First Time Grower - Lemon Haze - Bag Seed - 225W CFL - Closet Grow

arnold789

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum and to growing but i've been reseaching it quite a lot and I think I'm ready to try it. I will be growing some Lemon Haze from seeds I got from bags I bought over the last month.
Here is some info on the grow.

Pot Size - For now Plastic beer cups with holes punched in
Medium - Seedling soil mixed with some vermiculite
Lights - 225W, {(3) 75W CFL (6400K) [4250 Lumens]}
Growing Space - Closet (6ft x 3ft x 4ft)
Nutrients - Still Looking for Nutrients that suit my needs and budget.
Strain(s) - Lemon Haze, Cronic, White Widow (I have a couple of Cronic seeds and 1 white widow seed might as well chuck them in too)
Light Cycle - 18/6 For now
Temp - Not to worried about temperature at the moment usually it ranges from about 70-80*F

I will be posting Pictures soon of the lights and closet and pots while my seeds geminate.

Looking forward to some good advice and what you guys think

1460545324864.jpg

20160413_130259.jpg

1460545324864.jpg

20160413_130259.jpg

A little help on the pics.... You linked to you main gallery page instead of the actual image.. Hope you don't mind the help...

Welcome to the forums, check my signature for some helpful links to get you going on pics and uploads. Glad you've gotten a journal started. :thumb:

Those bulbs will work great for veg state
KiG :green_heart:cheers

Ok guys i've been looking around and I can't really find any info on this topic. The Question i'm stuck with is how much Light to give the seedlings once the Seeds are planted... will the 225W fry them? should i put them 2 inches away? or should i just chuck them in the window for the first couple of days till they gain some strength?
Some How much lights should I use with the newly sprouted plants?
How close should I put the newly sprouted plants to the light? (Side note I know the closer the better but i'm unsure when it comes to the baby plants?)

PS More Pics to come soon :goof:

Are those 75 want equivalent bulbs or true 75 watts? Either way of you can have the back of your hand under them without being too hot to handle on your skin then they're fine aswell. I used one cfl for the firsy week then 2 for the next couple, then they get moved into my Led tent..

Use as many as you want, and as close as possible. Check out this guy and his cfls.... Lupey, he's got them nice and close throughout.

Lupey's cfl grow

Hope that helps... KiG :green_heart:cheers

They are true 75W (something like equal to 400W or something) so that makes a total of 225 True Watts will be building the light rig soon will keep up to date

If that's the case one will bulb will do for your seedlings, get yourself a bulb reflector like Lupey's and you could probably have it 6" to a foot away. This is where a light meter comes in handy. I'd start at a foot and lower it if you don't see any negative signs on the foliage. But at the same time watch for stretching of your seedlings which means the light is too far away.

Ok, so today I bought some feed for my plants for now I just bought a multi-feed which has a N-P-K rating of 19-8-16 (43). On the label it says "A water Soluble fertilizer for young developing plants and seedings with a high Phosphorus (P) requirement to ensure optimum root development."
Here's some active ingredients
Nitrogen 193/kg
Phospohorus 83 g/kg
Potassium 158g/kg
Sulphur 6.1g/kg
Magnesium 4.6g/kg
Zinc 700mg/kg
Boron 1054mg/kg
Molundenum 63mg/kg
Iron 751mg/kg
Manganese 273mg/kg
Copper 75mg/kg

sorry for the boring details but is this fine to use in veg/late seeding state?

ALSO PICS COMING SOON OF THE LIGHT RIG AND CLOSET so we won't be so boring :Namaste:

Is it liquid or milled dry fertilizer? Whatever the recommended dose is start with a quarter strength when your plants hit 2 weeks or 4 leaf sets... whichever comes first. I would also recommend, if you have more than one plant... Is try feeding one and see how it reacts. Then you'll know for the next ones if you over did it. Does that help?

By milled I mean dried crusty powder fertilizer. It doesn't matter which it is, but I found that with dry fertilizers that you need to make disgusting teas to give your plants. You'll put some of it in permeable bag like a coffee filter and let is soak in the water for a day to make your tea... Liquid ferts are much easier to use. Like I said, it doesn't matter which kind just as long as you apply it properly.

Is your soil amended to begin with, does it have nutes in it already? If so you won't need to feed for a few weeks...

Let's see some pics... Hoo hah!

KiG Arnold :green_heart:cheers

Ok, So here's the setup 225W CFL i built the wooden rig yesterday so it still needs a reflector i build a small reflective area for the plants till they grow up they are in the window at the moment i'm waiting for seedlings to come up. I also bought a little fan for ventilation.

IMG_20160417_180358.jpg

IMG_20160417_180343.jpg

IMG_20160417_180328.jpg

IMG_20160417_180313.jpg

More pics to come

Day #2 of the babies I planted 4 seeds for now 3 came up yesterday still waiting for one.
Here's some shots of them still in the window baking in the sun I'm waiting for another 2-3 days before putting them in the closet.
20160419_094617.jpg

20160419_094612.jpg

Day #4 babies are growing slowly but surely. I failed to mention that I use my fish tanks water to water the plants (Almost like a aquaphonic vibes, the fish poop helps with growth and the PH is quite balanced i'll test PH in the next week heres some pics :p
20160421_093257.jpg

20160421_093252.jpg

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome !!!

Day #15 They are growing slower then I was hoping they would, Snidrajsed you suggested starting frets at 2 weeks ? Are they ready? any advice ?
20160502_185023.jpg

20160502_185014.jpg

20160502_184957.jpg

If by Frets you mean nutes... Then yes, two weeks they should be getting a ¼—⅓ dose of your growth nutrients. Make sure to water the entire medium throughout. Water until some comes out of the bottom drain holes. Don't over do it, but they are hungry now.

KiG :green_heart: cheers

Day #29
They are growing faster with the feeding... any thoughts?
20160516_104930.jpg

20160516_104943.jpg

When should I transplant? I am starting to see 1 or 2 roots on the side of the cup...

So I guess we'll assume they're regular seeds of a photoperiod lemon haze. If you are going to grow decent size plants and aren't In the biggest of hurries... I would let them build up a root ball in that cup for another week or so, let them build a little mass. This way they are going to be much stronger once you transplant them.(you're gonna want to cover the clear blue cups with something opaque)

Sup my man :Namaste: This grow sounds interesting, I am also doing a CFL grow with one plant and around same watts as you have, maybe I not correct but they look a bit stretched? Did you run all three bulbs from the start and at what distance? If you would like go check out my journal I started a few days ago, also a noob but always wanting to help :allgood: good luck with the rest of this grow!

hey man! If i can remember correctly I put it about 6 inches the first couple of days cause I was scared I would fry then when after a week or so went to about 2 inches

Back
Top Bottom