First time grower and seedlings are in trouble

captain bud

Hi Everyone, I am a first time indoor grower using high performance LED lights that have switches that create a grow spectrum and a separate bloom spectrum of light. My grow room is 4 foot by 10 foot by 8 foot high. I am maintaining a temp of 75 degrees and have good ventilation. I started my seeds using the wet paper towel method and once spouted put them in jiffy pots with a potting soil grow medium. They have been under the grow spectrum for 18 hours on and 6 hours off each day. They are about two weeks old now and are 1.5 to 2 inches high. Some have flopped over and some have developed a brown/yellow color on the tips of the first sun leaves. I have been watering them with a half strength solution of Miracle Grow plant food once every day. From reading other threads, I am somewhat surmising that I might be over watering and that I should check the ph of the run off. Any suggestions or directions will be greatly appreciated.
Captain Bud

:welcome: to :420:

Yeah, I would back off on the water until the soil dries out quite a bit, that's probably why they have flopped over. You have to take care with LED lighting because the soil doesn't lose as much moisture due to evaporation so it is easier to over water. It's normal to loose the first set of leaves, the cotyledons. I wouldn't worry too much about pH this early in the grow unless you suspect there is an issue with your soil.

Back
Top Bottom