First time grower having an issue with a plant

Damage from fungus gnats possibly. It can show up as multiple deficiencies...distorted leaves with necrosis.
Mosquito bits added to feed water 24 hrs prior will get rid of them. They can spread pythium to plants so you want to get them under control asap.

This also brings up that you are not letting your plants dry enough between watering. Fungus gnats are an excellent indicator of this in soil grows. You want the top 2"-3" to be bone dry so they can't survive. They will sometimes find another way in through drain holes. The mosquito bits will work for these sneaky ones too. It will break the life cycle. Sticky taps at the soil level will take care of any adults.
Thankyou for the info what is mosquito bits?

I’m beginning to get frustrated I’m not sure what I am doing wrong but the plants haven’t really responded in a good way

Attachments

• F4A82C6D-61F7-4EA3-8087-BE21D8C3F726.jpeg
    F4A82C6D-61F7-4EA3-8087-BE21D8C3F726.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 52
  • FE8E9A88-F7E7-41F7-990F-54EE09A6A7A0.jpeg
    FE8E9A88-F7E7-41F7-990F-54EE09A6A7A0.jpeg
    603 KB · Views: 47
  • E10028D2-C7A4-4A44-B2F2-F1CC93B87EA3.jpeg
    E10028D2-C7A4-4A44-B2F2-F1CC93B87EA3.jpeg
    660.9 KB · Views: 51
After some more research and eliminating water and ph I think my culprit is my fan for circulating air in the box. Going to keep it unplugged for the night and see if the plants react

Thankyou ordered some and also got sand coming too to do the first inch in sand have you ever used sand before?
No I haven't. They can still get in through the drain holes.
Don't need to with the bits. They hold bacterial cultures that interrupt the lifecycle of the gnats. The bits populate your feed water. You want them to sit in water for at least 24 hrs before use.

I’m beginning to get frustrated I’m not sure what I am doing wrong but the plants haven’t really responded in a good way

I had a similar problem on my first grow. Make sure PH is around 6.0-7.0, I try to stay around 6.0 PH. Also Soil already has nutes and you have to compensate for this or you will get nute lock where the plant isn't taking water or nutes from the roots.

Next time soil dries out or dry atleast from the top of soil down 1-2 inches. Try to water with just PH water around 6.0. Don't use nutes the next time. This will clear the roots and should bounce back. The plants are drooping from over watering. Don't water soil grows daily be patient with it (I only watered my soil grow 2-3x a week with 5-6ft plants), it might take a week or so for the plant to fully use up all the water, especially if it's small and in nute lock.

I've found that once a plant is stressed, it could take 1-3 weeks to bounce back and you will need to cut off any dead areas to promote growth in good areas but wait to cut until it's completely dead. At this point your plant is stressed and won't grow much because it's focusing on repairing itself.

I've had good results with Green cleaner too for Fungus/Mold/etc. but don't use it when lights are on make sure lights are off or your leafs will take in the nasty chemicals.

I had a similar problem on my first grow. Make sure PH is around 6.0-7.0, I try to stay around 6.0 PH. Also Soil already has nutes and you have to compensate for this or you will get nute lock where the plant isn't taking water or nutes from the roots.

Next time soil dries out or dry atleast from the top of soil down 1-2 inches. Try to water with just PH water around 6.0. Don't use nutes the next time. This will clear the roots and should bounce back. The plants are drooping from over watering. Don't water soil grows daily be patient with it (I only watered my soil grow 2-3x a week with 5-6ft plants), it might take a week or so for the plant to fully use up all the water, especially if it's small and in nute lock.

I've found that once a plant is stressed, it could take 1-3 weeks to bounce back and you will need to cut off any dead areas to promote growth in good areas but wait to cut until it's completely dead. At this point your plant is stressed and won't grow much because it's focusing on repairing itself.

I've had good results with Green cleaner too for Fungus/Mold/etc. but don't use it when lights are on make sure lights are off or your leafs will take in the nasty chemicals.
I’ve only used nutes once two weeks ago the rest has been water phd to 6.5

I'd invest in a 3 in 1 soil tester water ph moisture light test meter kit for garden. They're like $8 on eBay and go by this when watering. Your plants look over watered. Based on this meter, only water when it's in Red and stay in the green zone when watering.

Back
Top Bottom