First Time Grower: Mars Hydro SP3000, Gorilla Grow Tent, White Widow & Strawberry Cough

I love your thread and the weed wagon you’ve got set up! When I first saw that photo I was mightily impressed!!! Ingenious!
The girls seem to be doing really well so far and I’m really happy with the progress; I am truly addicted and am now looking at all my house plants wondering and researching how to make their lives better!
Thanks for saying so and visiting, jump in anytime!
The weed wagon has been the $hit. In Ontario, I have had 6 nights of frost and ice in the birdbath before the frost date.
I hear you, my seeds were a lockdown distraction and I have thoroughly enjoyed checking out from the state of the world and learning about getting handsy with weed.

I hadn’t taken any clones and I think I will on my next run. I’ve seen some pretty contentious discussions about when to take cuttings; the book I’m reading says to take within two weeks of putting them to flower but from what I’ve read on the forum thIs isn’t necessarily the case.

My plan is to order some more seeds and expand my collection a little bit but cloning will be in the future!
i take my clones before sending them to flower. I dnt wait 2 weeks. on my first run i took my clones when the plants were already in flower mode and flowering. I didn't know if it was a male or female so i had to wait.

i think the extenders come with a cover that goes on top of it, but your right i wouldn't be able to do it since my top doesn't open
I took the extender out of storage to get a couple photos for you. Hopefully the photos show the zippers and how it may attach to your setup:
FD9A31DB-1C21-47F4-8274-58EA24886FC6.jpeg
177C86BF-B247-48F9-8B60-FBD7A9A21EC2.jpeg

i take my clones before sending them to flower. I dnt wait 2 weeks. on my first run i took my clones when the plants were already in flower mode and flowering. I didn't know if it was a male or female so i had to wait.
What method do you prefer; taking clones during veg or flower? Since you’ve done both ways have you noticed a difference in plant health and production?
Thanks for chiming in @PK1 ; really appreciate your feedback.

What method do you prefer; taking clones during veg or flower? Since you’ve done both ways have you noticed a difference in plant health and production?
Thanks for chiming in @PK1 ; really appreciate your feedback.
I've done both and can't remember any difference. There may be a time difference in getting them going but I don't remember anything significant there either. Nice tent extender! Those are really high quality tents.

I've token clones from a plant that was 1 week in flower. I think it took about couple months before they turned to veg again. those clones are now in week 1 of flower and i've token about 30 clones from them before i sent them to flower. So, will see how fast these root and start growing since they were already in vegetative stage.
2020-10-01 06.07.41.jpg

I've done both and can't remember any difference. There may be a time difference in getting them going but I don't remember anything significant there either. Nice tent extender! Those are really high quality tents.
That’s good to know; I think I might try both methods and keep some noteS!

Huge fan of the Gorilla Tent! I don’t always but I prefer to buy once, even if the initial outlay is a little more, because my experience is you’ll end up spending more in the end (just like I did with the inline fan).

I've token clones from a plant that was 1 week in flower. I think it took about couple months before they turned to veg again. those clones are now in week 1 of flower and i've token about 30 clones from them before i sent them to flower. So, will see how fast these root and start growing since they were already in vegetative stage.
2020-10-01 06.07.41.jpg
That’s so awesome! You’ve got a perfect little home experiment going and I’m stoked to know what your outcome is going to be!!

That’s so awesome! You’ve got a perfect little home experiment going and I’m stoked to know what your outcome is going to be!!
the links are in my sig if you like to follow along :)

Looking good! I would go ahead and flip, with four plants in that size tent you are going to be wall to wall in a hurry.

I’m tagging up for the ride. Once you flip it gets less worrisome, all you really have to do is feed and watch your buds magically appear and grow.
Tonight is the night I’ll flip em! Thanks for joining the grow @Toneking and really appreciate your contribution!
I’m looking forward to seeing the transformation!!

October 6 Update- Flip and Ditch

All the plants look great so far with the Strawberry Coughs still out drinking the White Widows.
FEF97F0D-5F5B-4D0B-8F9B-59FF701A9FF9.jpeg

I also had been on a water, nutrient, water feed schedule but something about the light green of the WW’s compelled me to follow a nutrient feed by another nutrient feed and boy, am I glad I did because they both must have grown 2inches in 2 days!

I did one more defoliation on Oct 2nd and then gave the girls a few days to rebound before flipping the lights to 12/12 last night (oct 5).

Final Veg Defoliation Strawberry Cough:
DBD3BE10-26AD-438A-AEFF-CDE7F461EABA.jpeg

Well it’s happened; I’m in flower! After so much humming and hawing I finally flipped the lights and ditched the fifth plant (Oct 2) that was taking up space in the tent. So hard to take a plant out but she is now on my covered patio; she seems to be fine so far. This patio plant is my experimenting plant; it has Gaia Green dry amendments instead of the Green Planet the others are getting and I’m treating it a bit differently than the other girls. Looking forward to seeing how she does on my patio with temps hovering around 14C-16Celsius (57F-60F).

White Widow: Clarice aka Patio Plant
62197173-4F92-4AB0-915B-0E00A94887CB.jpeg
36E93555-3378-4A2F-921B-42838A80AA40.jpeg

So exciting for a first time grower to be moving into flower! I’ve really enjoyed the veg process even though the last two weeks there wasn’t much to do but the occasional watering; my biggest challenge was resisting my urge to constantly open the tent.

I feel like I’ve got a good canopy thats fairly evenly spread out; they are approx 14inches as of Oct 5,2020.
E8B94106-F2BA-4A7C-AA1D-0B7FFA4332AE.jpeg

The lights flip on in 10 minutes and I’m excited to open the tent and see how their first deep sleep went! Time to roll one up and get ready for their “sunrise.”

Thank you all for reading along and contributing and hope you are all enjoying this newbies grow show!!

Long Overdue Update- Flowering from Week 1 to 5

Things are moving along really smoothly and I have had no complaints except for a cal/mag deficiency in one of the White Widows.

I gave them a defoliation in the first week of flower and then again at the end of the third week and I have gone from a "water, nute, water" schedule to "nute ,nute, nute!" (I am using organic based Green Planet Medi-One Kit).
IMG_4522.jpg IMG_4735.jpg

The scrog netting has helped keep the branches spaced out and created some cool twists; curious to see how it'll shape up. (Photo below is in first week of flower- early October))
IMG_4739.jpg

I am now into the fifth week of flower and the dust is starting to settle on the girls; it's like waking up to find that the local ski mountains got their first sprinkle and the season is about to start!!

DSC04188 (2).JPG

DSC04306.JPG

The hobby farm is clicking along nicely and I am keeping an eye on the cal/mag deficiency on the one White Widow; seems to be the only one showing any signs of there being a problem.

Been a while since I posted and a huge thanks to all for stopping by to contribute and to have a read! :yummy:

Attachments

• DSC04301.JPG
    DSC04301.JPG
    628.6 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC04303.JPG
    DSC04303.JPG
    681.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC04305.JPG
    DSC04305.JPG
    700.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC04308.JPG
    DSC04308.JPG
    666.9 KB · Views: 45
Beautiful! Can't wait to see the harvest!
I am getting pretty anxious right now as this is totally unchartered waters for me! Some of the trichomes are amber at the top of the bud but that is only at the top; the majority are still quite clear.
The Strawberry Cough and White Widows are both two or three weeks away from harvest; so excited!

Back
Top Bottom