First Time Grower - Coco/Indoor/Auto Question

MedicinaI420

Hello 420magazine,

This will be my first time using a forum in regards to medicinal personal cultivation. I currently am on my first grow, 7 days from sprout.

I have a complete 5x5 tent setup with ventilation, fan speed controller, and air cooled 600 Watt mh/hps, circulating fan, hygrometer and testing pens, humidifier, (9) 3 gallon smart pots 65% full with 75 coco 25 perlite mixed, washed and buffered with distilled wtr and gh flora series performance pack line up at 1/4 plus 1/2 calimagic (5.9 Ph/250ppm).

I had the air cooled 600 Watt mh 36 inches above coco 24 hours on for first 7 days while lowering lights to 20 inches above top of plants couple inches a day. Lights are now on 19 hours and off 5 hours on timer. I have classical music playing 24/7 in the tent.

Temp in tent is 73-79 and humidity 45-60% (baby nursery humidifier running 24/7). Plants watered a cup each once a day or half a cup each twice a day one hour after lights on. Feeding with same nutrient line up at 5.8-6.0 Ph and 220-300ppm around the seedlings without run off. Soon it will be 1/2 instead of 1/4 str with 20% run off.

This grow consists of seeds from Crop King Seeds. Currently have 3 Northern Lights, 2 trainwreck (1 pot has two tw that I couldn't separate tap roots in pt, so 3 tw in total), 4 early miss, all auto. I've encountered a couple issues such as nutrient burn and issues with the light distance but all seems smooth now, all but early miss (4 days behind) are a few inches tall with second node I believe and first 3 finger leaves forming.

I will be using this forum for my questions and possibly pictures depending on security and what not.

My current question is as follows :

I have an early miss seedling that is 3 days from sprout that is dark green, curled down leaves and not progressing like it should, I haven't been too concerned since there is 8 (9 really) more plants but I've been taking my best care of all the ladies. Today I noticed a green growth almost leaf like growing a few inches from the seedling through the soil completely separate from the seedling. I would like to know if anyone has experience with what this is and possibly issues with my seedling. This seedling has the same soil, nutrients everything as her sisters so not too sure what's up with that.

I am sorry about the detailed message but I feel it could save time on some questions.

Much appreciated folks!

Well I would suspect a male if your seeds were not Feminised seeds, maybe a hermie but doubt that if they haven't suffered much.

Red.

These are feminized auto seeds. I am several weeks from preflower to show sex regardless. Not sure what the plants sex, which is female, has to do with my question. Thanks for your help anyways.

I'll explain then, I grew some GDP seeds which are regular seeds and one turned out to be something totally unlike the norm, it grew differently and much more bulky, eventually when it went to flower it showed itself to be male, so I was just was trying to help you find a possible answer to your problem as, hey ho, you live and learn.

I understand. This seedling is growing just fine like the others, I am noticing a single green root/leaf (looks like a blade of grass) growing from the coco an inch from the plant, not attached to the seedling which is growing normal other than darker green then I would like. If anyone else has experience or knowledge with what I am talking about that would be great. I may upload pictures later.

It doesn't happen much but people have gotten twins before in one seeds. I'm guessing that prob. What we got here. Take some pictures I would love to see that! And btw my last grow I had a runt just like you and I let it go and it def. wasn't worth it. Should have just used another clone. Just my 2 cents. Happy growing!
---GL---

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom