First Time Grower - Help!

hfpuEF

20150911_103334.jpg
This is my first grow. I only have 3 plants outside but not sure when to Harvest. 1 plant looks almost ready the other 2 are not as ready. I live in Central California where it is very hot. Also if I just have a few plants do I really need to cure it after drying?
20150909_105300.jpg
20150914_085626.jpg

I would get a jeweler's loop or a hand held microscope. You want to look at the trichomes. You want them to be mostly cloudy with some amber. I usually shoot for about 25% amber. As for curing, you an smoke it as soon as it is dry, but the flavors and the high will be much better after it cures. If you are low or out of bud, then start smoking it right away, but I would store it in a closed mason jar to let it cure while the bottle is closed. Just remember to burb the jars every day or two. :peace:

I have been using a jewelers loop. So maybe another week? Guess Im just getting anxious. I will keep a close eye on them. Thanks for the input.

I don't wait for amber. The THC can degrade just fine once it's off the plants and safely in jars.

Still a lot of white hairs on them yet so another week or so at least to get them at their peak. I copied a couple of the pics to the PC so I could blow them up for a better look. Little fuzzy but the trichs look almost half and half clear/cloudy so I wouldn't wait too much longer.

A pic or two of the whole plant and some buds from the side would help. Some strains really fatten up a lot in the last week or two so you don't want to jump the gun.

L8r

I don't wait for amber. The THC can degrade just fine once it's off the plants and safely in jars.

Still a lot of white hairs on them yet so another week or so at least to get them at their peak. I copied a couple of the pics to the PC so I could blow them up for a better look. Little fuzzy but the trichs look almost half and half clear/cloudy so I wouldn't wait too much longer.

A pic or two of the whole plant and some buds from the side would help. Some strains really fatten up a lot in the last week or two so you don't want to jump the gun.

L8r

Agree :thumb:

The fan leaves aren't even starting to yellow so she might have more than a week to go before prime time yet.

The colas could double in size still so I wouldn't be too eager to chop her right away.

L8r

I'm sure you would be satisfied if you pulled them all now, but perhaps try a staggered harvest a week or two apart on each plant and you will know for sure next time you grow. A staggered harvest is a good learning tool, and with proper drying and curing you can make the most of your bud. Patience is a virtue!!!

Best of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

Yes patience is a virtue I unfortunately do not have. Thanks I'm gonna try to wait a couple days. Fingers crossed I dry and cure it right.

Re: First Time Grower - Harvest!!

Some of the buds from my very first harvest! It's curing now! Thanks for everyone's input, it helped!
The Noob Jen

20150924_112638.jpg
20150924_112712.jpg

Looks very similar to mine. About how much did you yield off of one of your plants? Congrats on your first grow. They looked good!

Hi Killacam88, Im not sure of the amount as I dont have a scale. But it looks to be maybe a quarter oz or so. But the first plant was small. I have two more plants that have more buds than the first. Not quite ready to harvest yet.

That's pretty good for first grow! Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the others. I can't wait to see how much I have on mine. She's short but getting fat. It only takes one grow til your addicted to the growing life.

Back
Top Bottom