First Time Grower AutoFlowers

RaeRizzle420

First time grower here of auto flowers my seeds just touched down today so i'm Geeked and ready to get started.

Heres What im working with:

Box Size: 1ft 11''x 2ft 4''x 11"
Soil: Fox Farm potting soil plain nothing added to it.. or should i add something to it..?
Seeds: Northern Lights and Damnesia from GYO seedbank
Lights: 3 100w cfl 6500k bulbs and 3 60w 2700k bulbs.. 6 bulb setup..bulbs are in a 65k 27k 65k 27k 65k 27k setup.. read you can set them up like that or would i have to have all 65k bulbs for veg and all 27k bulbs for flowering..?
Nutes: General Hydroponics Flora Series.. Flora-grow, Flora-bloom, Flora-micro
PH: PH up and down

20161222_132152.jpg

ANY HELP WITH THIS AND THE QUESTIONS I'VE ASKED WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANK YOU.

Hey! I'm new to the growing scene, still on my first grow actually! From the studying I've done (wish I'd study as much in school as I did for growing haha) the spectrums are fine to use both. Timing of lights on and off would be more crucial but the plants do benefit from one spectrum more so than the other in vegging and flowering, respectively.

Also your soil is perfect, don't add any nutes for a while or it'll harm the plant. Just PH'd water when it needs it. Don't water often! Very common mistake.

What is that in the center of the pots with the sprite bottle?

it is a small humidifier to keep the humidity in check it was way low before i put that in there it was in the low 30s high 20s.. now it stays between 55 and 41.. going to pick up more bulbs tomorow that way i can run the same 6 for veg and the same 6 for flowering. was also going to run 18/6 i have lights on timer.. thank you for your input.. i wish i would have studied like this in school also would have made straight A's..lol

I need to get myself a small humidifier too. I average out in the 30s. Trying to see where I can find a cheap one.

So i wake up today check my seedlings and bada bing.. one has tap root and ready to be planted.. i planted it gave it about 4-5ml of water.. totally scared im going to over water.. and drown the little thing.. but super excited to see what becomes.. i germinated another seed thinking the 2nd seed.. was a dud.. but ill give it a few more days im patient but impatient at the same time.. just hope one of the 2 seeds left germs.. if both do not sure what to do with the 3rd.. so i guess this is day 1

Looks great. Your product lineup looks fantastic. The only recommendation I would make is swap out those CFLs for some Philips LED bulbs with the domes cut off. They use half the wattage and produce twice the Lux. Pulse have a better par value and give off almost no heat.
This is a 23w CFL (100w equivalent) tested with Galatica for iPhone.
420-magazine-mobile1719528664.jpg

This is the Philips 12W LED (100w equivalent) 5000k. $7.00 at Home Depot
420-magazine-mobile998447053.jpg

Both test results were with lights 10 inches from canopy. You can go as close is 4 inches on mature plants.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Would it matter that those leds.. don't hit.. 65k..? Wouldn't I be losing light if I use those..?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks great. Your product lineup looks fantastic. The only recommendation I would make is swap out those CFLs for some Philips LED bulbs with the domes cut off. They use half the wattage and produce twice the Lux. Pulse have a better par value and give off almost no heat.
This is a 23w CFL (100w equivalent) tested with Galatica for iPhone.
420-magazine-mobile1719528664.jpg

This is the Philips 12W LED (100w equivalent) 5000k. $7.00 at Home Depot
420-magazine-mobile998447053.jpg

Both test results were with lights 10 inches from canopy. You can go as close is 4 inches on mature plants.

Do you have a picture of the lights? I'd benefit from the lack of heat. I live in a warm area so it's hard keeping the box under 90F sometimes with just 4 cfls.

Once the plant is a month you can safely move the light 4" from the plant. The 100w puts out 5900 Lux at 4".
420-magazine-mobile157764538.jpg

Quick update: Checked on soil of plant #2 and its still moist just going to let the seedling do its thing. also checked the other 2 seeds still germinating welp being the impatient/patient person that i am i germed another seed thinking my first one was a dud.. so ill have an extra seed and nothing to do with no room anywhere in the box to place it.. or i could squeeze it in the box in a smaller pot and hope for the best.. i just don't wanna get rid of it. kinda like throwing money down the drain. so if ya have an idea of what i can do with the extra just let me know. have a smoketastic day

So today has been a bummer and blessing.. Get up make coffee..(YESS).. i hear a oh no.. there is smoke coming from your box.. im like its just the humidifer chill out.. then a NO !.. for real come and look.. i go in room check my box top to bottom open doors looking at plants checking behind them all that and then BOO.. my gf hiding in the closet next to me.. jumps out scares me and i just so happen to knock my pot over in the jump scare...:jawdropper::jawdropper::oops::oops::rip: soil all over the floor. seed nowhere to be found i tell you this chick as awesome and nice but she is almost caught the fist of a 100 thousand dudes..( NAW i cant do that) but after i cried a little inside.. i remembered i had an extra seed still in germination.. so i go to check on both (2nd seed was taking a little longer than the first) of them and sure enough there both popped and have nice tap roots so both are planted 1 of them again and the other for the first time. i misted the soil real good and put a small tuppawear container over both as a humidity dome.. the strains now are blueberry bliss auto.. and not sure of the other bc i put both in the same cup at the start and didnt label them anyway.. so if they both survive *fingers crossed.. it'll be BB Bliss and either Electric Fruit or Damnesia.. welp lets hope thats enough B.S. for the day hope everyone has a Smoketastic day.

Welp.. checked on my girls after a long day at work and bada bing.. We got action.. i was looking and seen something green in the soil.. a small little sprout with the shell still intact.. so hoping it falls off. im sooooo stoked.. my first time ever growing something let alone some cannabis. just hoping everything goes the way its supposed to go..
20161229_222917.jpg
20161229_222938.jpg

I need to get myself a small humidifier too. I average out in the 30s. Trying to see where I can find a cheap one.
You can make a poor mans humidifier by taking a large bath towel dunk it in water and put it in a bucket and put it in the grow box I used this method for a couple of weeks before I got my humidifier.

quick update: checked on my girls today and the blueberry has emerged from the grown and is looking good. so both plants are out of the ground i checked soil gave them a little watering with 6.5 ph water only and just sitting back letting them do there thing.

20161231_120155.jpg
20161231_120212.jpg
20161231_120224.jpg

these are pics of the blueberry bliss auto

20161231_120256.jpg
20161231_120519.jpg
20161231_120529.jpg

these are the pics of the mystery seed we are going to call her mary.. mary has some leaves looking like there ready to pop out.

how often should i water my seedlings..? dont wanna over water i use the finger method but its dry damp.. any extra advice would be awesome.. thanks

Back
Top Bottom