First Time grower, Questions

northgate

I am still in my research process for buying all my equipment and have a few basic questions for my environment. I plan on ordering everything this week. This is what I decided to use so far..

I am growing in doors and am going to use a 5x5 tent with 1000W ballast

DARK ROOM 2 - DR 150 (60" X 60" X 80")

At first I was stuck on getting the Lumatek 1000 Dimmable and Multi-Watt but then I came across the Quantum 1000 Watt Dimmable Electronic Ballast
I just want to clear something up with this decision. With the Quantum ballast I can dim a 1000w bulb to 600w but with the Lumatek ballast I can only use the 600w feature if I buy a 600W Bulb? Please correct me if I am wrong. I really like the Quantum because of this feature since I am using 1 tent and while vegging it might be best to drop the bulb down to 600W and would be nice to not have to buy a new bulb for this.

Sunleaves WindTunnel Inline Fan - 6" 409 CFM -- based on other posts with calculators posted, Is this enough CFM ? Also I want to attach Phresh Filters Click here for Calculator I used

I have been looking around for a description of how to setup the filters with the fan and light. The best I saw was watching this DR150 video on youtube. How does this setup work? The filter is hanging at the top then it is connected to the light then to the exhaust. Should the filter be attached right before the exhaust not on that far end of the light?

I have to go and will be back for more questions. Any information will help, thanks!

Go with the quantum, no question about that. Plus I read that the dimmable feature will reduce the electric unlike the lumatek. Make sure your cfm's match up with the filter cfm requirement.. If they do you should be good on your out take. Since you are using an air cooled lamp you would atach the filter into the light and light into your out take fan.

Back
Top Bottom