First time grower - Need help!

Skitelz

Hey guys, my friend gave me some random seeds(unknown) months ago, so i decided plant the seeds
The plant is budding but i have no clue when its ready to be harvested

The trichromes have all turned milky/cloudy but the big colas are starting to amber bit here there.

Im from Canberra, Australia
So outdoor temps are really low so when its night time i pull the pot under the shade so the frost wont damage the plant
And every morning 7-8am i move it outside so it can get sunlight till 6-7pm and repeat when it gets dark

It started flowering in feb? The buds look abit small so when i harvest this, the bud will be tiny
I started to trim the fan leaves off abit early i believe, thats because i thought it would be best to harvest before the weather gets extremely cold and frost decides to burn the buds

Usually i water my plant after it put it in sunlight and go to work.
I dont use fertilizer
No growing lights
No growing room
Just grown in a decent pot and tap water
Tbh i had no idea people got that serious into growing when i started getting more of looking after my plant
I guess there is more to it then planting the seed at watering it!

image10030.jpg
image10029.jpg
image10014.jpg

image10031.jpg

Looks great for just watering. When to harvest is up to your personal preference. If you want a cerebral high, cut in the next week or so. if you want the body/couchlock effect, let them amber a bit more.

Thanks for the reply,
I might let it amber abit more but recently the past week or so the leaves are abit soft? And drooping abit?
I heard that watering the plant too much will cause that but I water it once a day with not alot of water
And is there a way to make my buds bigger? Or at this stage it is too late?

It's too late to make them bigger. They do fatten up a bit naturally in last two weeks though. If it's a soil grow, then it's probably over watering. I would just let her dry out a little. They drink less the closer they get to harvest.

Alright thanks the for advice, is there any tips or tricks about growing you could pass down before i try and plant my next tree? :)

I would go and check out some grow journals. That's how I realized I wanted to grow hempy style. Passive hydro with extreme simplicity, impossible to over water. And read up on topping, training, lst and a few other tricks to increase yield. This site is a wealth of knowledge and there are some amazing growers here. Check out the plant of the month contest. Those guys have links to their grows like mine in signature and you'll learn more than you want

Back
Top Bottom