First time grow, setting up

Hey @SQl2kGuy ive read through a few old ones almost identical to my set up.
I don’t have an RO system but I have 2 17 gallon totes of tap water I’m letting the chlorine evaporate off of as we speak.

I’m going to be using Advanced Nutrients pH perfect sensi coco line.

I got nirvana seeds
•Skywalker OG photo period FEM
•Big Bug photo period FEM
• Blue Mystic AutoFEM

I’m looking forward to the making of my grow journal, I know if I keep it up to date then you guys will be there to cover my back. I’m enjoying it here!

Thanks and Cheers :bongrip:

I am moving towards Advanced Nutrients myself right now.

You should read this article when you get a chance: July 13 2019 - Update - Lessons Learned Section ... click then scroll down to the Lessons Learned section.

Quick Question for the coco growers ... Does the Alkalinity of the water affect the pH in a coco medium like it does in soil?

Hey @SQl2kGuy ive read through a few old ones almost identical to my set up.
I don’t have an RO system but I have 2 17 gallon totes of tap water I’m letting the chlorine evaporate off of as we speak.

I’m going to be using Advanced Nutrients pH perfect sensi coco line.

I got nirvana seeds
•Skywalker OG photo period FEM
•Big Bug photo period FEM
• Blue Mystic AutoFEM

I’m looking forward to the making of my grow journal, I know if I keep it up to date then you guys will be there to cover my back. I’m enjoying it here!

Thanks and Cheers :bongrip:
Wouldn't worry about ro water mate. If you can drink it the chances are they can. Don't need as much (if any) calmag when you use tap water iether. And the chlorine is only a bad thing if you're using beneficial microbes if some sort.
Many like myself run sterile so the added bleach actually comes in handy.
Coco is easy mate, don't over think it.
Have a look at the thread in my sig and you'll see how little you really need to know to do well with it. I've got it down to 13 words lol :)

Wouldn't worry about ro water mate. If you can drink it the chances are they can. Don't need as much (if any) calmag when you use tap water iether. And the chlorine is only a bad thing if you're using beneficial microbes if some sort.
Have a look at the thread in my sig and you'll see how little you really need to know to do well with it. I've got it down to 13 words lol :)

Thanks I’ll give it a look at lunch break, keep yours peeled for my journal

Hey James! I’m late to the party, but would love to follow along. You seem hungry to get this grow stated, I’m loving the ambition! :thumb:

Welcome, your just on time my guest of honor are still a ways out. I’ll make sure I give everyone a heads up when I get my grow journal underway.

Until then I’m just going to be a sponge and soak In as much as possible.
:bongrip: Cheers

I just reread your article on how to feed plants in CoCo and I say reread because it was actually the tread that brought me to this forum full time. I planned to follow your method to a T since I’m not getting into the ppm, TDS, EC fight yet. So tag along for my journal when it’s rolling I’d love to have your input :headbanger:

I just reread your article on how to feed plants in CoCo and I say reread because it was actually the tread that brought me to this forum full time. I planned to follow your method to a T since I’m not getting into the ppm, TDS, EC fight yet. So tag along for my journal when it’s rolling I’d love to have your input :headbanger:
That's awesome mate, very humbling :)
Thats how I learned to grow aswell. Found a guy called Mr ganjamoto and his 1 kilo auto ultimate and thought fuck it if he can do it so can I.
Read his journal, read it again.
Got the same nutes, similar Res and just done what he done as best I could.
Got 300g on the first attempt and 600g on the 2nd. Not bad considering he used 3 grand worth of lights and I had old mars blurples and a cfl lol.
You'll find that you'll develop your own style over a few grows too. Once you learn the basics and lose the fear it's pretty hard to stop tinkering about with things. See all sorts of wierd and wonderful things when people get stoned in the grow room :)
When you start your journal tag me @Barney86 like that bud. I'll gladly grab the guitar and some chilli Cheetos :)

Some people learn differently then others.no need to laugh at other people who do things differently then you.

for a person who is "well known" on this board laughing at new members because they do things differently is interesting.

you comment very passive aggressively. Instead of laughing at my advice, just give you're own advice.

Um, . . . . I think he was laughing at himself. :ciao:

Hey guys just wanted to give an update on my situation. I got my exhaust fan and light set up and after reading some reviews and diving down the YouTube worm hole I’m pretty impressed with the Mars hydro ts1000(I’ll be adding a 2nd by the time my seeds arrive or plants cover a 4x4 area.

Had the light on about 10hrs so far and the tent has only raised 1 degree with no exhaust.

Now it’s just a waiting game I guess.
Cheers
3BEBBF6F-2B48-4C35-B5F1-27641FE09407.jpeg
778C7A13-BA2D-41B2-BDB4-941EA5AFCB4E.jpeg

Good for you and good choice. A little bit late, welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to reading your journal.

Wick :morenutes:

Just wanted to post my final update in here before I start my journal.

I have sourced a few clones and seeds in my area because I’m becoming super inpatient with my seeds. I should be picking them up tomorrow.
I expanded by 5kilo brick of coco with 6.0ph water and have it in my tent to try and dry it a little bit since I won’t be using it all at once.
3138EAED-AADC-4742-9954-182249466F21.jpeg
CD0B98A4-B81D-4F9B-BB55-A66ECE36EE2F.jpeg
I’ve also got my 2nd light and 2 6inch fans installed to creat my “wind” circulation. I have everything running at the moment to get an idea of what my environment is looking like.

If you see anything that needs adjustment point it out or offer suggestions for improvement. Thanks gentlemen cheers

Just wanted to post my final update in here before I start my journal.

I have sourced a few clones and seeds in my area because I’m becoming super inpatient with my seeds. I should be picking them up tomorrow.
I expanded by 5kilo brick of coco with 6.0ph water and have it in my tent to try and dry it a little bit since I won’t be using it all at once.
3138EAED-AADC-4742-9954-182249466F21.jpeg
CD0B98A4-B81D-4F9B-BB55-A66ECE36EE2F.jpeg
I’ve also got my 2nd light and 2 6inch fans installed to creat my “wind” circulation. I have everything running at the moment to get an idea of what my environment is looking like.

If you see anything that needs adjustment point it out or offer suggestions for improvement. Thanks gentlemen cheers
Mr. Bong, I’m looking forward to taking this journey with you. I just started my first grow so I’ll learn right along with you. Looks like you’re off to a good start. Good luck, my friend.

Don’t forget to post a link to your journal here in case anyone following this thread misses your journal!

:thumb:
Will do I’ll also put it in my signature I just want to make sure I have something to show before I start it lol

Don’t forget to post a link to your journal here in case anyone following this thread misses your journal!

:thumb:
Mr. Bong, I’m looking forward to taking this journey with you. I just started my first grow so I’ll learn right along with you. Looks like you’re off to a good start. Good luck, my friend.
If you need help on how to do that, check out my link below on a post I made on how to do it. (If necessary that is) :thumb:

I actually just read it earlier so I should be ready to go as soon as I have some ladies to flaunt around the bar

Back
Top Bottom