First Time Grower: Mars Hydro SP3000, Gorilla Grow Tent, White Widow & Strawberry Cough

Are you using a Feed, Water, Water Schedule or Feed, Water, Feed, Water, Feed Water Schedule ?
Both ways work fine. I start out using the 1st method & slowly change over to the 2nd method when I see the plants needing more nutes by the leaf color getting light green. I never up my nutes till I see the leaves getting a lighter shade of green. That tells me they can handle more nutes. So far this has worked great for me as I haven't had any Toxicities or Deficiencies.
If you give nutes to a Dark Green Plant you are probably going to get a Toxicity. If you don't up the nutes when the leaves start getting light green you will probably get a Deficiency. So going by leaf color sure helps.
I was planning on using the nutrients followed by water followed by nutrients and so on. It makes total sense to look at the plant as a whole and look at the health of the leaves as a guide and as an indicator for feeding.

do you happen to have a copy of that scheduling you are following. I don't know those nutrients and sure don't want you to burn your plants. That water mixture looks to dark to me. to my oppenion their to young to be feed. tap water should be enough for now
Hello @PK1; delayed response from having too much fun last night! First night out in a very long time in a totally empty pub!
747B551A-6003-42F7-8C15-4F857178C981.jpeg
AA178988-2130-4E31-B634-524BA2DCA8C8.jpeg

Would love to see what that sp does for you I also run mars there def great lights hands down I’m thinking of buying the little sister to add to my room

Gonna pull a seat up and watch this grow if you don't mind. Definitely curious as to how the SP3000 works out for you, good luck and happy growing!
Welcome to my first grow @Farthestnorth! I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t have a comparison point for the light as this is my first grow however; I appreciate that I can remove the Meanwell driver and the dimmer to outside the tent.

Would love to see what that sp does for you I also run mars there def great lights hands down I’m thinking of buying the little sister to add to my room
It was a really difficult decision to choose the light; with so much info, similarities, contradicting info I had boiled my options down to Synce, HLG, and Mars Hydro. For me it was the best light for budget, performance and the overwhelming amount of people that reviewed the products and use them on YouTube etc.

Hello @PK1; delayed response from having too much fun last night! First night out in a very long time in a totally empty pub!
747B551A-6003-42F7-8C15-4F857178C981.jpeg
AA178988-2130-4E31-B634-524BA2DCA8C8.jpeg
good luck and keep posting pictures

Welcome to my first grow @Farthestnorth! I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t have a comparison point for the light as this is my first grow however; I appreciate that I can remove the Meanwell driver and the dimmer to outside the tent.
Yes I have the TSW2000 and the feature is a great feature to have, removing heat if needed is always a plus and an easy one to make! I personally have my tent dialed (Driver In Tent) in with easy changes to go from 35% humidity to 100 if needed and a 12k ac that does the rest going in the opposite direction. Definitely looking forward to your grow! :thumb: :yummy::ganjamon:

I'm late to the party but welcome Dadbod! You are well on your way with all the support from the gang here on 420mag.

An inexpensive item that really helps to calibrate your lighting is a LUX meter. They are not perfectly accurate with LED lighting but they are generally consistent so you can really dial it in. I think they are $20-30 on Amazon.

I'm late to the party but welcome Dadbod! You are well on your way with all the support from the gang here on 420mag.

An inexpensive item that really helps to calibrate your lighting is a LUX meter. They are not perfectly accurate with LED lighting but they are generally consistent so you can really dial it in. I think they are $20-30 on Amazon.
Welcome @HutchBenedict. You’ve got a pretty amazing journal and I’m glad you’ve joined the party!

Update Sept 2, 2020:
There is such amazing content on this site and I think I’ve been able to decipher what the issue is based on Nutrient Profiles and Deficiencies and the Pest and Problems Chapter of K of Trichomes’ book.

The problem started on Monday when I noticed she had a couple of yellow spots by the edge and then Tuesday morning it spread quite a bit and today it is now on another leaf.
F0C1A192-ACD2-4056-9250-7C3A59005B23.jpeg

530DFD04-ABD5-4B32-9882-AA505ED325D6.jpeg

Both leaves that are affected are original leaves, the plant is doing better than its two White Widow sisters, I have added very low doses of nutrients (Ocean Magic and Medi-One) and have being very cautious about watering with today being the first time I fully saturated them all with 6.3PH’d water.
D3CD1D15-588E-4384-B7A0-E96873B2C348.jpeg

I believe I have a Potassium Deficiency based mainly on the below quote:

Potassium deficiencies are identified by necrosis on the margins of larger fan leaves. Necrotic patches can be seen on the leaves as well. Leaves will eventually turn yellow, brown and die off. Most of the plants that show signs of a Potassium deficiency are going to be the tallest and best looking plants you have.

My plan of attack is soluble potash:
B59CD3AC-7403-41F9-BE59-FACD063863DB.jpeg

So here we are; my first lesson in becoming a better grower; every problem is an opportunity for a solution and I am not afraid to do the research, consider a solution and then ask for help:yummy:

Would love to know if I am right in my diagnosis and solution And if you have ever encountered this and what measures you took to alleviate the issue.

Really appreciate you all contributing, participating and encouraging!

To end on a positive note, this Strawberry Cough is looking great!
E1BF6642-4BCA-4BA8-9D63-6BDB8A8D60B6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom