First time grower. outdoor grow. advice welcome!

ShesFlyinHigh

20140812_123552.jpg
20140812_123614.jpg
20140812_123622.jpg
20140812_123650.jpg
20140812_123703.jpg

I definitely have two different types of plants. The close ups is of the one in the middle that has started to flower? How do I stop them from growing taller? When to harvest? Do you just let outdoor plants do their thing or do you have to change their routine to get them to bud? Any advice welcome. First time grower!

You can bend them gently. This is called LST, it will cause more branching and will force your plant to grow horizontally. An example:

cotton14.jpg

You will definitely need to transplant those plants in bigger pots if you want big buds.I think that you are late for LST becuse your plants are flowering.Nature will do everything except giving them food,you need to change veg fert to flowering fert.I can see some of lower leaves are yellow,i think it's N deficiency.Don't know what you have giving them till now so i don't know what advice i will give you. Conradino will give you great advice,he have great outdoor experiance and he now how to help plant.You need to put more info.They are looking good and they are starting to flower:goodjob:

If you can, I mean if it's safe, just let them go nature's way. If you can't, then you could start bending them lightly, but you're gonna have to get some ropes and sticks or screen, and then use it for LST.

What kind of flowering fert do you recommend? We are using a fox farm brand. We watered them with miracle grow, they grew 3 to 4 inches after that. We don't really want them to get taller but don't want to risk fucking them up since we have no experience with LST. I checked them today and all 3 are flowering now. I'll post pics. What kind of nutrients do you recommend for them also?

I don't have much experience with ferts because i don't have big choice to chose in my country.I use hesi products and they are not organic.I also grow 100% organic with manure,eggshells,banana tea...I think that miracle grow is good fert.Need to keep in mind to change veg fert to bloom fert when flowering start,you need lot of PK in flowering.Wait for other growers to respond,they will help you more with nutrient selection.:peace:

What kind of flowering fert do you recommend? We are using a fox farm brand. We watered them with miracle grow, they grew 3 to 4 inches after that. We don't really want them to get taller but don't want to risk fucking them up since we have no experience with LST. I checked them today and all 3 are flowering now. I'll post pics. What kind of nutrients do you recommend for them also?
super bloom 12/56/8 is what i use its from greenlite..thats some the best stuff i have ever used for outdoors..i use mircle grow for veg but once they start the flowering process i use the super bloom and it works great..i have seen alot of mixed results with mircle grow some say its shit others say its good..i have used it for years with good results outdoors.. the plant dont know if u are useing foxfarm or MG..all they know is they are getting the NPK regardless of the name on the box..i usally yeild 1 lb+ per plant so its not to bad considering that they grow over 7foot and yeild that much useing MG..

Back
Top Bottom