First Time Grower - Auto Flowering

Czecho

Hi guys,

This is my first time growing so I decided to start a journal right away so I can keep my mistakes to the minimum and share a my experience.

I wanted to ask for tips for my set up but I got a little anxious and the seeds already germinated.

Up to Know I...
- Germinated the seeds and planted them in the pots.
- Watered the pots till some water run from the bottom.
- Turned on the light, cycle 18/6 (usually the lights are ON during the night)

CONDITIONS
Bucket Size - Not Sure, I will be checking soon.
Medium - Enriched soil (soil + compost). Bought it this way.
Lights - 150W LED Lights

Strain - Big Bang Autoflowering (Feminised) 2 Plants.
Nutrients - I wasn't planning on adding.

Room - Small bathroom with one covered window. I have a backup "fan" for ventilation although I would not be able to pull any air from outside. The only aperture is the space below the door a the sewage.

Taking into account I am using LED I was hoping for the room not to get too hot, although summer is starting here and that might be a problem.

--------------------

Any toughts or suggestions? Are the lights to far away?

FYI I think I screwed it while planting the seeds too deep, around 1.5 inches.

Thanks!

PS I realized the pictures were sideways after uploading them. I will fix this next time.

photo_3224.JPG
photo_2_1_18.JPG
photo_1_1_19.JPG

Re: First Time Grower: Auto Flowering

Just a quick update...

The first two seeds died unfortunately, or at least I think so. I dug them too deep and after 5 days or so I try to remove some soil without much success. I left those pots in the room just in case the seeds are still there.

Now... while I was waiting I putted another seed in water during the night and planted it in a separate pot. After two days the seed sprout! I havent named her by the way. Heres the picture. I am going to upload a couple more later without the light on.

Finally, I just planted seed number 4 after it was in water around 18 hours... I hope it survives.

Thanks!
photo549.JPG

Hi guys, hope you are all doing great.

Finally I am uploading good (or so) pictures.

Quick Update, still waiting for seed number 4. I do not have a fan on in the grow room but I am planning to get one.

On another note, I decided to keep the lights on during the day (as the led dont produce too much heat) and in this way I will be able to leave the door open and the window from the room open as well.

I was wondering... in the plant, I have something green on the soil, should I worry about it? (pic 3)

Thanks and have a good day!

photo_4180.JPG
photo_3_1_14.JPG
photo_2286.JPG
photo_1340.JPG

Hey there!

That doesn't look like some good quality soil you got there and first time seeing this greenish, whatever it is. I recommend that you get some better soil and that you do a transplant (my opinion). The deficiency though could be caused by shortage of nutes that the soil comes with too, not sure!

Subbed, good luck!

your plant looks good. I would let the soil dry out. once it's dry I have a "trick" to aerate the soil. once the soil is dry, water with a mix of water and hydrogen peroxide.

how many watts is that led?

Thanks! That was exactly my though after going through several posts. This was the explanation (at least to me) that make the most sense: GGrant Postl

So... today I transplanted it to a better, more airy, soil. I added a little more of peat moss to the original mix just in case. After transplanting it I watered with around 4lts (1+ gallons) of water with half cup of fertilizer and half a tbspoon of h2o2.

I hope this works.

Now, any idea how much time I should wait to transplant the little one?

photo_4186.JPG
photo_3238.JPG
photo_2293.JPG
photo_1346.JPG

your plant looks good. I would let the soil dry out. once it's dry I have a "trick" to aerate the soil. once the soil is dry, water with a mix of water and hydrogen peroxide.

how many watts is that led?

Thanks! Just what I did, after re-potting I added h2o2 to the water. (half tbs for 1+ gallons)

Regarding the leds, there are 50 3W leds = 150W.

Heres the complete info:

Light Source: LED Bulbs
Wattage: 150
Color leds: Red,Orange,White,Blue,etc,
Lumens:>=3300 lm

Red 1 630nm 30

Red 2 660nm 5

Orange 610nm 5

Royal Blue 450nm 5

White 14000K 5

Thanks! That was exactly my though after going through several posts. This was the explanation (at least to me) that make the most sense: GGrant Postl

So... today I transplanted it to a better, more airy, soil. I added a little more of peat moss to the original mix just in case. After transplanting it I watered with around 4lts (1+ gallons) of water with half cup of fertilizer and half a tbspoon of h2o2.

I hope this works.

Now, any idea how much time I should wait to transplant the little one?

photo_4186.JPG
photo_3238.JPG
photo_2293.JPG
photo_1346.JPG

looking good. that's a big pot. let her dry out between waterings :)

if I were you I would add some cfls. each 23 watt bulb adds 1600 lumens

looking good. that's a big pot. let her dry out between waterings :)

if I were you I would add some cfls. each 23 watt bulb adds 1600 lumens

Hi All,

I added one CFL (as you can see in the picture) and I will shortly add another one. Should it make a difference?

Its a 43 watt cfl. 2650 lumens, Crolor: 6500k (white light)

Both CFLs are white as I think thats the best to use for veg, and the LEDs looked red enough.

Thanks,

Note:
1. After taking the picture I lowered the CFL.
2. I havent watered the plant since the re potting.

photo_1_1_22.JPG

hell yes it'll make a difference!

what is that socket you used to hang it called and how much was it?

the cfl should be about 6 inches away from the plants.

hell yes it'll make a difference!

what is that socket you used to hang it called and how much was it?

the cfl should be about 6 inches away from the plants.

Hi breal,

Plants seem to be doing good, I was too lazy to turn move the plants to take proper pictures. That said, the socket I am using is a Ceramic e27, made in china. Its standard, you can see it in the picture below.

Also, I added the second CFL. I think I will be having temperature problems soon. I wasn't expecting the lights to get this hot. Temperatures (taken with a temperature gun pointing at the soil) are at ~78, but currently we are having cold days (luckily). Its going to get hot real soon here, we are in summer. I am expecting a 4'' ventilation fan that I was planning to set up in the window but I have no idea when it will arrive or how longer can I wait.

I will be posting pictures of the gals soon.

1. Do you think I should transplant the other one? even thou it hasn't shown any bad signs yet.

2. From now on, when I water the plants, do I need to see water coming from the bottom of the pot to know when to stop?

Thanks!:thanks:

e27-ceramic-socket_1.jpg
photo_1_2_27.JPG

awesome setup dude. this should be cool grow to watch. ill be here if you need any help :thumb:

Hi All,

I just wanted to give you an update on how things are going.

Today it was a hot day but the gals seem to be doing great! I am hoping the vent arrives soon.

I haven't transplanted the little one and I am still thinking if I should, she is doing fine. Yesterday I watered the little one with nutes and I had a lot of run off water... I was expecting much more absorption. Now that I think about it... I should had stop at the first signs of run off.

Well here are the pictures I took yesterday, enjoy!

BTW, I was doing the maths and the older one (red pot) must be 20 days since sprout.

photo_2_1_21.JPG
photo_3_1_15.JPG
photo_5120.JPG
photo_4_1_7.JPG

looking good. yes, do stop at the first sign of runoff. also, let the soil dry out between waterings. I think those pots are big enough for the amount of light you're using.

Hi All,

A quick update. Plants seem to be doing good, the older one is a little bit yellowish for my taste but I will wait.

Both plants had been watered with the same water.

BTW, Its going to get really hot over the weekend here. I hope they survive, any tips for this? (I added a fan to the room, and the door is always open.

One last thing, they are supposed to be the same seed, although they seem a little different to me.

Thanks,

photo_2300.JPG
photo_3243.JPG
photo_1355.JPG

photo_2-110.JPG
photo_1355.JPG

photo_5121.JPG
photo_1-110.JPG

Hi all, I could use your help right now.

I cant get the big lady back to a proper green... recently it was getting lighter, brown tips, and I flushed her in the hope that the ph was to low. I recently realized the nutes I was using lower the ph of the water. A couple of days went by and I watered w/nutes (using the same water/nutes preparation I used to water the small on a day ago) and it didnt improved.

I am afraid it might die! Thanks,

photo_1364.JPG
photo_3248.JPG
photo_4196.JPG
photo_2308.JPG

definitely not gonna die, just hungry. let her dry out first though! she cant get get oxygen and nutes when the soils too wet. peroxide can restore oygen to the soil, restart the porousness of it. you might wanna try it out next time shes dry. im gonna say 1 oz of peroxide to every 4-8 oz? LOL

ive down this before. trust me :rofl:

they look great. how far do you keep the cfls? they might do better at the sides of the plants to encourage it to branch out

Back
Top Bottom