will deal with your heat hopefully =)

no worries my friend, think you may have left it a little too long and the edit button expires ;)
admins will probably clean it up =)

as i cant see the items you linked ill just wing it =)

for royal creamtic you probably need an area of about 7' tall to be safe, this includes a ft for the pot a ft for distance between plant and bulb and another ft for the bulb leaving only 4' for the plant which grows about 3.5 ft tall assuming no stretch. and at least a 2' square footprint per plant. i highly reccomend a tent that can do 4 of them at once to maximise energy/yield so maybe 5'x5'x7'

i reccomend CFL's 6500k to veg (i believe that veg lights should be used even on an auto until preflowers). and then flowered using a 600 or 1000w HPS, alternatively just a get 600/1000 dual spectrum hps for the entire grow on about 18 hours of lighting

and i highly reccomend buying the strongest cooltube, cabon filter and extrator you can. i spent more money upgrading in the long run because i bought cheap and small and its always inadequate.

a strong enough extractor/ cooltube will deal with your heat hopefully =)

thank you very much for the advice the only thing is we were thinking of a smaller operation at first since it was our first try and we dont have that much room to work with. we were thinking of one or two plants in a 36'20'60 inch tent and we were wondering what things we would need in a tent that size with only 1 or 2 plants. I would love the setup you described but as of now we lack the necessary space which is quite disappointing.

im the master of ghetto, but probably not the most qualified to talk about pre purchased packages.
that being said, i strongly reccomend you take the DIY route and build your own grow room out of timbers, a few small sheets of board (for attaching plugs and timers e.t.c) and either mylar or visquine plastic as the outer shell, you will save yourself significantly on your initial outlay.

i have done a grow with cfl lights in a 4 man dome tent with white spray paint on the walls.

all it requires is good planning. if your willing to stick around and have a little patience with us, i reccomend you make a grow journal for yourself and us.

take a few pics of the area you want to place your grow tent, we can discuss lighting options, humidity, air venting and smell e.t.c

unless there is some dire crisis, its wise to take your time and walk through it with us =)

That sounds like the perfect plan to me. Im going to have two separate grow areas so I will be able to upload info and pics within the next couple of days most likely. One is the closet size and the other is a medium sized crawl space area that is perfect for growing. Ill get dimensions and everything together and will post it on this thread. Also, I definitely plan on putting a grow journal on here I love the environment this site has for that stuff, with all the help and encouragement throughout the grow it could only help us as first time growers.

thank you very much for the advice the only thing is we were thinking of a smaller operation at first since it was our first try and we dont have that much room to work with. we were thinking of one or two plants in a 36'20'60 inch tent and we were wondering what things we would need in a tent that size with only 1 or 2 plants. I would love the setup you described but as of now we lack the necessary space which is quite disappointing.

I would consider going with cfl lighting. If spac is an issue they are your best bet. As far as what size, that depends on your budget etc. I've seen some incredible grows on here with cfl's

I would consider going with cfl lighting. If spac is an issue they are your best bet. As far as what size, that depends on your budget etc. I've seen some incredible grows on here with cfl's

using a 26 watt cfl light for now because the lumens was correct for vegetative growth is that enough or sure I find another bulb with more wattage because its just for one plant

using a 26 watt cfl light for now because the lumens was correct for vegetative growth is that enough or sure I find another bulb with more wattage because its just for one plant
can you make a shortcut to your journal in your signature, you will get a lot more traffic if people dont have to click so much to get to you ;)

i love cfls, i got blues on the left for veging the little ones and reds on the right for flowering the 3 il diavolo....none of these plants have ever been fed :rofl:

P10207382.JPG

I would consider adding at least one more and put it on the other side at the minimum. Cfl light loses its power over a very short distance, so I would also put them no more than 3-6 inches away from your plant

Back
Top Bottom