First time grower, choosing a strain

kenstinks

Hello, forum!

My friend on the east coast is thinking about her first indoor grow. She doesn't have a lot of space and would like to start with a couple smaller plants. She likes focused, inspired and creative highs but would also be open to something with a strong body high. She's thinking about growing in soil, but she hasn't settled on a mix yet. She'd like to keep the grow to herself, so something not too stinky would be preferred.

Help her choose a nice strain for her first time growing?

Have her look up seedfinder, it's a very good website with strain reports from around the world. It has an effects chart, a flavour chart and an odor chart as well as all pertinent info and description of over 1000strains.

Have her look up seedfinder, it's a very good website with strain reports from around the world. It has an effects chart, a flavour chart and an odor chart as well as all pertinent info and description of over 1000strains.

Thanks for replying!

She's looking at the site, but it's overwhelming for a beginner and she doesn't really know where to start. Got any suggestions to point her in the right direction?

Well the characteristics that she wants point mostly to sativa type strains, but the heavy body high is primarily an indica trait. I would almost suggest growing two really simple plants. 1 mostly sativa, 1 mostly indica. But keep in mind the flowering time. You want them to finish around the same time or you will be wasting space. For a sativa dominant strain I would recommend something like C99 (Cindy 99(Cinderella 99)) It's good with all the things you've mentioned. "

For the indica.... well the only indica I really ever grew was Blueberry and it was amazing! Not simple to grow, but the smoke was so worth it.

I whole heartedly agree with the above poster in regards to C99 - Cindy. It is a short and bushy plant. Even the clone will have two or three side branches. Great for indoor as you don't want them too tall.
She is also very hearty. Resistant to bugs, mold, etc. They seem to be a hungry plant, requiring more of everything throughout its life cycle. More N, more micronutes. But she will reward you with a lot of flowers. Smaller buds, but hard and dense.
If grown and harvested correctly it is a mild, somewhat sweet smoke that relaxes and relieves pain.

Good luck with your first grow. Come back here with questions or problems (there are ALWAYS problems). Someone is almost always around with good advice.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom