First Time Grower: Mars Hydro SP3000, Gorilla Grow Tent, White Widow & Strawberry Cough

well not "have to" but I would wait till they have 5 nodes and quadline each one then flower like a few days to a week later once the plants start growing again, this would be good because everything should get light but it will still be crowded and good air circulation and a fan on them may be needed in heavy flower. Next time try less plants or bigger tent possibly

well not "have to" but I would wait till they have 5 nodes and quadline each one then flower like a few days to a week later once the plants start growing again, this would be good because everything should get light but it will still be crowded and good air circulation and a fan on them may be needed in heavy flower. Next time try less plants or bigger tent possibly
Definitely less plants next time; I did not expect all seeds to germinate (I expected one dud and planned on four plants). Based on other journals I think I’ll do two or three max next time.
I do have a clip on fan attached and it’s doing a good job at moving air so far but will be getting a second one soon when it all grows in!
sounds like things are going to get crowded

Just curious what made you choose a 2x4 tent and not a 4 foot square? I only ask because I am also in Canada and specifically got a tent to fit 4 plants which ended up being a 4 foot square

Just curious what made you choose a 2x4 tent and not a 4 foot square? I only ask because I am also in Canada and specifically got a tent to fit 4 plants which ended up being a 4 foot square
Long term plan is to have a 5x5 tent in the future and will keep the 2x4 for vegging and the 5x5 for flowering!

Due to current spacial requirements, the best I could currently fit was a 2x4.
Also, when I told my adoringly supportive wife i was getting a 5x5, she wasn’t super happy; a 2x4 made it sound much better... I guess size does matter :D

That’s great advice! I was planning on flipping to flower (depending on plants) when the girls are around 2ft-2.5ft high; does this make sense?
I am amazed by the Mars SP3000; I have no comparison points, and it is still early, but it seems to be doing the job really well!

I could only flower 2 White widows in a 4x2 ( KCS ) .
pssst. never had dud seed from KCS.
they will triple in size after you flip

.i could never get to 60 days veg in the 2x 4 ..

don’t worry,

i tried my first grow in a 2x2x4 ,
then thought I was styling with a 4x2 x7 .. haha
and why I ended up with 3 tents and a 4x4
( 5x5 is ideal in my opinion for 4 plants to be able to give each one room to grow and spin, etc.

But , I ‘m seeking A perpetual grow :
2 in veg in the 4x 2 ,
2 in bloom in the 4x4 and
2 curing or clones for friends in the 2x2

I smell a new tent in your future !

Long term plan is to have a 5x5 tent in the future and will keep the 2x4 for vegging and the 5x5 for flowering!

Due to current spacial requirements, the best I could currently fit was a 2x4.
Also, when I told my adoringly supportive wife i was getting a 5x5, she wasn’t super happy; a 2x4 made it sound much better... I guess size does matter :D
Tell her that with a 5x5 she can put a couple flowers in there or any plant she likes :rofl:

Quick Update Aug 28, 2020
I’ve noticed some negative pressure on the 2x4 grow tent but was able to find a cheap solution! The packaging for the Mars Hydro SP3000 had two wooden slats; each are 2ft long which is the depth of my tent. Only thing needed was a drill for holes and zip ties to support them:
E62AF748-EC5D-4693-94AB-7CD3A241640F.jpeg

hopefully this cheap DIY helps keep the shape of the tent better; it certainly helps with positioning my clip on fan too!
Wishing everyone a great day!

HEY :welcome: @Dadbod You've got a nice setup going. I'll tag along with you.
The only thing i can add at the moment is your foxfarm. Make sure you mix it with something else and dnt put the plant in straight in foxfarm. You'll have problems in beging stage and its a hot potting mix.
coco, perlite, peatmoss are all good to be mixed with it.

you are also going to need more air circulation. a single 6" isn't just sufficient enough.

The only thing i can add at the moment is your foxfarm. Make sure you mix it with something else and dnt put the plant in straight in foxfarm. You'll have problems in beging stage and its a hot potting mix.

you are also going to need more air circulation. a single 6" isn't just sufficient enough.
So great to have you here and contributing PK1!
Good to know about the Fox Farm being ‘hot’; to what ratio should I add perlite in with the soil; a mix to about 1/3??
An additional fan will definitely be added and so will a trellis; it’s almost time to up pot them and move them into their final homes (3gal Fabric Pots).

are the roots coming out of the sides? if 3g is the bigst pot you got then ya.
i've never used foxfarm and arent sure, but allot of members here use it. I'm sure someone will let you know the mixture.
by the way you don't have to ph you mixture. your foxfarm consist of ph stability of ph 6.4 i think it was

Quick Update Aug 28, 2020
I’ve noticed some negative pressure on the 2x4 grow tent but was able to find a cheap solution! The packaging for the Mars Hydro SP3000 had two wooden slats; each are 2ft long which is the depth of my tent. Only thing needed was a drill for holes and zip ties to support them:
E62AF748-EC5D-4693-94AB-7CD3A241640F.jpeg

hopefully this cheap DIY helps keep the shape of the tent better; it certainly helps with positioning my clip on fan too!
Wishing everyone a great day!
There's a guy on this site who makes the plastic clip on supports to attach poles in the center of the tent. He has a 3D printer he makes them with. I'm sure someone here will remember who it was.

Not sure what your temps are in Celsius; but in F you probably need temps around 80 F in the tent to get 75 F leaf temp. So 1st you adjust your Tent temp till you reach a 75 F leaf temp (Laser Thermometer). Then you adjust RH to the Tent Temp using the VPD chart.
No need to pH your nutes. The lime in the soil will adjust it for you. It's not necessary to pH unless you are in Coco or Hydro.
Not sure how you'll manage 5 plants in a 2 x 4 tent. Like others have said, about 2 plants in that size tent. You will have to flower after just a couple weeks to make it work. You should still get about 2 oz. per plant that way. I wouldn't top or LST since you don't have much room to spread things out.
Nice set up though. It will be a great seedling tent when you expand. Most of the things depend on how much you are looking to harvest each grow. I pull about 2- lbs. off 3 plants with a 5 - 6 week veg time. So even in a 2 x 4 tent you can pull 1 lb. from 2 plants.
Buy a little 2' T5 light & hang it above a closet shelf so you can start your next grow about 4 weeks before this one finishes so you can keep on moving along.

Sorry PK but have to disagree on this one. I use Fox Farms Ocean Forrest which is hotter then Happy Frog. I plant my seeds straight in the soil & don't have any issues. However, a few years ago I did have issues with it. I think they may have changed some stuff in the mix. I haven't had an issue at all with it my last 5 grows. I don't add anything as it has Coco, Perlite, etc. already.
I don't want it to drain & dry too fast by adding more perlite.

Back
Top Bottom