First Time Grower PPM Question

Love it! She grew like crazy in Veg. No issues at all. Bring that this is my first time I expected Flower stage to be just as rapid. Definitely very healthy, and the buds are filling in along the stalk but the outer buds haven’t changed a lot in 5 days or so. Is that normal? I’m watering today. Is the Unsulphered Molasses good? I only added a Tsp as I wasn’t sure last time. I heard I can add a couple Tbs to feed microbes. Any advice sure is appreciated!
Molasses is the old stand by that most swear by, I prefer to use Yucca Extract.
I think molasses can tend to get a bit heavy in the soil sorta like a wet blanket.

Molasses is the old stand by that most swear by, I prefer to use Yucca Extract.
I think molasses can tend to get a bit heavy in the soil sorta like a wet blanket.

I promise I am not trying to hi jack the thread. I am trying to learn nutes so while the topic is open I figure I'll ask my questions.

Nunyabiz linked me a good read about yucca and I am very appreciative. I understand that yucca works as a wetting agent and has various other beneficial uses. My question here is about molasses... vs yucca I guess, though that isn't exactly the best way to put it. I have seen molasses being mentioned here and there, mostly to feed soil biology. Does it have other uses? Does yucca feed soil biology? My guess is yes based on it being a starch thus breaking down into carbs but this is in the human body no soil. I'll be using yucca for the many reasons in that link but I am wondering if I need to find something to feed biology. I'll be using soil balance pro, compost tea and I am debating mykos from xtreme but that may be over kill. I won't be using mykos this grow but in the future it is on the list.

I promise I am not trying to hi jack the thread. I am trying to learn nutes so while the topic is open I figure I'll ask my questions.

Nunyabiz linked me a good read about yucca and I am very appreciative. I understand that yucca works as a wetting agent and has various other beneficial uses. My question here is about molasses... vs yucca I guess, though that isn't exactly the best way to put it. I have seen molasses being mentioned here and there, mostly to feed soil biology. Does it have other uses? Does yucca feed soil biology? My guess is yes based on it being a starch thus breaking down into carbs but this is in the human body no soil. I'll be using yucca for the many reasons in that link but I am wondering if I need to find something to feed biology. I'll be using soil balance pro, compost tea and I am debating mykos from xtreme but that may be over kill. I won't be using mykos this grow but in the future it is on the list.

I feel like big dummy! I didn't read her post fully. It sounds like you use yucca to feed soil biology. However, my question of those three products being over kill stands...

I have seen root elixir in my searches/reading, I will have to take a closer look at it. Never heard of ferticell algae but that will change. I have seen bokashi and grokashi, I haven't read to much into either but it seem they both or at least bokashi help with the mycellium mat in the soil. Heck after reading that I was thinking if one dug a few feet down and used... say mushmattes from BAS to surround the hole, inoculated them with bokashi/grokashi, filled with a good soil and put another layer in there somewhere towards the top and finished with compost,ewc etc that'd it make for a good raised bed. I was thinking the mushmatte would help fight off anything non beneficial but at the same time maybe at some point it'd become negative bacteria so Idk if it's a great idea... I digress... I have seen a lot of people mention malted barley what is it's purpose? I will be purchasing ewc form BAS and compost for Malibu for next season.

I have seen root elixir in my searches/reading, I will have to take a closer look at it. Never heard of ferticell algae but that will change. I have seen bokashi and grokashi, I haven't read to much into either but it seem they both or at least bokashi help with the mycellium mat in the soil. Heck after reading that I was thinking if one dug a few feet down and used... say mushmattes from BAS to surround the hole, inoculated them with bokashi/grokashi, filled with a good soil and put another layer in there somewhere towards the top and finished with compost,ewc etc that'd it make for a good raised bed. I was thinking the mushmatte would help fight off anything non beneficial but at the same time maybe at some point it'd become negative bacteria so Idk if it's a great idea... I digress... I have seen a lot of people mention malted barley what is it's purpose? I will be purchasing ewc form BAS and compost for Malibu for next season.
Malted barley releases enzymes that are a catalyst to help the microbes break down the soil and amendments to create bioavailable nutrients the plant can use.
Also feeds the microbes and the worms.

Malted barley releases enzymes that are a catalyst to help the microbes break down the soil and amendments to create bioavailable nutrients the plant can use.
Also feeds the microbes and the worms.

Sounds like something I should use for sure. Probably when re amending to help jump start that process. What is the watering schedule with it? Daily, weekly, monthly or...?

Also LOS(living organic soil) and no till. Are they essentially the same? I think the main purpose/thought behind no til is don't turn/til the soil as it breaks up the mycology/mycellium mat in the soil. Living organic soil to my understanding is exactly what we've been talking about here and over in the other thread I made. Building the soil treating it like a battery to feed the plant etc.

Sounds like something I should use for sure. Probably when re amending to help jump start that process. What is the watering schedule with it? Daily, weekly, monthly or...?

Also LOS(living organic soil) and no till. Are they essentially the same? I think the main purpose/thought behind no til is don't turn/til the soil as it breaks up the mycology/mycellium mat in the soil. Living organic soil to my understanding is exactly what we've been talking about here and over in the other thread I made. Building the soil treating it like a battery to feed the plant etc.
Watering schedule on my particular pots?
I usually water about every day because I got cover crop, worms, bugs and 25 gallons of living soil to keep moist.

There's malted barley in Craft Blend which is one of the many reasons I add it every few weeks.

I believe you can do what can be referred to as a LOS but not be No-till, but No-till is pretty much got to be LOS.

Watering schedule on my particular pots?
I usually water about every day because I got cover crop, worms, bugs and 25 gallons of living soil to keep moist.

There's malted barley in Craft Blend which is one of the many reasons I add it every few weeks.

I believe you can do what can be referred to as a LOS but not be No-till, but No-till is pretty much got to be LOS.

I see, thanks!

Keeping the soil moist must be a task. Have you measured how much water you give it daily? How much til run off happens?

I asked about LOS vs no till because while interested in no till Idk that it is realistic for me right now as I don't have the space I would like to be able to create a side by side for comparison. Though I am sure if I sat down I could figure something out...

I see, thanks!

Keeping the soil moist must be a task. Have you measured how much water you give it daily? How much til run off happens?

I asked about LOS vs no till because while interested in no till Idk that it is realistic for me right now as I don't have the space I would like to be able to create a side by side for comparison. Though I am sure if I sat down I could figure something out...
Depends at what stage the grow is in.
But it will go from fallow with nothing but cover crop and worms which I will usually water about half gallon a day with a deep water until run off maybe once every 2 weeks.
Up to late flower where I usually water about 1-2 gallons a day.
Every time I water I super oxygenate it so I'm pumping dissolved oxygen into the soil every day.

I run two 25 gallon pots in a 2x5 bathtub

Depends at what stage the grow is in.
But it will go from fallow with nothing but cover crop and worms which I will usually water about half gallon a day with a deep water until run off maybe once every 2 weeks.
Up to late flower where I usually water about 1-2 gallons a day.
Every time I water I super oxygenate it so I'm pumping dissolved oxygen into the soil every day.

I run two 25 gallon pots in a 2x5 bathtub

I was wondering what you were in when I saw all the tile. I was guessing a bathtub but figured it'd come out eventually, hence never asking. At first I was like did he build his own grow space, but why did he use tile.

How many plants do you put in one pot at a time? When you say super oxygenate do you mean run a pump in the water for some time before using the water?

I was wondering what you were in when I saw all the tile. I was guessing a bathtub but figured it'd come out eventually, hence never asking. At first I was like did he build his own grow space, but why did he use tile.

How many plants do you put in one pot at a time? When you say super oxygenate do you mean run a pump in the water for some time before using the water?
One plant in each pot.
I use oxygen emitters to oxygenate the water.

We acquired a 1000w LED

Your "1000w" LED... almost certainly isn't. Maybe your plant slowed down because you're just not providing it with sufficient light energy. How many watts is it actually consuming? And is it a "blurple" or some other type? What is the area of the space you're lighting with it?

@Jameii how are the plants coming along?
Funny you should ask! I was just reading all the awesome info on organic nutes! I’m feeling my soul needs a bit of something.
So because she’s adopted, I don’t know her actual age. I estimate she was about 3-4 weeks from seed July 10. So I go in today and a few of the pistols are an orange color on tips. It’s on some of the tiny buds down low so I’m pretty confident it’s not the light. I’m also seeing trichomes! Like overnight. I feel like a protective mom...she’s too young! Haha. What do y’all think? Did I do something wrong? Leaves still look green & healthy. I keep expecting her to grow buds a bit faster. Thanks in advance oh wise ones!

9FAE4A62-E0B9-4A6A-8C64-A32B32A8931E.jpegC62FD0E7-8D92-425F-B0AC-E8365970F5EC.jpeg856002EA-0F5F-4DF2-9CF8-B6C577ECE832.png

they look fabulous i'd say
Yay!!! Ty! So I was checking it out & I saw what appears to be a white fly. I couldn’t catch it. I don’t see any damage and no others. What can I do? Worried I’ll affect the bud if I treat with anything at this point? Normally I’d use homemade insecticide soap with a bit of peppermint oil. Anyone have ideas?

i think neem oil during flower is not a good idea. I think it was @InTheShed who said it to me. Not sure toooo :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom