First Time Grower - Need Advice For Setup In Closet

Tsugumi

Hello guys it's nice to be here in the 420 community. Since I'm new to this thing i would like some advice on what things to buy for my setup. I will provide you the plan i got in mind and i would like to hear your suggestions. First of all this is the space I'm going to grow.

DSC_027510.JPG

From what I've read the best thing to do is use 4x 2-Gallon Smart Pot Soft-Sided Containers with a mix of coco coir and perlite.

81TcsIputIL_SL1500_1.jpg

The seeds I'm going to use are Northern Light Feminized.

So I'm going to use the soak 24h on water germination technique i think and put the seed 2 cm from the top with the root facing the bottom. For watering i will use a ph control kit

81fkq50g3WL_SL1500_1.jpg

and the Flora Series

31NIzE_otL1.jpg

and CaliMagic nutrients.

81Y34X7i16L_SL1500_.jpg

I will probably need to do some research on dosage and watering throughout the growing process.

As for the Bulbs i was thinking of using 5x 40w 6500k daylight CFL for growing period

51ds-V84_TL_SL1000_1.jpg

and 7x 40w 2700k soft white CFL for flowering period

51Te8M5YfCL_SL1024_.jpg

with reflectors and 3 power cords alongside the middle (the 2 side ones will use a 3-Way Splitter).
I was also thinking about covering the closet with tinfoil but i don't think that's necessary?

Anyways if you have any suggestions or corrections please respond to the thread or PM me & happy growing everybody!

DSC_0275v2.jpg

This is general idea of the CFL placement. Not sure yet about the number of bulbs but the placement seems to be balanced.

I was told the drawback to bags instead of pots is you cant move the plants if you need to

Naw, I used those same pots and move everything around. I had 1gal and up potted to 10gal. Had handles on the side so you could move everything around.

Tsugumi, you have to think about ventilation. You need fresh air coming into the room, and you need spent/hot air exhausting out of your room. Gotta plan the space to have some kind of fan either inside your room hanging from ceiling, or outside room. Pull that air through a carbon filter to catch the smell, if that is an issue of course. I know nothing about CFLs so I cannot help you on the lighting. I would say that with a room that small you could add a small LED or HPS light, like a 300watt LED or a 250watt HPS. You will have some heat accumulation, maybe not a lot with the cfls, but some.

Back
Top Bottom