First Time Grower - Plant Looking Bad

don't use clay pots.if you have permanent spot use a tree pot,you know the big ones .they are what 3 gallon or some thing like that .bury the pot in the ground(unless you need move it because of thieves).Transfer to plain old topsoil.water it after you stick your finger all the in and it is dry.(plain water or rain )always jam your finger in deep to test dryness.mj likes dry but not too dry for long.dont give her too much food cuz theres food in the topsoil.if you need move it around and stuff then water til it flows out the bottom like you have been told before.then be patient.Hope my ramble helps.The *be patient* will help i know for sure.

i just relooked at pics...heat.too hot.they are burning up like 90.no more food .theres tons in that potting soil you are using.nitrogen can and will burn your baby to a crisp if you let it.

mine looked like that too at first.
Pics_013_Small.jpg
they turned out like this.not alot of food.was present in the soil.was real hot .watered when it didnt rain after i jammed my finger in to check if it was dry.

to anwser your question, most plants will do this to some degree, especially ones outside. I beleive it has something to do with the humidity. also the fact that it's dark and they"ll seem to sag just a bit and perk right back up as the sun comes up. nothing to worry about. the new growth by the way looks healthy, good for you. and i think we're going to need a little closer look at the nodes to see any pistols, i can see the blades but can't make anything out for sure.
And G-man...nice looking plants !!!

new growth is looking good,, great job,

I have cut the dead/burnt edges off of leaves before, (indoor plant, controlled conditions), but usually I'll just let it completely dry out, until it falls off with a gentle touch,

dont cut any part of the leaves off, or cut any whole leaves off. the plant needs all the leaf suface area as possible.

i hear what your saying Jamis, but you can cut the dead parts off, or, if a leaf is 51% or more afflicted by the problem cut it off. The reason doing this is ok is because the burnt up/dead leaves are no longer performing any beneficial duties to the plant.

dying leafs in the grow area invites pests and disease.:goodluck:

i hear what your saying Jamis, but you can cut the dead parts off, or, if a leaf is 51% or more afflicted by the problem cut it off. The reason doing this is ok is because the burnt up/dead leaves are no longer performing any beneficial duties to the plant.

dying leafs in the grow area invites pests and disease.:goodluck:
Yes you're absolutely correct about the 50% or more rule, but mainly I was refering to cutting leaves in general on a sick plant is never a good idea. An exposed surface or, open wound if you will, invites many unneeded problems. I believe it would be benefit an unhealthy plant to leave the leaves with small portions of dried leaf damage alone and as you said, cut ones with atleast 50% damage completely off.

o boy ur gonna harvest a lb from that little girl =) i would if you still got her under a shade get her out in the open if you want a 1/4 or more. also give her some N in her nute mix. not much but some to get some early growth out of her maybe inc ur yield a little more =) well atleast ur kept her alive

Lol, i dont thing a lb is happening haha. but umm, yah, its chilled down lately, and ive been keeping it in the sun more often, today until next monday is gonna be 100+ here, so imma bring her in during the peak heat hours and have her under some temporary lights till it cools down outside.

anyways, here are some more pictures, flowering day 18, looks like the trichs are starting up :):).
(this is starting to turn into a mini grow journal, if you guys dont mind, ill keep up the pics)

IMG_0483-1.jpg

IMG_0493-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom