Godofbeasts94

Hey y'all! I have been lurking around on here for quite some time now, and have finally decided to go ahead and attempt to grow me a plant! Super excited for the journey!

I plan on growing one auto flowering Durbon Poison in a 5 gallon Smart Pot. I will use a combination of Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil and Espoma Perlite. I plan on lining the walls of the closet with Mylar. And as for lighting I am going to use the Mastergrow 600 Watt LED grow light. No fancy exhaust system. I figure as it is an auto flower, I can be more leniant with lighting and just leave the closet door open at times to get fresh air in. As for odor I will be relying on the Roseman's DIY Odor Control Bucket method.

Before I start I need help figuring out a minor issue with the closet. It is 27 inches wide, 33 inches deep and 69 inches from the floor to the bottom of the shelf.
20170201_144503.jpg
20170201_144506.jpg

I plan on hanging my light from the lower bar, which will put it relatively centered. My main concern is with the space above the shelf. I assume that a space like that will just suck up light, preventing me from getting everything I can out of the light and to my plant. Do others think this will be a problem? And if so how should I solve it?

Thanks for the help, will show you the final set up once everything arrives in the mail! I/m excited to begin my journey, and look forward to any guidance y'all have for a new grower!

Appreciate it! I'm excited to follow along, how much longer you got before starting you think?

Just waiting on the seeds to arrive. Hoping they will arrive with in the week. Going to need something to pick me up after dickhead Tom Brady wins another Superbowl.

Some quick updates though:
Figured out that I could just pull the shelf out...
and got my LED light and Mylar set up.
In the meantime been messing around with temperature control. Any idea how a plant will effect the temp in room? I figure as it takes in CO2 and exhausts oxygen, the temp will decrease. But I almost failed Biology, so what do I know? (to be fair my teacher sucked some serious ass)

Your grow is looking great by the way! Been enjoying watching the progression these past few days!

Transpiration and respiration of the plant will have little impact on the temp itself but it will increase humidity. From just one plant probably not dramatically. From multiple plants I have seen folks windows constantly fogged up! Best of luck in all you grow!

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the quick response! It looks like I will probably have to raise humidity a little using some DIY methods during veg stage as I am currently floating around 30%. Might not be able to get ideal humidity levels, buy hey this is more of an experimental grow to dip my foot into the waters.

30% without plants is fine tbh, I'm running 40-60% with my ladies in there and before the fact sitting around 25-30% also you plants won't affect Temps but your lights definitely will, led's run lower but in my 3.3x3.3x5.6 tent with my led is running around 80 degrees inside and room temp is around 65 or lower

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

One of me seeds germinated today so I planted it directly into my 5 gallon smart pot with about 70/30 ffof and Perlite. Excited to officially start my grow. Will upload pictures of final closet set up once I have a sprout to show!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Alright I'm officially growing weed! She sprouted yesterday, so I thought I would post some picture updates.
420-magazine-mobile1628341190.jpg

420-magazine-mobile291959756.jpg

Going to hold off watering for a few days. And see how she takes it. Assuming all goes well I plan on ponytailing, topping at the 3rd node, and then doing lst to try and get the most out of her. I will 100% need some help, so any tips or such would be greatly appreciated

Hey yall. Day 3 since sprout and I'm worried she is stunted as I havnt seen much growth. Her first set of true leaves are still smaller than the cotleyon.
420-magazine-mobile1443926651.jpg

Hm ok. I read that led lights should be about a meter above seedlings. But I will do more research on the matter. Thanks for the suggestion!

I would take the shelf out and raise the bar to give more room.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Salton! Thanks for joining. I took the shelf out a while ago, not sure if I posted about it. I might be able to raise the bar, but there is one higher up that I plan on using if/when I need it during flowering. At the moment the lower bar is about 4.5 feet above plant, which seems like plenty of room. Here is a shot of the closet.
420-magazine-mobile114533889.jpg

Also any ideas on the slow growth? Watching other people's grows they seems to get a relatively larger set of true leaves by day 3.

Hey Salton! Thanks for joining. I took the shelf out a while ago, not sure if I posted about it. I might be able to raise the bar, but there is one higher up that I plan on using if/when I need it during flowering. At the moment the lower bar is about 4.5 feet above plant, which seems like plenty of room. Here is a shot of the closet.
420-magazine-mobile114533889.jpg

Also any ideas on the slow growth? Watching other people's grows they seems to get a relatively larger set of true leaves by day 3.

I'm also on my first grow and I have one that's growing relatively fast and the other is a slow grower

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom