First time grower coming to the end of my first run

Damn how do I adjust temps and humidity like that?
If you look at the pics that are on my journal, you will see 2 meters, 1 is for humidity and the other is for heat and cooling. I run my extraction fan off of which ever one I need. If its too hot, the meter runs the fan. If its too humid the meter runs the fan and draws in lower humidity air. Thats what works for me in the cave. It's not perfect but it is effective.

Damn how do I adjust temps and humidity like that?
Its going to vary with each setup.
But in general you need a way to cool, in my case I use my house AC.
You need a way to heat, which I use the lights themselves, the dehumidifier heats pretty good and the house furnace if its just plain cold.
You need a way to lower the humidity like a dehumidifier.
You need fans.
You need a humidifier.
Also by raising the humidity you can lower the temp a degree or two.

Just have to have a way to adjust all the parameters and figure what works for your setup

If you look at the pics that are on my journal, you will see 2 meters, 1 is for humidity and the other is for heat and cooling. I run my extraction fan off of which ever one I need. If its too hot, the meter runs the fan. If its too humid the meter runs the fan and draws in lower humidity air. Thats what works for me in the cave. It's not perfect but it is effective.
That’s awesome. Will have to look at getting a similar set up in mine

Shall I chop them now then? Am I right in thinking they start producing seeds towards the end of their life?
Well, what do you want to do? They (the flowers) can still be dried and smoked as usual. You just have to pick out the seeds before you grind because seeds are not at all pleasant to smoke, and can cause your hots to pop off sometimes.

Shall I chop them now then? Am I right in thinking they start producing seeds towards the end of their life?
I recently saw an implication of that, but I was puzzled by it - as far as I know they produce seeds when they are exposed to pollen - whether from a male plant or a hermaphrodite or semi-hermaphrodite plant. If one of those things exists in the space with your plants, you will likely have a great many seeds, they are already there, chopping the plant wont make them go away now.
The only thing I could think of even sort of like that is I guess the possibility of a plant going 'hermie' at the end and producing her own pollen in a last desperate attempt to make seed, but ... seeds are not instant, so if it happened, and you have actual seeds, it was done quite some time ago.

I recently saw an implication of that, but I was puzzled by it - as far as I know they produce seeds when they are exposed to pollen - whether from a male plant or a hermaphrodite or semi-hermaphrodite plant. If one of those things exists in the space with your plants, you will likely have a great many seeds, they are already there, chopping the plant wont make them go away now.
The only thing I could think of even sort of like that is I guess the possibility of a plant going 'hermie' at the end and producing her own pollen in a last desperate attempt to make seed, but ... seeds are not instant, so if it happened, and you have actual seeds, it was done quite some time ago.
Cannabis will self pollinate if left to flower for an extended time to ensure its survival. How much and how long it takes, I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom