First Time Grower - Novice Gardener

WthAmIDoing

Hello, all!

I am growing Outdoors for the first time. I have the cheapest set up possible— soil, Biothrive Grow & Bloom, and the sun :)

I have unknown seeds straight from a male plant. I currently have 5 plants: 3 sprouting and 2 currently growing. I live in Seattle and during this time (Early June) we can get a mix of gloomy and sunny days. I did not buy lights, so i germinated in a warm, humid shed in the window. The plants just sprouted, so I’ve been leaving them outside (i know, probably bad decision)

For the plants that are currently growing... i feel like they’re growth is a little stunted. Again, I’ve been leaving them outdoors and have not bought lights, and to be honest probably never will (unless they are a VERY reasonable price.. I’m a student)
I began feeding the growing plants BioThrive Grow (4-3-3) about twice a week and regular tap water for the rest. Considering it’s not very warm everyday, i don’t need to feed the plants very often.
I don’t expect to have a huge crop, considering i intend to make medicine out of these (both smoke and topical).

I’m assuming one of the seeds are Gelato, the rest are unknown. I also don’t know the sex of the seeds either.

I NEED TIPS! How can i have a successful first grow? I’ll be using this as my grow journal for updates along the journey. Thank you to everyone that read and i appreciate the future assistance!!

Welcome to our little virtual village.....:welcome:

I want to state, that cannabis is referred to as weed for a reason. Because it falls into that classification. It truly is a weed. It usually grows pretty well without much help outside. Some occasional watering, and decent soil, and you have got results. The results will vary according to strain, your location, and factors such as pests.

Most people grow outdoors to relieve most of the work. The problem is the high possibility for pests that can destroy your plants and other creatures that tend to eat them.

We hope you stick around and keep us updated as to your status.....read, ask questions, and just participate in the forum.

Hope to see you here.....:thumb:

Welcome to 420 Magazine forum! Things seem to be doing fairly well. A little stretch might be from looking for stronger light but nothing to worry about.

I would start a journal in the “journals in progress” section of the grow portion of the forum. You will get a bunch of folks checking it out and helping. I would recommend following a few journals too to make some friends. Folks te d to follow you when you follow them. Post the link to that journal here when /if you do.

Good luck!

Welcome whatamidoing , I'm a indoor novice myself, just started growing back in March, there's alot off info on here just cruise around and read and ask questions.
Curious what kind of soil ur using?
One thing to keep in mind on nutes especially early on is Moderation , start small 1/4-1/2 recommend dosage on bottle, you may be already past that?
Anyway welcome and good luck.

Welcome to 420 Magazine forum! Things seem to be doing fairly well. A little stretch might be from looking for stronger light but nothing to worry about.

I would start a journal in the “journals in progress” section of the grow portion of the forum. You will get a bunch of folks checking it out and helping. I would recommend following a few journals too to make some friends. Folks te d to follow you when you follow them. Post the link to that journal here when /if you do.

Good luck!
And yes, I’m using half strength now and will work up to full strength. I’ve only fed the plants about 3 times so far
Will do! Appreciate the help!

Hi, I would transplant the 3-4 week into garden now but first prep the soil with nutrients and then all you will need to do is water for the next few months. I also suspect I'm looking at two males but I could be wrong.

Hi, I would transplant the 3-4 week into garden now but first prep the soil with nutrients and then all you will need to do is water for the next few months. I also suspect I'm looking at two males but I could be wrong.
I don’t want them in-ground because i want to be able to move them when guest come over. Also, i was told i don’t really need any additional nutes with happy frog. What do u recommend?

I don’t want them in-ground because i want to be able to move them when guest come over. Also, i was told i don’t really need any additional nutes with happy frog. What do u recommend?
Firstly get a 50 liter pot for each plant and fill them with medium and nutes of your choice then transplant and water. Make sure you put the plants in a spot that gets the most sunlight during the day. Other than that I would put food scraps like egg shells etc on the surface of your medium for organic supplement.

Back
Top Bottom