First time grower. Male or Female?

thekastone

Hi guys, first attempt at growing and I'm trying to figure out if my indoor Cherry Pie is a female, please help.

20140807_210207.jpg

20140807_210129.jpg

20140807_210000.jpg

I can not tell from these pictures. Are you in 12 and 12 lighting? The thing to look for is Hairs on the females and balls on the males. They usually both start appearing 2-3 weeks in 12 and 12 light cycle

I can not tell from these pictures. Are you in 12 and 12 lighting? The thing to look for is Hairs on the females and balls on the males. They usually both start appearing 2-3 weeks in 12 and 12 light cycle

Ah ok. I was seeing pairs of pistils or something on the first pic. 18/6 is the routine atm.

I've had males start showing flower formation under 18/6 before, so maybe not. You'll see hairs somewhat the color of clear fishing line if it's female. Sometimes if you see what looks like a light green pod instead of hairs, be patient and wait a few days, Hairs might grow out of it (female) or it might split into a bunch of tiny green pods with no hairs (male flowers starting). In a few grows you'll be able to recognize the males from the females but don't cull the males too quickly, always be sure and don't cull the males too late or your grow will get pollinated. As soon as you can tell they're male though, kill them.

Back
Top Bottom