First time grow

Nuggbunny96

Hi guys!

So I've managed to germinate a couple seeds a few days ago and I popped them into a bit of coco peat with filtered water. A few broke to the surface (2 mm) this morning so I was wondering what do I do next? Are there any nutrients I should introduce at this point or should I let it grow a couple inches with just distilled water and light? I should mention that I have not added any nutrients whatsoever and the cocopeat is neutral to my knowledge.
I am using a 45w LED (cool day light) equivalent to 85w CFL, 240VAC, 50 Hz, 4500 lumens, 6500k set up indoors at about 25 inches away.

Thank you!!'

First time grow.

You need a pH meter and Cal/Mag supplement since you have LED and coco. They need cal! The lights could be moved closer in order to avoid stretching. Move it down until you can feel heat when you put your hand between plant and light, then back it off a little. If they do stretch just add a little more soil to give it better support and to 'shrink' the stretch. Water as infrequently as you can. And only a little don't drown them out.
And above all else the most important thing you can do is immerse yourself into gaining knowledge thru reading, investigating and by any other means you can on canna cultivation.

nugg , go to the toolbar at the top of the page click on grow room and then click on how to grow. great info !!!!!! good luck on your first one ... check in with us and keep us poated . there are so many good people here that are always helpful. they got me thru a lot of problems and now in return i can answer newbee questions..... :Namaste:

First time grow.

You need a pH meter and Cal/Mag supplement since you have LED and coco. They need cal! The lights could be moved closer in order to avoid stretching. Move it down until you can feel heat when you put your hand between plant and light, then back it off a little. If they do stretch just add a little more soil to give it better support and to 'shrink' the stretch. Water as infrequently as you can. And only a little don't drown them out.
And above all else the most important thing you can do is immerse yourself into gaining knowledge thru reading, investigating and by any other means you can on canna cultivation.

Thanks a lot!! I have ordered a pH meter along with 500ml of pH down so I've got that covered. I didn't know about the Cal/Mag so that's definitely the first thing on my shopping list for tomorrow!!

I have given them each about 5 - 6 drops of water since they're so tiny with barely 3 inches of 'tail'. I will keep an eye on soil condition/moisture and water accordingly.

Thank you so much for your help kind stranger!!

Edit: I lowered the light as recommended. ☀️

nugg , go to the toolbar at the top of the page click on grow room and then click on how to grow. great info !!!!!! good luck on your first one ... check in with us and keep us poated . there are so many good people here that are always helpful. they got me thru a lot of problems and now in return i can answer newbee questions..... :Namaste:

Wow!! The grow room is awesome and the people here are even more awesome. Thanks for replying :)

Back
Top Bottom