First Time Grow

yea man looks like you've learned alot man, takes people grows to learn as much as you've learned in one, me bein one of them people lol, and i've seen some reviews lately on that Jack Herer, looks like a serious strain, i would definitely put it at one of my top favorites for sure, and again man you've done an amazing job for your first grow, reps to ya!!! :thumb: :tokin:

i'll also let you know this, i've been hearin alot lately that its not good to cut the leaves off the plant, the leaves are what holds the nutes and pretty much what helps the plants grow healthy, your plant is definitely healthy i wouldn't say that but if you would have left the leaves would it have made the plant better, i dont know but im just sayin what i've heard, i also read this in the Greg Green bible aswell..

It was a toss up for me. I had light issues and I crammed too may plants into a small space. I do know that in order for a plant to feed itself it needs to be able to photosynthesize. Next spring I am going to go with the same number of plants but increase my growing space. That should help with light and prevention of powdery mildew and blah blah blah. But you are right because I noticed on my Veneno plant that the plant is putting alot of effort into regrowing more leaves instead of bud, there is always next year. :high-five:I think I would rather grow and have somebody else do the harvest tho...lol...trim..turn...trim..turn...trim...turn...trim...turn...clean snippers...trim...turn...trim...turn...trim...turn...clean snippers. I am going to need a massage and a chiropractor when I am done.

lol i know what you mean, i remember the my very first grow and my first time trimmin the bud, i felt like i had chorpral tunnel in my hands, and they kept stiffinin up me, i dont know what i would do if i had to trim pounds like some people do, i prolly would have to pay somebody in bud to do it lol, its definitely a laborous job.. :tokin:

Hi Everyone,

Well.... I guess it's over. All of my girls are chopped and bagged up for safe keeping. I got an average yield of 1/2 lb per plant. I made some infused butter with some of the trimmings from the buds I manicured. It has an odd flavor...not sure if I am a fan....Maybe I should try to make some fudge with the butter.....everything is better with chocolate on it.LOL.

Myself with 3 of my friends have sampled the smoke on all of the plants (except for the Veneno. She is in cure right now) and our favorites are the Jack Herer, Vanilla Kush, blue dream and the White Widow/Afghan Cross.... They are a nice smooth smoke and they all have subtle different flavors. The Jack and Vanilla are spicey and the blue dream is kinda fruity, the white widow has kindof a spicey, lemon taste.

All in all I am pretty happy with my first grow. I am definitely going to make a couple changes next year. Like more sun and they are going in the ground with a gopher cage around the rootball.

So that is about it. I am not sure how to make this journal "complete". I am going to veg the clones I made from my plants this year through the winter. Hopefully they will make it through the winter. We have had some killing frosts in the last two weeks and so far so good, but they are protected and under light.

Thanks for following my journal and I will talk to you all soon.

Kat

I took several clones from my girls before the flower stage. Just thought I would share my clone nursery. There are 3 in 5 gallon pots that I will be vegging and finishing during the winter....I will start another journal to let you all know how that goes. I live in the Sierras so cold temps can be an issue. So far the light that they are under have kept the shed between 50-60 degrees..... I will be moving the 3 into another room that is insulated and putting them under a sodium halide light. Right now they are under florescent grow lights.
Clone_Nursery_view_2_11-6.jpg

Clone_Nursery_11-6-11.jpg

Thanks for following my first grow.
Kat

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I am reporting this to be moved to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom