First time grower, first time poster. need help.

JRegan420

I purchased a couple of 150watt HPS lights from a friend, and started working on my first children. I am not in the financial situation to spend a lot of money on my setup, So I have kind of mcgyvered a cabinet, and it seems to be working okay. The cabinet is appx 6 foot tall, 3 feet wide and 2 feet deep. I am using the "ebb and flow" method from what I understand. I am using a single tub filled with the little round rocks, and rockwool as a medium. Theres an 8 gallon bucket pumping the water in and out of the grow bin.

I have 4 fans going for circulation...and the temp is staying right around 80degrees. 2 smaller fans inside the cabinet blowing onto the light and the plants...One fan bringing the cooler air in from the outside bottom, and the other sucking the hot air out of the top.

My plants were doing well for the first few days, and then started taking a turn for the worse. Of the 8-9 plants I started with, only 4-5 of them are still alive. It has been about 2 weeks now, and the plants do not seem to be growing very tall. They have a few sets of leaves, but I am concerned.

I also recently noticed there have been little green worms eating my leaves! I dont know where they could have come from, but they are not very nice! I have to figure out a way to get pictures taken, everytime I go to snap a picture I think my lights make my camera go fuzzy.
Hopefully by tomorrow I will post some pictures...Just understand that this is not an elaborate setup, it is very homemade.

I will be very active on this thread, and open to any suggestions to make my kids grow big and strong.

My mistake...The setup I am using,after doing a little more reading....is the flood and drain technique. I also attached a picture of the worms that had an all you can eat buffet on my poor babies!

I noticed that my leaves were starting to curl downwards, So I moved my light up about 3 more inches. for only being 2 weeks old, I think the 2 or 3 "worm survivors" have a good chance of pulling through this okay.

If anyone would like to help me through my first grow....I would really appreciate it. I think the easiest way to communicate would be through yahoo messenger...that way I can just give you a live stream and visual through my webcam. I have 3 strains germinating right now..and plan on getting them into the heat as soon as possible. Whoever helps me can be the proud godparents of some "Super Skunk, Lemon Skunk, Laughing Buddah, and a mystery bonus seed from the bank!

First off check out the tutorials from Roseman read them and you should have a better idea of what you may need to do ... Good Luck with the worms !! :peace:

hey man dont knock your self on the cab bro we all start out small... i was never a fan of ebb/flo. if this is truely your first time doing this i would find a different easier way to learn, if you only have the 3 surviving then go out and get some 2gal buckets and air pumps. your gunna need to learn ph and ppm if your getting into hydro. if you dont have the meters, ebay has them fairly cheep. sumthin like 10 for the ph meter and 15 for ppm.

Back
Top Bottom