First time grower newbie

magsteria

I've been smoking for the last 10 years and really spent a lot!. Ive been trying to grow my own this past couple of months and to no success. I seriously have no idea when i tried to study and learn all the basics in growing but 99% of what i tried have failed. I only have one baby plant (about an inch tall) and i think its dying too. Ill try to post some pictures too if can find out how so you guys can see. Thanks!!

I'm a first timer too with a lower than desired ratio of survivors. I've talked to customer service agents at the seed company and had them stumped, I've asked experienced friends and got lots of off-the-wall guesses. I looked into my lighting and temperature and other things. Although I can't say for 100% sure at this point, i'm pretty certain, from looking at the bag that my potting soil came in, that the nutrients that the soil was enriched with is the culprit, causing nutrient burn to the vulnerable seedlings. That's something that was not mentioned in the instructions for starting the seeds that came with them. Also, I used well water to germinate, which is too high in iron. Two strikes. Without a picture, I can't compare out plants, but hopefully my mistakes may be of help to you. I'm going to try starting some more seeds today with those factors corrected. Best of luck to you.

OK, I just figured out how to upload a picture. This is what it looked like a week ago
DSCI0797a.jpg

I am confused..I am a total Noob as well and maybe Luck is on my side. I do give the ladies a lot of attention and so far, all is well! Entering week 2 of flower..:)
4-25-17.jpg

OK, I just figured out how to upload a picture. This is what it looked like a week ago
DSCI0797a.jpg

That looks like a relatively healthy seedling. The marks on the first two leaves looks like nute burn. So either you're feeding too early, or the soil has too many nutes. What are you using for lighting? What kind of issues are you running across?

Nutrient burn it is. In my lack of experience I picked up some soil that's enriched with plant food. I thought more expensive meant better. I'm always telling other people that's rarely the case WRT other things and I kind of went hypocrite on my ass. This one got put behind the other one with growth but it's starting to pick up now. Give me a few months and I'll have some White Widow for the arthriris (and relaxation).

Back
Top Bottom