First time grower in need of your expertise

smokefacee

Hey fellow green lovers.. Im in the process of setting up a grow room out of 1/2 bathroom thats never used, mainly because of the window.. And i need a lil or maybe alot of help..

First the room is 4x5x7, however, i want to split the room in half for veg. And flower.. I want to grow between 10 and 15 plants.. Using cfl for veg. A 1000 watt hps for flowering..will that do the trick?. Will a 265 cfm exhaust fan work? Should i be too concerend about smell being that im on the 3rd floor? Can i use the window to push out the hot air, and get the inline air from another room? And what would you reccommend for a hydroponic system.. Anything else you can think of would be helpful

I am not a professional grower but I used a 250Watt ESL lamp for vegetative stage. Belive me never again. MH lamps are great but with the ESL it took 4ever to finish vegetative stage

hello smokefacee i wouldn't recommend trying a hydroponic system for your first grow stick to soil its more forgiving also a 1000w light will be over kill for your size area i would use a 600w it would be easier to keep the temps down and get the light closer to your plants. as far as exhaust fans go you want to be completely replenishing the air in your grow room about every 5 seconds, hope this helps.

With 10-15 plants, you will definitely need to worry about smell. And that's if you're living in a house! I usually grow between 3-6 plants at a time (depending how lucky I am to get ladies) and around 4th week of flower I need to start with some serious odor damage control measures.

With my plants, they start smelling wonderful around the 3rd week veg, but the odor never gets to a conspicuous level until about 4th week of flower. From there, it just gets worse. Smells awesome, though. I always take a deep breath and think 'ahhh, yep. going to be smoking that stuff soon'. Then I smile really big. :ganjamon:

I've also noticed that the smell around the house is highly dependent on the air temperature outside. Mornings are especially fragrant, with the cooler air keeping the odor close to the ground.

Anyway, if you're in an apartment you better get some expert odor control advice. If you're going to invest in a carbon filter / fan system, which is probably the best odor remedy, remember that those fans move a lot of air and are LOUD.

Lastly, odor can depend a lot on strain. I've only ever grown unknown bagseed, and its very easy to tell the difference between different strains as you watch them grow. Fascinating, actually.

Hope this helps.

I use a growtent. The carbon filter is a very good friend .It runs 24/7. Buy air wick freshmatic put 2 very close to the door and 2 very close to the window when it starts to smell really strong in the room and problme solved. It is a very efficient and cheap solution .Be safe

Back
Top Bottom