First Time Grower - 400 Watt HPS-MH - Hybrid Hydroponics - Big Bang Auto Fem

Hello and :welcome: for the awesome people of :420:

I don't have much to show today, just an update.

Now as usual, I'll try to make this nice and tidy:
  • I tried using the local image uploader several times but it didn't work :( I was able to upload one picture but then submiting the images kept yielding an error message.
  • My Amnesia girl is growing too tall :S Like I never thought this might actually be a problem but it is. Suggestions?
  • Is a 400W tubecooled bulb too much for a 1x1x2 tent? Inside I have an EcoGrower HexPot.
Amnesia Haze:
velo110.jpg

Big Bang:
velo24.jpg

Big Bang and 1 Devil Fruit:
velo31.jpg

how deep in bloom are you with the plants that are too tall?

Hey Hey :420: !

First things first I'd like to thank everyone following my grow log and especially those commenting and criticizing. I've had different hobbies over the time and had the chance to be introduced to several communities, but let me tell you, growers are usually awesome people :circle-of-love: . Anyone who devotes the time and effort to grow this magnificent plant MUST be an interesting gentle person, especially those from :420: :cheer:

So what's up? Those are the most interesting facts, one of the pictures shows detailed updates, the papers used are an ad from an sexual enhancing drug, I do not take this :grinjoint: it's just a freebie that I took.
  • Switched to HPS.
  • Switched to 12/12 cycle in order to flower the Amnesia.
  • Using Cellmax FLOWER now at 40% of the recommended dosage for 4 Big Bangs and the Amnesia.
  • Supercropped quite a bit ^^ Many thanks for those videos mate !
  • Topped one Big Bang.
Updates1.jpg

Now here are the plants, they are 35 days old.
1:
Big_Bang_4_2.jpg

Big_Bang_4_1.jpg

Big_Bang_3_2.jpg
Big_Bang_3_1.jpg

Big_Bang_2_2.jpg
Big_Bang_2_1.jpg

Big_Bang_13.jpg

Now those plants are a bit younger, they are about 25 days old, I couldn't help the situation because the seed supplier sent me 5 seeds and then another 5 which made me grow different aged batches.
DWC2
Big_bang_younglings2.jpg

DWC3
Big_Bang_younglings1.jpg

And how the whole thing looks like:
Setup_1_05_07.jpg

A couple of things are bothering me though, and I hope someone has the answer for me =)
-Is the yield/growth of the younger plants, or the autoflowering plants, going to suffer substantially now that I switched the light cycle to 12/12 in order to flower the Amnesia Haze plant?All the Big Bangs were Autoflower female seeds. And remember, I switched to a 12/12 cycle only for the sake of the Amnesia plant.
-Is the Amnesia a female xD? I am going to go nuts if it turns out to be a a stinking male =/
Amnesia_flower.jpg

-Now I know autoflowering seeds were not the best idea...but did I make a very bad mistake? I feel like my plants are too small for their age and that the final yield wouldn't be as much as I expected. Am I doing anything wrong?? Please do tell me whatever is on your mind.

Only time will tell if your Amnesia is male or female but you'll know soon enough under 12/12.

Happy 4th of July Velomania

Subbed for this ! Looking good !

A couple of things are bothering me though, and I hope someone has the answer for me =)
-Is the yield/growth of the younger plants, or the autoflowering plants, going to suffer substantially now that I switched the light cycle to 12/12 in order to flower the Amnesia Haze plant?All the Big Bangs were Autoflower female seeds. And remember, I switched to a 12/12 cycle only for the sake of the Amnesia plant.
-Is the Amnesia a female xD? I am going to go nuts if it turns out to be a a stinking male =/
Amnesia_flower.jpg

-Now I know autoflowering seeds were not the best idea...but did I make a very bad mistake? I feel like my plants are too small for their age and that the final yield wouldn't be as much as I expected. Am I doing anything wrong?? Please do tell me whatever is on your mind.

Donpaul.p grew many auto flower cannabis plants in his journals. Donpaul.p once flowered auto flower cannabis plants under 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness and believed his plants took much longer to finish but also had a much higher yield then with 18/6 lighting or 20/4 lighting.

@donpaul.p

Can you measure the distance between the nodes on the plants that you just put into flower? If you have not set your plants in the Deep Water Culture to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness to flower I would defoliate the photo period plants. I can not see any sign of sex yet on the plant in the photograph.

Heyo :) Thanks for dropping by ! Happy 4th of July to you too.
Only time will tell if your Amnesia is male or female but you'll know soon enough under 12/12.

Happy 4th of July Velomania

Donpaul.p grew many auto flower cannabis plants in his journals. Donpaul.p once flowered auto flower cannabis plants under 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness and believed his plants took much longer to finish but also had a much higher yield then with 18/6 lighting or 20/4 lighting.

@Donpaul.p

Can you measure the distance between the nodes on the plants that you just put into flower? If you have not set your plants in the Deep Water Culture to 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness to flower I would defoliate the photo period plants. I can not see any sign of sex yet on the plant in the photograph.

Many thanks for your reply.
I have visited the post regarding the light cycle test applied on the kc45 strain.

The yields recorded for auto plants are a whole lot lower than what I am expecting ^^ Perhaps it's because I am using a hydro system or so.

Please have a look at the next two pictures. :Namaste:

That's a dude, no doubt about it...

IMMEDIATELY!!! xxx

Hey guys, what's happening :thumb:?

Growing Cannabis was one hell of a ride :) and I certainly will go on growing in an expanded manner.

I must admit I have learned quite a bit throughout the grow, I've read so much before deciding to grow and I thought I had sufficient knowledge to grow amazing plants, I mean I am pretty okay with the results but I now know I can grow better plants! Before this thread is closed and moved to finished journals I will post what you may consider 'the butter of an unfriendly cow' but the main reason of this post is to pose the question : They be ripe and ready?

Now here is a collection of photos:
Close Up's:
Proud_bud.jpg
Close_up_51.jpg
Close_up_41.jpg
Close_up_33.jpg
Close_up_25.jpg
Close_up_12.jpg

Plants:
Big_Bang_1_1.jpg
Big_Bang_1_2.jpg

Outlook: