First Time Grower: 600W 3x3x6 Girl Scout Cookies, Northern Lights AF & OG Kush AF

First of all: the clones
2019-01-11 13.33.08.jpg
sorry for the intrusion, just stopped by to give my opinion. something is going wrong, it looks like not enough nitrogen or too much at some point, those yellow leaves are dead i'd just clip them off and trim the yellow off the healthier ones with these clones. i went through all your pics of this grow- for a 600w light the buds are very small vs the size of the plants, could be the distance of your light.(12-18in-600w), and those deficiencies, either wrong PH, or lack of nutes. the ones that look twisted up could be from fungus in the puck, it will go greenish, i use flora shield once in a while in the h20. also for big buds, during flower at least once between week 5-9- flush, let the pots dry right out, to the point of wilting. then hit them hard with nutes. after week 5 i do it right to finish- just use ph'd water no nutes in the last week. i grow in coir, and during flower i give extra cal/mag every feed. proper PH is so important, 6.0 in coir 6.5 in soil i've never had nutrient lock up- good luck

sorry for the intrusion, just stopped by to give my opinion. something is going wrong, it looks like not enough nitrogen or too much at some point, those yellow leaves are dead i'd just clip them off and trim the yellow off the healthier ones with these clones. i went through all your pics of this grow- for a 600w light the buds are very small vs the size of the plants, could be the distance of your light.(12-18in-600w), and those deficiencies, either wrong PH, or lack of nutes. the ones that look twisted up could be from fungus in the puck, it will go greenish, i use flora shield once in a while in the h20. also for big buds, during flower at least once between week 5-9- flush, let the pots dry right out, to the point of wilting. then hit them hard with nutes. after week 5 i do it right to finish- just use ph'd water no nutes in the last week. i grow in coir, and during flower i give extra cal/mag every feed. proper PH is so important, 6.0 in coir 6.5 in soil i've never had nutrient lock up- good luck

Hey Cricketmaster, thanks for dropping by. I appreciate the advice and I do admit I have had issues. To be clear, I'm fully aware that the yellowing and brown leaves are dead but I figured I'd leave them on there and let the plant cannibalise as much as possible.

I've broken it down and come up with the 3 possible issues.
1. Humitidy too low. I'm running 25-30% humidity and live in a super dry climate. I bought a humidifier which I'll be using with the drying to help it dry evenly and not too quickly. Will use it on the next run too.
2. Temperatures too high. I struggled to control temperatures for a long while. You mentioned the distance to the light... too far or too close? I'll be topping and LST-inig my plants more next time too to avoid too close.
3. pH. I hadn't really considered nute lock up but I didn't have a working pH meter till now. I've finally bought one and will be checking. Could well be this but hoping to cure it on the next run.

It's a pitty the buds aren't as huge as they might have been but I'm happy with the results considering it's my first attempt. I've definitely learned a lot and it's thanks to the many lovely people here that I've made it this far at all, so thanks again for your advice!

Hey Cricketmaster, thanks for dropping by. I appreciate the advice and I do admit I have had issues. To be clear, I'm fully aware that the yellowing and brown leaves are dead but I figured I'd leave them on there and let the plant cannibalise as much as possible.

I've broken it down and come up with the 3 possible issues.
1. Humitidy too low. I'm running 25-30% humidity and live in a super dry climate. I bought a humidifier which I'll be using with the drying to help it dry evenly and not too quickly. Will use it on the next run too.
2. Temperatures too high. I struggled to control temperatures for a long while. You mentioned the distance to the light... too far or too close? I'll be topping and LST-inig my plants more next time too to avoid too close.
3. pH. I hadn't really considered nute lock up but I didn't have a working pH meter till now. I've finally bought one and will be checking. Could well be this but hoping to cure it on the next run.

It's a pitty the buds aren't as huge as they might have been but I'm happy with the results considering it's my first attempt. I've definitely learned a lot and it's thanks to the many lovely people here that I've made it this far at all, so thanks again for your advice!
You did awesome for first time, your plants are huge. just need a bit of tweaking. i'm in sask too and my humidity stays around 55%. i don't use a tent. turned up edges of leaves usually is heat, leaves puffing/bubbling is over-water. let them have a wet/dry cycle between waters(keeps metabolism high). greenhouse seeds has grow videos on their strains, they have a lot of good tips. for cuttings/seedlings they don't need a lot of light short term, flowering i've had them as close as 6inches, strain dependent. i run 600whps and 200w T5's. the 600w i try stay 12in- the leaves will tell you if your to close- the t5's a few inches again the leaves talk. to change the subject, not sure if you know but sask has had some success with new strains- night nurse-indica-supposed to be killer weed bc depot handles their seed. and bubba skunk, i can't find the seed anymore, what a plant. i'm sorry i let it go- pre-98 kush x super skunk male.if you ever hear of that strain please let me know, i bought from the hydro store in regina, he sold out and the new owner doesn't carry seed. have a great weekend

Happy Sunday everyone. Today is HARVEST DAY! I’ve got my gloves and my shears and I’m ready to cut 6 of my girls down. I’ll be posting pictures of the process as we go along.

I’m going to do a dry trim mostly because I live a dry climate and I’m worried they’ll dry out too fast otherwise.

I’ll also be decarbing the leaves to try and make canna butter and maybe even brownies if there’s time left today.

Update + pictures: After checking all plants again I've realised that I was checking the sugar leaves, and not spending enough attention on the actual buds. I realise all plants except still have a very small number of transparent trichs so I decided to postpone except for the one OG kush that was ready. I checked all her buds and she was very very ready with lots of amber and milky trichs.

So here are the pictures of my first girl getting chopped
2019-01-13 15.34.08.jpg
2019-01-13 15.34.17.jpg
2019-01-13 15.34.31.jpg
2019-01-13 15.54.20.jpg
2019-01-13 16.08.40.jpg
2019-01-13 16.09.11.jpg
2019-01-13 16.15.14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom