first time grower and have one question?

ozarksmoker

first off , let me start by saying i am 57 years old and have smokin since i was young[ just don't want to grow up i guess]. here is my question, i decided to grow for the first time since i live where i feel real safe doing it[way out in the country] im growing inside now but will probably grow outside next time, i bought seeds from amsterdam [ak -48 ] fems. i have 2 plants in the closet with a 400 watt light , they are in the 8th week of budding and are looking very good [ at least i think so] , but they are starting to get what appear to be seed pods that have two hairs or feelers coming out of them, so my question is this normal or are they seeding out.
i don't have a camera to post pics and was hoping someone could just give me some answers or advice on what is happening . any help would be nice .

The "pods" are the Calyx and the "feelers" are the Pistils. Unless you have a male plant - or hermaphrodite (plant that carries both sexual parts) to provide pollen to the pistil/calyx, they will not produce seed.

The 8th week of budding, and just now showing calyx and pistil production sounds a little off tho. You may have a pure sativa strain that take a long time to flower. Do you know anything about that?

thanks akorn for the info , and to answer your question all i can tell you is the seeds are a ak-48 fems that i bought from nirvanna seed co. , the package said they take 9-10 weeks to flower, actually the pods have been there about 2 1/2 weeks now. i am pretty sure they are not hermies[seen pic of them] and very sure they are not males [ no signs of any pollen anywhere]there is crystals forming around the pod [calyx] like things and little anteni[spelling??] [ like what snails have] all on the white hairs. everything is still very white and hasen't started to turn brown or red yet. i know from what i have read that i don't want to cut and dry until about 80% turns brown or red .
well thats is about all i can tell you except that the smell is killing me and i hope they taste as good as they smell . thanks for all your help akorn , iv'e read a lot of your posts and you seem very smart when it comes to growing.

i am wondering if you remember when you planted them??

if they are actually in the 8th week of budding they should a little further along, sounds like they doin good though.
make sure to keep your temperature under 80 dont want any plant stress now.

i planted them on 2-1-07 , topped them when they were about 7 inches tall and vegged ,for 20 days at 18 hours , then transplanted into 5 gal pots and went to 12/12 cycle . they are about 5feet tall now , and the temp only reaches 74-76 degrees at the hottest and down to 64-66 degrees at the coldest got 2 fans going 24 hours , i open the door 2 or 3 times a day to get some fresh air in. if i had to guess i would say there might be 2 zips after drying on each plant . listen everybody thanks for the help , this site kicks ass for info.

i planted them on 2-1-07 , topped them when they were about 7 inches tall and vegged ,for 20 days at 18 hours , then transplanted into 5 gal pots and went to 12/12 cycle . they are about 5feet tall now , and the temp only reaches 74-76 degrees at the hottest and down to 64-66 degrees at the coldest got 2 fans going 24 hours , i open the door 2 or 3 times a day to get some fresh air in. if i had to guess i would say there might be 2 zips after drying on each plant .
Well all that sounds pretty normal. They should be well into bud cycle and fattening up nicely about now. Just keep on truckin and they'll let you know when they'r eready to come down.

this site kicks ass for info.
Damn right!!!! :smokin: Thanks for the kind words! That's what this site is all about...education!! Keep us posted! And don't forget the smoke report!

Peace,
Akorn:bongrip:

Thanks Again Acorn For All The Help And Encouragement.
Say Akorn I Have Another Post In Outdoor Gorw Forum I Need Some Help With , If You Could Take A Look At It And Give Some Advise Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom