First Time Grow

she didn’t get much love from me yesterday. Work and hockey game interfered :) Go Avs Go!! But man was she busy!!! She drank from 8” water down to 4” when I checked today. She has exploded in growth I don’t even know what to do with LST. She is growing at a crazy pace. Tomorrow is her maybe last reservoir change. I topped her off today added some nutrients to bring the PPM to 1480.

I took a close picture of the stem. Are those the start of the flowers?

FA7C5609-057C-4E34-917D-D412DEE36A02.jpeg

B9F2FA83-B8AF-4E37-AF1A-2E51C69A0192.jpeg

F1BC5F02-C0E3-4B05-A546-F6B102164767.jpeg

Oh BOY!!!! I hate being that guy cause you did real good on your first grow. But that's a male from where I'm standing.
Ha! Damn that would be some shit from a fem seed…

Yeah your last picture is definitely a male. Finishing it will just lead to a polen contaminated grow area. Better to chop it now and start over. And if you were sold fem seeds with this result don't risk using another one from the same pack.

Yeah your last picture is definitely a male. Finishing it will just lead to a polen contaminated grow area. Better to chop it now and start over. And if you were sold fem seeds with this result don't risk using another one from the same pack.
I concur.

You are correct on the female preflowers ... i doubt you made it happen , unless you have been spraying it with colloidal silver ...its just a bad seed / genetics . Its has strong male genes ...hermies come in many forms with a mixture of traits .... i know that its hard to up root what you have worked for all this time . but in my opinion unless you want pollen floating around in your tent / grow area from a bad seed / genetics , its what needs to be done .

figured I would tell you a story of one of my experience's . I was growing this beautiful plant outside all year , she was full of nice thick flowers she was around 5 ft and the only plant i had going outside that year ...well it had been a week or so since i had a chance to go visit her and wouldn't you know it the strangest thing happened . The entire top of the plant turned full on male stretched with grapevines of open sacs and pollen all over my plant . what did i do you ask ... I pulled her . Why ? because from time to time i also grew indoors and i didn't want to take the chance of these bean getting mixed up into anything that I had already . so really I do feel your pain .

based on your previous pictures you will have both even if you cut the branches that where showing male sex . How many flowers versus pollen sacs ? There is no telling , Its okay if you aren't worried about getting seeds then no one else should be and there is nothing wrong with it . either way she/he is looking good .

based on your previous pictures you will have both even if you cut the branches that where showing male sex . How many flowers versus pollen sacs ? There is no telling , Its okay if you aren't worried about getting seeds then no one else should be and there is nothing wrong with it . either way she/he is looking good .
I have zero pollen sacks. Everything has sprouted white hairs. Only two spots haven’t opened and they look the same as the others.

I have zero pollen sacks. Everything has sprouted white hairs. Only two spots haven’t opened and they look the same as the others.
I understand what about the area that this photo was taken in as these are for sure male sac's
1655777262399.png

Those have since opened with white hairs…
I hope that you are looking at the correct branch and I say that simply because I have never seen it happen .

:( new beginnings, new improvements :). Drilled tie down holes in the lid for LST and drip for testing and adding nutes. Upgraded the air pump again. Unfortunately the last plant did go full HERMI. I made the choice to cut it before the male flowers could do anything. I removed “it” and cleaned everything with Lysol and boiled everything else. The new seed is now in a shot glass beginning it’s journey. Thanks for all the helpful tips I learned from those who contributed. On to grow 2!

E090947C-E8D9-44D2-9EAA-5DA377B2037E.jpeg

C1AFD85D-9C2E-428F-B03C-B38B26C7BCE3.jpeg

21851CAB-3F7A-437D-B728-18EC12368C3A.jpeg

F0C54A04-CD4B-495F-837C-8B27954A1B69.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom