First time grower, help

Darade

Hello there, Darade here. xD As the title says I'm a first time grower, and I'd like a bit of help. I bought a 2x2x3 grow tent, 150w led ufo growlight, a 6inch clip on 4 mode usb fan, and ofc a mechanical timer. I have 2 3 gal fabric pots, one is Caramelicious FEM (from MSNL), the other "mixed sativa"(also from MSNL). Car FEM sprouted 6/15/21, and Mixed just sprouted last night, at like 10 PMish, beautiful plants I might add. Well anyways I have a wee bit of a problem, I can't seem to keep the temps down it's 89 degrees in there right now, humidity 60-80%, because I like to mist when plants are this young, it causes the humidity to go up more, which is fine when they're seedlings. At night when lights go off, humidity stays, but the temp can reach 69 at times, I do leave the fan on at night, as I don't know if I should leave the fan off or on. I'm about to buy another fan a 9 inch, Idk if I should use it to exaust, or if I should use the smaller one. Also, I do know now that 2 plants in such a small tent wasn't a good idea, and def not sativas lol. Any advice/help is wanted, just don't be dicky about it, as I'm still 100% new.

Forgot to mention my medium is FoxFarms HappyFrog.

I would buy an exhaust fan set up. A little pricey but well worth it. Helps control humidity and temps and if you feel that temps in the environment the tent is in will dip below 64 at night then I would put the exhaust fan on a timer with the light. Make sure not to put the fan directly on the plant as there will many consequences. Make sure the fan is creating circulation in the tent, your plant can still “dance” a bit from the wind but like I said, not directly on her. I also hope your light is enough to take care of your files in flower… probably enough for veg time but just checking to make sure before you are scrambling at flower time looking for a light. Good luck:ciao:

Basically I'm not in it for steath reasons, I can't grow outside, because the roomates I live with are trashy, and would most likely kill it early thinking you can just smoke it as is. I needed a tent just to keep it away from the kids, I live in Cali, so growing for me is perfectly legal, even rec. the grow tent I'm using has a double cinche in every port, just I shoved the fan inbetween the cinches, to hold it in place, I can just close the cinches when I don't want light in, or to turn it off, which isn't the big of a deal in seedling/veg. Hella big deal in flower. You don't think 150w would be enough, even in such a small tent, even if I flower like as soon as I possibly can (to keep em small)?

150 should be enough but I wouldn’t count on amazing yields. I use 2 150w quantum boards and I have never had an issue. You probably could use the ole fan in the hole method but I’m sure some growers here might growl a bit at that. The exhaust fan usually comes with a carbon filter which as you probably already know has a few benefits that come with using it. If your in a low dust and pollen environment then give the fans a shot. Also, if the tent is in your home that note then likely has central air, be careful. That air may get pushed directly on your plants and you will be subjecting them to abuse! Good luck man and happy growing

Hi Darade - you can add an extractor fan at the top and fresh intake at the bottom and easily bump up lighting, but your real problem will be height
Cuttings may be your only realistic option as they can be flipped at 4" - 6" tall and still produce a reasonable cola
I have heard of people trying 12/12 at 2 weeks old, but I've never heard of that method being a great success
Good luck

The exhaust fan usually comes with a carbon filter which as you probably already know has a few benefits that come with using it. If your in a low dust and pollen environment then give the fans a shot. Also, if the tent is in your home that note then likely has central air, be careful. That air may get pushed directly on your plants and you will be subjecting them to abuse!
Hey, thanks for the advice, I know it's probably a bit jank, and not the prettiest of the builds out there, I'm a first time grower, who just wants some green, for personal use. I was gonna buy a 4 inch inline duct exhaust to put at the top just like you mentioned. I'm not gonna use a carbon filter, only because I'm on a budget, and like I said, nothing about my grow NEEDS to be stealth at all. I only own these 2 plants, legally I can own 6. lol And I only have small AC window unit in the window, that I have pointing away from my grow tent, with fans leading the cool air toward my office.

Hi Darade - you can add an extractor fan at the top and fresh intake at the bottom and easily bump up lighting, but your real problem will be height
Cuttings may be your only realistic option as they can be flipped at 4" - 6" tall and still produce a reasonable cola
I have heard of people trying 12/12 at 2 weeks old, but I've never heard of that method being a great success
Good luck

I was gonna flip 12/12 at 3-4 weeks, but LST, or maybe mainlining as much as I can before then.
Keep her small and make her produce maybe 6-8 nodes on each plant. Maybe I could get away with this, what do you guys think?

Hey, thanks for the advice, I know it's probably a bit jank, and not the prettiest of the builds out there, I'm a first time grower, who just wants some green, for personal use. I was gonna buy a 4 inch inline duct exhaust to put at the top just like you mentioned. I'm not gonna use a carbon filter, only because I'm on a budget, and like I said, nothing about my grow NEEDS to be stealth at all. I only own these 2 plants, legally I can own 6. lol And I only have small AC window unit in the window, that I have pointing away from my grow tent, with fans leading the cool air toward my office.

I was gonna flip 12/12 at 3-4 weeks, but LST, or maybe mainlining as much as I can before then.
Keep her small and make her produce maybe 6-8 nodes on each plant. Maybe I could get away with this, what do you guys think?
Problem is that she will stretch for the two weeks while she turns to flower and then some
You might get away with it by chopping and LST but it sounds like a lot of work to me
Best of luck either way

Back
Top Bottom