First Time Grower! Help!

blazingjoe619

I want to make the move to grow my own medicinal stash, with that being said I will explain my situation and hopefully find help within my fellow smokers!:headbanger:. Well I have a closet that is 5x5 or around that and I just want to start off with 2 plants. I have no knowledge of the cycles and anything that has to do with growing. I have read alot of post and web tutorials but none that are the same to my situation. Well if anybody can help me with the things that i will need to outfit my closet for 2 plants and maybe even were I can get beans that would be great!. Well hopefully next time I post it will have pictures on my lovely lady mary up for all you to enjoy. Keep it blazin:bong: :headbanger:

Re: First Time Grower!! Help!

Thisszrdie, nice plans for a small grow box. I am building one similar right now. I bought a huge plastic container for $20 at samsclub. It is about 4 ft high and 4ft long. it will easily grow 2 plants. I will line the inside with mylar and put two fans for aeration.

Thizz, Thanks for the advise I actually thinking of changing the location of were I grow. I will post picture and hopefully get some more feedback! Once again thanks for the post! Keep it green ppl!

Well after alot of though I dont think 2 plants will be enough for what I want and I want to plant diffent beans. Anyways here are some pic of my restroom that Im converting seeing how I have 2. So any help on this set up and if the white tile is enough for good reflection or should I do something else to it, also is the fan pull the air out of blow it ? I dont know I hear the fan all the time when I turn it on but I never feel a differrence anyways I hope to start a grow journal pretty soon I hope. I guess I have to wait for approval before I can show the images hopefully soon!:smokin:

Ok, so here is the pics of my restroom

Thats the reason!!

This picture make my restroom smaller
IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

This is the fan that I was talking about! is it enough?
IMG_3029.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

You should be able to grow out half dozen plants in the shower right there. And you won't have to worry about water overflow on to the floor, and you will have water there for feeding. Do a perpetual harvest set-up and pull a couple plants every two weeks or so. (all depending on your set-up)

Also yes that fan should replace the air in that room 5 times and hour or so. You may need to upgrade the fan if heat becomes an issue when the big light comes in. If smell isn't an issue in your neighborhood, it should be just fine. But if it is an issue, then you need a way bigger fan and a charcoal filter system.

Plus you can relieve youself without leaving the grow room. :cheesygrinsmiley: :bongrip:

Or there's a chair right there at the chamber door. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The shower sounds like a good idea nice height available and and a waterproof grow area. I sat here for a while thinking about weather or not I'd use trays in the shower, if growing in dirt, and finally concluded I would since some dirt will end up in the tray. It might be a good idea to put a fine screen over the drain too. With a shower wand it'd be a snap to give them a good shower, to fertalize you'd need to use a watering can or similar though. You don't want to get full strength fertalizer on the leaves.

Akorn: How would you do a perpetual harvest in that shower? Don't you need two grow areas?

If you use a HID lamp I'd recomend building a stand out of some solid piping. Make the stand 3 feet taller then you want your plants to flower, 1-1.5 feet for bucket and 1-1.5 feet for space between the top of the plants and the light. The space from the tops to the light is for heat and to allow the light to disperse evenly.

Meh, I just realized this is a fairly old thread and Joe doesn't seem to be around so this is kind of moot. Joe if you read this, I hope you started growing some medicine and doing good.

Back
Top Bottom