First Time Grow! Some From Clones Some From Solo

Brnwn4

SOIL GROW

Strain - 1 cherry bomb, 8 Gorilla Bomb, 1 Grand Daddy Purp, 2 Blueberry Gum, 3 girl scout cookie. I have some cookie wreck cuttings rooting also.
# of Plants - 15 plants
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage – Just Started Vege
Setup – Not Sure?
Light – viparspectra 600w (600PAR T)
Nutrients - I Have the Recipe for Success Kit, along with clonex solution and Mammoth P.
Medium – IDK soil in the solo cups now. (Bought from someone) but plan to transplant into FFOF
PPM - ??? IDK Havent given any nutrients yet…
PH – 6.5
RH - 35% to 45%
Room Temperature -75 to 81
Tent- 4x4 Grow Tent
Pests - None Known
___

Just got the solo cups from someone yesterday. I also have some cuttings that have been chilling for two weeks that started popping roots.

PROBLEM: Idk what to do from here. Guy told me just to water the plants till i transplant them from solo cup to the next pot? Ive had other people saying i should try to give them 1/4 strength nutrients. What do you guys reccomend? Also how many of these will i be able to fit in a 4x4 tent? Should i try the SCROG method on my first grow? Ill buy another tent if need be. Should i be using smart pots? Any tips are appreciated.

Attachments

• 0C37AAA1-4BED-4D76-9725-590D604B07EB.jpeg
    0C37AAA1-4BED-4D76-9725-590D604B07EB.jpeg
    818.4 KB · Views: 95
Hi Brnwn4,
WOW! That's a lot of plants! So the way I see it you have two options...
Option #1 - You only keep 4 plants veg them for 2 months or longer in 7-10 gallon pots, and do a ScrOG. This will fill the tent.
Option #2 - You do a SOG (Sea Of Green) with all of the plants together. This will only require about another month of veg and then flip to flower. Each plant only gets a 1-2 gallon pot and they stay small. Each plant produces one main cola and with all those plants this will also fill the tent.

Without knowing what kind of soil is in those cups we can't recommend feeding or not. That soil might be hot and have lots of nutes in it. It also might be soilless and have nothing in it. If it has nothing in it the bottom leaves will start dying and dropping off. This would mean you have to feed something ASAP.

As mentioned previously more photos are needed in a more natural light for anyone to assess the health of the plants properly.
You will soon need to transplant to larger pots. Just don't jump right up into big pots right away. It's better to do it in stages. Example: solo cup, 1-2 gallon pots, 4 gallon pots, then 7-10 gallon final pots if you want to veg longer and grow bigger plants.

Hi Brnwn4,
WOW! That's a lot of plants! So the way I see it you have two options...
Option #1 - You only keep 4 plants veg them for 2 months or longer in 7-10 gallon pots, and do a ScrOG. This will fill the tent.
Option #2 - You do a SOG (Sea Of Green) with all of the plants together. This will only require about another month of veg and then flip to flower. Each plant only gets a 1-2 gallon pot and they stay small. Each plant produces one main cola and with all those plants this will also fill the tent.

Without knowing what kind of soil is in those cups we can't recommend feeding or not. That soil might be hot and have lots of nutes in it. It also might be soilless and have nothing in it. If it has nothing in it the bottom leaves will start dying and dropping off. This would mean you have to feed something ASAP.

As mentioned previously more photos are needed in a more natural light for anyone to assess the health of the plants properly.
You will soon need to transplant to larger pots. Just don't jump right up into big pots right away. It's better to do it in stages. Example: solo cup, 1-2 gallon pots, 4 gallon pots, then 7-10 gallon final pots if you want to veg longer and grow bigger plants.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Pics will be posted! ive been reading about SCROG and SOG. Thats what i was thinking. I just picked up like 15 clones for $80. Only way i could get clones lol... Money hungry pirates.. ANYWAYS. If I dont wanna throw plants away should i do the SOG? I just wanna do what ever i have to, to yield as much as i can. Im assuming the guy put somesort of nutes in the solo cups as he was recommending i just water them? Idk ill definitely check for bottom leaves starting to die. SO i dont get paranoid and over water. How often are clones in solo cups watered? And when should i transplant to 1 or 2g pots?

Well when it comes to watering one of our very nice members by the name of Emilya has a fantastic post on that.
Here is a link to a thread I created a couple weeks ago to show just how dry they can get before you need to water. Also within this thread you will find a link to Emilya's thread on how to water a potted plant.

If it were me I would probably transplant them this weekend into larger pots.

Well when it comes to watering one of our very nice members by the name of Emilya has a fantastic post on that.
Here is a link to a thread I created a couple weeks ago to show just how dry they can get before you need to water. Also within this thread you will find a link to Emilya's thread on how to water a potted plant.

If it were me I would probably transplant them this weekend into larger pots.
The guy i got em from recommended that i wait until there 10-12 inches tall, then transplant them. But if you think i should transplant em this weekend ill def do it! Im going to put them into 2 gal smart pots! Then ill prolly just do the SEA OF Green lol... Do you recommend any soil and what to mix into it? Is the SOG method good for yield, and a first time grower? If id get more out of a SCROG with less plants id do that also. Just dont wanna throw away plants lol.

In my opinion they will become too root bound by the time they are a foot tall. It sure won't hurt to transplant them this weekend. On the other side of the coin if you leave them in the cups until they are a foot tall they will stop growing and you will have an extended veg time. No loss other than time.
If it were me I would give SOG a try and make use of all the plants. I have not done one myself so I won't offer advise regarding SOG growing but some others probably will.

Can anyone give me some SOG advice? I’ll put em in 2g pots this weekend. How long should I vege em?

Thank you kind sir/madam ❤️

I don't blame you for not wanting to throw away any of the clones. If you want to do a SOG. Take a look at @gr865 grow. He's got a really good one going right now and you can learn a lot from his grow. You'll probably be surprised with the amount of bud you get.

As for the soil that you currently have, I would wait a bit before adding any nutrients. If the leaves start to yellow a bit, then it's time to feed them. I would also add a little more light as well. I have a Viparspar 600 watt and it's a great light. But with that many plants, you'll want to add a least one more of those lights.

I don't blame you for not wanting to throw away any of the clones. If you want to do a SOG. Take a look at @gr865 grow. He's got a really good one going right now and you can learn a lot from his grow. You'll probably be surprised with the amount of bud you get.

As for the soil that you currently have, I would wait a bit before adding any nutrients. If the leaves start to yellow a bit, then it's time to feed them. I would also add a little more light as well. I have a Viparspar 600 watt and it's a great light. But with that many plants, you'll want to add a least one more of those lights.
I appreciate you brotha! I’ll deffintely check his log out! Do you have any recommendations on what soil and what to mix into the soil for when I put these in 2g or 3g (if they fit) pots? I’m going to try and get another light but i wanna get another tent first. Been rough lately. Got a ticket and hit with a other crazy bills lately lol. But it’s deffintely eventually happening. What could I yield ya think if I kept them in 2 gal pots and flowered em? With only my 1 light??

I appreciate you brotha! I’ll deffintely check his log out! Do you have any recommendations on what soil and what to mix into the soil for when I put these in 2g or 3g (if they fit) pots? I’m going to try and get another light but i wanna get another tent first. Been rough lately. Got a ticket and hit with a other crazy bills lately lol. But it’s deffintely eventually happening. What could I yield ya think if I kept them in 2 gal pots and flowered em? With only my 1 light??
For soil, I've personally been using Happy Frog. But there are a lot of good soils out there like Fox Farm, Supersoil, Pro-Mix, even Miraclegrow (Although some seem to hate this one). I've used all of those soils at one time or another and have had good results. The only thing I would not recommend are the super cheap non name brand ones that you see at Walmart or other dicount stores on sale for 5 bucks a bag. I did that one time and while my crop ended up ok, I had to deal with a lot of gnats from day 1. The bugs can be dealt with, but it doesn't add any joy to your growing fun.

Update! Got them all in 2g pots. Should I water them with nutrients? I used roots organic original mix.

Attachments

• FEC311A4-54F8-4F98-AA6A-5BE6C896DC54.jpeg
    FEC311A4-54F8-4F98-AA6A-5BE6C896DC54.jpeg
    570.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 818FB3D5-DE1A-41BC-890D-DF6A3AA86748.jpeg
    818FB3D5-DE1A-41BC-890D-DF6A3AA86748.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 92
Guys did I transplant too early. When should these guys perk back up?? 3gallons of water. Put in between 15 plants. 1 hall of the mix reccomended in my recipe for success kit. The rest 2gallons well water phd to 6.3.

Back
Top Bottom