First time grower - Have quite a few problems

jman827

This is my first grow and I am having a few problems.. I went all out I feel on the setup and some of my plants aren't turning out too great. 3 out of 5 of them have these rusty spots on them and the leaves are some what drooping.

I don't know what to do. I always feed with tap water and put it to 6.5 ph before i feed them and I never used nutrients yet but I do have the Fox Farm Trio kit and I am already tempted to start using it to see if my plants would improve or not. I use fox farm soil and its been a total of 26 days since the seeds were planted. I have them all in 5 gal pot with 600w mh and the strain is afghan x skunk (Green Crack). What do you guys think I should do? I don't want to decrease the yield at all.

Im running 5 plants total 4 are feminized and 1 is random seed i got extra from seed bank. I also own a SCROG net thats 3.5x3.5 thats 12in tall. Should i already be using that? Im so lost in this grow because My leaves are starting to look like shit some of them with the rust spots and taco leaves.

What do you guys think I should do to improve this grow and get the full potential i could out of it.

Thanks guys. (Sorry for sounding like a complete dumbass but Im not im just really lost lbs). Toke up!

hows it going jman nice set i would up start feeding the plant soon the plant stores food for two weeks after that the plant wants food so when you feed for the first time just go easy under dose the firtz do half strength just to give the plants a taste then on your next feeding go full strength but thats not your problem looks like your humility is off looks super dry sucking the water out of the leaves making them wrinkle do you have a fan in there pushing air around ?

Appears you`ve over watered these plants, might not have enough ventilation and you`re doing whatever you think is right, not really paying attention to what you should do. Growing MMJ isn`t easy. First, tell us abt your set up, do you have any pics to view? Second, how often are you watering and what are you feeding these plants? Do you have a fan in that grow area? How many hours a day are you keeping the lights on?
Don`t water again, for at least 10 days...

I post pictures of my setup in my gallery on my profile. I posted a link because I'm not sure how to have the pictures posted on the comments due to me using my phone.

heres my main concern: I have no idea how to help a sick plant all my plants have some yellow spots aka rust spots and I don't know a proper way to fix the ph level in the soil. Anyone have an idea i would greatly appreciate it. I believe my ph is off on all my plants because I have a ph meter and its accuracy is shit bc it keeps giving different reading so i never really adjust ph in the soil only in the water i feed them with.

is it bad to not wait 24 hours for the tap water? Normally once i fill up watering can i go and use it.

Thanks everyone for your replies and feedback its super great to hear from other growers. Anyways i have 1 240w can fan pushing thru the 600w light which does exhaust with that 1 can fan as well. I also have the exact same inline can fan for the intake on the plants. I feel my ph is off and people tell me to flush with ph'd water of 6.6 on my 5 gallon pots til it fixes it self. Now im not sure if thats correct but my goal is a straight POUND so anyone's help or advice is AWESOME so please let me know what to do if you have an idea.

Time to roll up a blunt after all this typing lol

what you need to do is a full flush to start all over that the good thing with growing I'm soil if you mess up its a easy fix not to worry i don't like digital PH tester you need to clabrit it all the time to make sure its right or this will happen to your pants it happen to me i like the water PH tester fill it up 3 drops math it up and your good you can find then at the fish store easy, so do a flush get you PH in check asap or the hole grow will be like this

How much gallons of water should i run thru the 5 gallon pots so i can start buying a bunch of buckets to hold the tap water for 24 hours because i havent been doing that.

Does anyone know how accurate the water is from runoff when you pour 7.0 water in the pot? Im trying to make sure my ph always stays were it should be.

How much gallons of water should i run thru the 5 gallon pots so i can start buying a bunch of buckets to hold the tap water for 24 hours because i havent been doing that.

Does anyone know how accurate the water is from runoff when you pour 7.0 water in the pot? Im trying to make sure my ph always stays were it should be.

You will want to run 15-20 gallons of fresh water through a five gallon pot to perform a proper flush.

Testing the run off water should be pretty acurate as long as your water is a low ppm and at pH7

when you flush a 5 gallon pot run 3 gallons of water more is better the last gallon make sure you PH it the first two gallons i don't PH the water i should but i don't its flushing i think its a waste of PH. To fix the PH in the soil you can add stuff to the soil to fix it pH can be lowered by half a point—from 7.0 to 6.5, for example—by increasing soil nitrogen. Adding compost, manure, or organic soil amendments like alfalfa meal to the soil can help drop pH over time by increasing bacterial populations.

There's a myth that coffee grounds are a quick fix for lowering soil pH. Most of the organic acids in coffee are water-soluble, and flush out into the brew. Coffee grounds have a pH around 6.8, close to neutral, so they won't do much to lower pH. They do add a little nitrogen, so they can help reduce pH over time, just like manure or compost.

If you need to drop soil pH more quickly, try watering your plants with leftover (cold) coffee, diluted 50-50 with water. This works especially well for houseplants and container vegetables. and i think lime ash works good but I'm sure your hydro store has something over the counter to buy

All I really have to use is ph up and down for the tap water (to help level out the ph in the soil) and I have the fox farm nutrient trio. I dont think im ready yet for adding organic stuff to the soil. I feel like id mess up and people tell me my soil is hot due to how many nutrients it has in it (foxfarm ocean forest). If I would've knowm about dolminite lime from the beginning of planting the seeds i wouldve mixed it in but now i guess its too late because you have to literally mix it in (probably mis spelled that lol) i wouldve used it to allow the soil become a buffering system which would of been so helpful.

I post pictures of my setup in my gallery on my profile. I posted a link because I'm not sure how to have the pictures posted on the comments due to me using my phone.

heres my main concern: I have no idea how to help a sick plant all my plants have some yellow spots aka rust spots and I don't know a proper way to fix the ph level in the soil. Anyone have an idea i would greatly appreciate it. I believe my ph is off on all my plants because I have a ph meter and its accuracy is shit bc it keeps giving different reading so i never really adjust ph in the soil only in the water i feed them with.

is it bad to not wait 24 hours for the tap water? Normally once i fill up watering can i go and use it.

First, TAP WATER is out! Distilled water is now in. Next, we go out and buy the right potting soil, and perlite mixture so we can stablize your PH issues. next, we start with 1-1.5 tsp of CAL/MAG mixed with A good NUTE like Big Grow. When was the last time you watered? Whatever you do, STOP watering them effective now...
My thinks, you`re attempting to do everything at once and you`ve put your girls into shock... In order to grow you need to have a system, where everything is in place and you have the proper tools (Soil, Ferts, Nutes, Water, Lightening, Ventilation) etc....

If you`re a Beginner, I feel this guy is one of the best to learn from..
When i first started i watched his vids and absorbed all i could...We all make mistakes at first, so don`t worry.... Once you get the hang of it you`ll be fine. It may take you one or two times to figure it out, but, you will..:)

Back
Top Bottom