First time grow

Over There

Hi all!

I am attempting my first grow (a single plant). I have done extensive reading on the web and have the following plan in place...

I have selected white widow feminized seeds which I'm glad made it through customs into Australia (thanks cropking!). I am using a ------------ set up which i got off eBay Australia for $70. It is a 10L bucket (x2 for easy change overs) with net pot (filled with clay pellets) and air pump with air stone. I am using a 600w MH lamp for veg and 600w HPS for bloom. I have chosen to use Advanced Nutrients PH perfect micro grow and bloom, and cannazym. Im also using RO water ( i have purchased a 15L bottle, so i can do 2x 7.5L water changes per bottle) My seedling has just sprouted in a jiffy pellet.

1. When should i transfer my seedling and jiffy pellet into clay pellets? Im thinking of doing it right away with just having plain RO water in my bucket with air stone in use.

2. Should i add the cannazym right away or wait until i am using the nutrients? I am planning to wait atleast 2 weeks (or until seedling has 3-4 nodes) before i add nutrients at 1/4 strength.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks

sansan

Re: First time grow...

You can transfer the jiffy pellet right away. You will need to top feel until the roots reach the water in the bucket. The best way is a water farm kit. Basically it is a tube that uses air to bubble water to the top of the bucket to feel the plant. Once the roots reach the water you can switch to a regular air stone. Use 1/4 strength nutes for the first 2 weeks if you transfer right away. Use a product like calmag at 1/4 strength as well. 1/4 strength is probably a weak mix but since it is your first grow, go light so you don't make a mistake and kill the plant. After 2 weeks go to 1/2 strength and add the cannazyme. You should have roots it the bucket by then. Go full strength nutes for 2 or 3 more weeks depending on how big you want it to be when you go to bloom. Just remember, they can double or triple in hight. The white widow does tend to be a shorter strain though. Also, make sure your light is 3 feet or more away from the seedling. When it is small a 600 can fry it if it is too close. Once it gets bigger move the light closer.

budking,

Thanks for the advice mate. I have now moved the light 3ft away. And just brought some GH Calmag online. I had trouble finding a waterfarm kit for sale in Australia. I have purchased a GH waterfarm kit from Ebay but it is from the US which will take a couple of weeks to arrive. I will have it for my next grow. What do you suggest i do this time without the water farm kit?

Not a hyro guy I'm in soilless but check your pH of the water your using and see what pH it is and what it should be taste it before and after you put nutes in it. You don't wanna lock out nutes or anything because of the pH in the water. Good luck!

I grow in dwc bucket and I grow them big. This is one plant, one bucket, 4x4 scrog and 1000 watt light.

IMG_031728.JPG

Be patient, watch your ph and ppm, you will be rewarded.

Im going to transfer into clay pellets right away. The same as what chronichemphog has done. I am really scared to add nutrients to the water right away even at 1/4 strength. Advanced Nutrients are said to be very strong.

I have made the transfer. I have the jiffy pellet sitting just above the water level in the clay pellets. I have added nutes (AN micro, grow, bloom and GH calmag) at 1/8 strength just to be sure. Who knows the roots may not even make it to the water in this first week. After week 1 i will do a nutrient change and go with 1/4 strength nutes....

Fingers crossed! This is all a learning curve being my first grow. I am really enjoying learning to grow! Hope i don't get disappointed!!!

Make sure the pellet doesn't dry out for too long. Since you don't have any roots showing it will take a few extra weeks in veg. Stick with the AN nutes plus call mag. Don't get fancy and add a bunch of stuff you don't need. Keep it simple for your first grow. Get your pH right and watch the ppm and you will be fine. Light on nutes is WAY better than too much.

Back
Top Bottom