First time grower getting kinda worried over yellowing spots on fan leaves

Your plants look great now. Thank you for the info. I just started my plants on 6/18 and I will also buy some distilled water. I guess I always thought that it was like dead water without any nuts but maybe that is what we need so we can control it. We have had tons of rain and more to come so I will catch it next time. What do you use to add a little more nitrogen to the soil? This is such a great place to be able to find lots of information and thank you for yours.

Hey do you have check the PH of your water? What types are you using to flower? What is your nuts schedule if you don’t mind me asking.

She’s def pretty! She’s Indica Dom hunh??

Mahlon

Your plants look great now. Thank you for the info. I just started my plants on 6/18 and I will also buy some distilled water. I guess I always thought that it was like dead water without any nuts but maybe that is what we need so we can control it. We have had tons of rain and more to come so I will catch it next time. What do you use to add a little more nitrogen to the soil? This is such a great place to be able to find lots of information and thank you for yours.

Hi and thanks :) Yeah this site is great for sharing info! Yeah distilled water is basically pure water so it's easier to control the plants nute intake. If u have let's say very hard water at home, ur plant will prob get to much calcium and other things naturally found in hard tap water. I don't add any extra nitrogen to the soil except for the nutes i apply, my soil is BioBizz LightMix and i use a bit of the BioHeaven micronutrient with every watering and a very small dose BioGrow (Pics on page 1), The BioGrow contains alot of nitrogen so that might be it :) No worries! Love to help if possible :) Have a great day! :Namaste:

PS: Noticed that the BioHeaven Micronutrient contained about 1,3% or 1,6% Nitrogen so i think that's where i'm getting it :)

Hey do you have check the PH of your water? What types are you using to flower? What is your nuts schedule if you don't mind me asking.

She's def pretty! She's Indica Dom hunh??

Mahlon

Hi! Yeah you have to check the PH every time you water (Maybe not if ur not adding any nutrients) I used some bullshit PH meter when i first started and i always got a PH on the nutes with water at about 7 wich is a bit to high, so i bought an electronic PH meter and now i water my plants with a nute solution with a PH of 6.0-6.2 :) Hope that helps!

Thanks she's just starting to recover from lack of manganese and high soil PH :) Yeah it's Barney's Vanilla Kush, 90% Indica me thinks (;

Nute schedule is differing a bit from week to week since this is my first grow and i'm still trying to find the sweet spot hehe, but i watered her with regular water til she got the 2 true leaves and then i started watering with BioBizz RootJuice at 1/4 strength and BioHeaven micronute 1/4 strength for the first 2 week and later switched to Biogrow 1/4 and Bioheaven 2/4 and been using that ever since, adding more BioHeaven as the plant got older and defficient in Manganese in later weeks, Going to use BioBizz TopMax and BioBloom next watering, both at 1/4 strength at first (I've learned that it's better to add to little nutes than to much this grow hehe) Pics of the nutes are on page 1 :) Have a nice day! :Namaste:

I am getting very confused about the PH. The PH with the nut in is a little over 7.5 but after the water runs thru the soil it is then 5.5. It changes so much in the soil. What number do I pay attention to? I know 6.5 is good but do I need to up the water with the nut in it more to maybe 8.5 before watering? I don't really know which one should be 6.5 (before or after)

Lindylynn

I'm growing in soil that I got from a garden nursery. I raise the PH in the water to 7,5 + a little and when it goes through my soil it is then 5.5 in the drain dish at the bottom of the pot.

I'm growing in soil that I got from a garden nursery. I raise the PH in the water to 7,5 + a little and when it goes through my soil it is then 5.5 in the drain dish at the bottom of the pot.

Did u add anything to the soil? Like dolomite lime etc? Sounds to me like ur soil is to acidic, if the water with nutes at a PH of 7.5 gives a runoff with a PH of 5.5. Try getting a soil PH test kit and check ur soil's PH to see if it's to acidic that's the only thing i can come up with. Hope that helps!

Kind regards

Namaste! :)

Oh wow, I hope you can help me; I’ve got a crappy PH kit too, Its got this paper chart and i match the color to the chart and hope its right. But i think I’m suffering from some kind of nutrient burn! I’ve been told so many different things from so many different people: How did you get your plants to recover: are you using CAl-mag?? I started using this because i was told this would help with calcium Deficiency and i was told i had one because the tips of my plants are curling downward; but i recently read this is from NITROGEN Toxicity. So I’m really frustrated because my plants are suffering because of my ignorance. Im still not even sure how to feed my plants; Up until 1 1/2 weeks ago i’ve only given them TAP water, NO PH’d. They were doing fine, but then they started getting these little burn marks on them and they’re leaves started coming in deformed and twisted, kind of wilted looking; then they started curling downward; so i was told i needed nutes, i went out and bought FOX FARMS Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom; I used it and they got worse. So i flushed them yesterday with reg tap water, and i just don’t know where to go from here!
IMG_028637.jpg
IMG_028336.jpg
IMG_027937.jpg
IMG_028431.jpg
IMG_025434.jpg
IMG_023932.jpg
IMG_014735.jpg
IMG_005638.jpg
IMG_36675.JPG
IMG_36713.jpg

if the water with nutes at a PH of 7.5 gives a runoff with a PH of 5.5.

Ok but you never finished this statement... If the water with nutes at a PH of 7.5 gives a runoff with a ph of 5.5. what?? What happens?
So i flushed all my plants yesterday anyway, because i felt they were way too acidic and noone seems to know specifics on how to flush, give proper nutrients, and assess a nutrient burn problem; its incredible!

Ok but you never finished this statement... If the water with nutes at a PH of 7.5 gives a runoff with a ph of 5.5. what?? What happens?
So i flushed all my plants yesterday anyway, because i felt they were way too acidic and noone seems to know specifics on how to flush, give proper nutrients, and assess a nutrient burn problem; its incredible!

Hah sorry was a bit stoned (; Nice looking plants btw! If the water comes out at 5.5 ur soil is likley to acidic or u have something in the soil that's lowering ur PH, if ur soil PH is to low u will have nutrient lockouts and other problems, Think u can raise the PH of the soil with Dolomite Lime. Hope that helps (;

I will give my thoughts on the pics u uploaded in a bit, but from a quick look it looks like ur got ur light to close or that ur reflector/reflective surface is creating hotspots. Again i'm a first time grower so it might be best if u ask someone a bit more experianced hehe :)

Hey I appreciate your thoughts and i asked for your opinion so thats kool .

So can you tell me how to request to speak to an expert about my nutrient issues??

Oh wow, I hope you can help me; I've got a crappy PH kit too, Its got this paper chart and i match the color to the chart and hope its right. But i think I'm suffering from some kind of nutrient burn! I've been told so many different things from so many different people: How did you get your plants to recover: are you using CAl-mag?? I started using this because i was told this would help with calcium Deficiency and i was told i had one because the tips of my plants are curling downward; but i recently read this is from NITROGEN Toxicity. So I'm really frustrated because my plants are suffering because of my ignorance. Im still not even sure how to feed my plants; Up until 1 1/2 weeks ago i've only given them TAP water, NO PH'd. They were doing fine, but then they started getting these little burn marks on them and they're leaves started coming in deformed and twisted, kind of wilted looking; then they started curling downward; so i was told i needed nutes, i went out and bought FOX FARMS Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom; I used it and they got worse. So i flushed them yesterday with reg tap water, and i just don't know where to go from here!

Hi again! Did you give your plants a full recommended dosage of the nutrients? That's way to much, i generally go with 1/5-1/4 rec dosage. My problems also got alot worse when i started adding the BioGrow nute, tho i added to much the first time i gave her (full rec dose) and she got worse and worse untill i flushed her with PH'd water at 6.2-6.5 and transplanted her into a bigger pot with some new soil to wich i added Dolomite Lime for calcium and magnesium. About 3 days after the transplant she started to recover very well, still getting those yellow spots on the leaves that i posted in the first post but as i said before i think it's an VPD/RH issue that u can live with. Do you mist your plants during lights on? I'm having a humidifyer inside the tent and i think thats why im getting those spots. About the leaves curling down, that could be a nute deficency but im not sure, my plant's tips are different every day, some days they curl upwards, other days theyre fine and other days they curl downwards. Don't have to be something with the nutes i think (Tho not sure) As im just a first time grower aswell so i can't offer you much advice other then what i've read online since i haven't experienced alot of issues myself. The only thing i DO know from experience, is that it's better to give your plants to little nutrients rather than to much since it's easier to attend. I'm not using Calmag i'm using Dolomite lime instead and it's worked wonders so far, Tap water is fine for small plants but kinda need to be at the right PH or it can cause the soil to fluctuate in PH. Tho i started using the RootJuice nute (Dose at 1/5) when the true leaves emerged and used it for about 2 weeks before i started using the other micronutrient. It's really important that u PH the water u flush with, else it can cause alot of problems with the soil if it goes in either to alkaline or acidic. I would also recommend giving them a very low dose of nutrients when they're that small, otherwise u will likely build up more nutes in the soil then the roots can absorb and that aint to good. On how you get in contact with an expert for help, i don't really know. When i posted this thread i got lots of good help from people who are good at growing, try posting a thread asking for help :) Hope ur plants recover! (Tho they don't look bad at all imo (; )

Have a nice day!

Nylom, I think that there is an error in your first chart. The range for calcium is from 100-150 PPM yet the average states 200 PPM. Great information!

Haha ur right! Didn't notice that, but good u pointed it out :) Yeah it's amazing how great info u can get from forums like these :) Actually think all these pics are from threads around this forum except maybe a few, so credit goes to the skilled people of 420mag for the superb info hehe (;

Have a great day/night whatever it is where u live (;

Hi again! Got a new unrelated issue so thought i'd ask u guys what u think.
So here is the story, my baby is doing well and after 4 weeks of veg (Bit to long i think) i put her on a 12/12 cycle, when i first changed the lights she was about 1 feet tall. Now 9 days later she is almost 2 feet tall! Don't get me wrong i think its great that she's gaining some well needed height but i'm starting to run out of room in my grow tent.
So my question: Does indicas tend to gain height all thru the flowering or just for the first 2 weeks? If she keeps growing vertically at this rate for 5 more weeks i'm gonna end up with a damn tree lol.

Here's a pic:
IMAG038918.jpg

As u can see i aint got that much space left vertically so hope she's done growing that way hehe (;

Thanks in advance for any replys! Have a nice day/night :)

Kind Regards!

Back
Top Bottom