420 Magazine Background

First Time Grower-First Time Fluxing (Oh yeah...did I mention it's an auto-flower)

Thread starter #1
Greetings fellow growers! Afroman here and I'm probably in WAY over my head. I'm a first time grower attempting my hand at "fluxing", or as others refer to, a very extensive alternative to mainlining. This technique is tested and proven to provide a generous mass of product in the end. For the most part, experienced growers have suggested I stick to a more novice plan of attack, but I'm stubborn and don't like people telling me what to do so here we are. Oh yeah, as far as stubborn goes, I've decided to try this with an auto-flower. I'm pretty sure I lost count of all the reviews and other growers suggesting to never attempt fluxing an auto-flower. They also recommended not topping an auto-flower. Well...I'm doing both. :) I've accepted the fact that this could end in complete and utter failure due to my own ignorence, but I fully intent on making this work and proving the doubters wrong! Let's get this thing started!!

Strain: Auto Flowering Blueberry (Growers Choice Seeds)
Strain Genetics: Afghani x Thai x Purple Thai
Blend: 80% Indica/10$ Sativa/10$ Ruderalis

Stage: As of right now, we are in the seedling stage headed into the Veg stage.

Indoor Grow DWC Hydro Grow (cleaning reservior weekly)

Lighting: UFO 50W

Growing in a 2x2x4 tent
RH ranging from 40%-60%
Temp ranging from 70F-80F
Nutrients: GH FloraNova (Grow 7-4-10 & Bloom 4-8-7) - Also mixing Botanicare HYDROGUARD Bacillus Root Inoculant into the reservior solution.

Thread starter #2
From germination to our current status we're about 4 weeks in. Time to get everyone caught up on our little lady Violet. I decided to name her Violet due to her strain (blueberry), and the fact that she will be fluxed expanding her width kinda like the girl who turned into a human blueberry from Willy Wonka. Yes. Her name was Violet...

Attachments

Thread starter #3
What feels like the early days...

Germination Process:

-Soaked the seed in water for 18-20 hours which the taproot was visible.
-Transfered seed into rockwool that was soaked in tap water adjusted to pH 5.8 which I then placed into grow tent with the LED light 24 hrs a day resting in the DWC 5 gl bucket.
-After about 5-7 days, the seedling began to expose itself

Attachments

Thread starter #4
I've taken pictures almost every step of the way, so I'm going to quit beating around the bush and just get you guys fully updated!

I kept the pH between 5.5-6.2 for the most part. Other than a day here or there, the temp has consistenly been between 77F-82F. Included in the pictures, you'll see I basically jury rigged a couple of bicycle water bottle holders into my 5 gl bucket to holster 2 frozen water bottles. In doing so, I've been able to keep the reservior temp around 65F-68F. I replace the frozen bottles before leaving for work at 6am and when I get home at 5pm. Since then, I've modified the rig to prevent roots from getting tangled in the setup. Will post those pictures soon. You'll also see my custom built ScrOG that I'll start to incorporate when the time comes. My nutrient base has been rather simple. I've been adding GH Grow & GH Bloom FloraNova (1 tsp each) and Hydroguard (1 tsp). Keeping things simple until young Violet requests more. These pictures are from the last 3 weeks to now. So far, I've topped her above the third node, and now in the beginning process of fluxing. That's it! From here, I will try my best to keep this journal updated, if not everyday, then every other day. Critique the crap out of me!!!

Attachments

Thread starter #17
Okay guys that's it! Apologies, I now realized I may have went a little overboard with the pictures. I promise i won't do anything like that again. Moving forward should be a better journal as far as daily updates and pictures go. Just wanted to get everything going from day 1 to the present. I hope you all enjoy. See you tomorrow!

Attachments

Mr. Krip

Member of the Month: Sept 2011 - Plant of the Month : Jan 2012
Dude, the plants look great but you won't have much success fluxing an auto, I don't believe. It usually takes a long time in veg to train a flux and autos don't spend much time in veg. If you're gonna do a flux, I HIGHLY recommend it's with a photo AND you plan on a long veg period. ;)

:goodluck:

Amadeus Forzin

Staff member
Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste: